Sponsored By:

2011 Cayenne S 4 way flashers Gremlin

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 01:00 PM
Rick3452
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2011 Cayenne S 4 way flashers Gremlin

Hi Guys! Was away for seven weeks from Fort Lauderdale, and when I returned battery was dead as dead can be. I was unable to jump it, called for roadside assistance, he couldn't jump it with his jump pack either. Had vehicle flat beaded to local Foreign shop, the replace battery, reset computer and I picked up the car. All seemed fine, got home, locked car and when I glanced back the 4 way flashers were on. I went back to car, unlocked it and the lights stopped flashing. When I locked it again they immediately started flashing again. With the hurricane coming I thought I just wouldn't lock it. Within 40 seconds the car locks itself and the flashers continue until you unlock again, then it re locks every-time and flashes. When they are flashing and you look inside the dash nothing is flashing. Also when you push the lock button on the FOB it no longer "chirps"
Any thoughts?
Thanks! Rick
Old 09-01-2019, 11:07 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,143 Likes on 759 Posts

Thoughts? Yeah - avoid jump starting any vehicle with the amount of solid state electronics in it that a Cayenne has. Jump starting can send a high-voltage pulse through the electrical system frying expensive electronics as it goes. The pulse is caused by the sparking you see when connecting the jumper cables.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:42 PM
irobertson
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine has started doing the same thing. Looking forward to hearing if you come up with a reason.
BTW, I haven't jump started the car, and to the best of my knowledge the battery has never run flat.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:01 PM
irobertson
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default More on this

I've found that while the flashers are going there is a tick tick sound coming from the area of the fuel filler that is not in time with the flashers.
I did not realize that the fuel filler door locks when you lock the car.
It seems like this mechanism is trying to do something but can't.
I found that if I push in the release spring, then close the door against it (leaving the door slightly ajar... The flashers don't go off 30 seconds after rI lock the car.
I need to have the dealer check into this further for me.

Quick Reply: 2011 Cayenne S 4 way flashers Gremlin