Another "Tesla" Style Screen

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2022, 11:22 AM
offroadfun
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TMC.
Glad you got it!
I've been reading this thread since day one. I've wanted one of these but I can't lose my XM.
Edit, yea I bet it's tied into the bus at the radio. I bet I'd lose the clock I added if I removed the PCM.
You do know that there is an XM app for smartphones now right? I imagine you could put that app on one of these units as well. I put it on my phone and use it on my boat and every car I bluetooth to.
Old 11-05-2022, 06:35 PM
offroadfun
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Will these units work with the factory back up camera or does it need to be replaced with an aftermarket one?
Old 11-07-2022, 11:47 AM
ymaval
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have been following this thread. This version of the android headunit is the best looking one in my opinion. Looks OEM. The issue is that I can’t find a version that matches Macan. Does anyone know what happens if I install this in a Macan? Would the empty space under this unit become an aesthetic issue? I already have issues with my PCM. So switching to these would actually be a cost-saver. But I don’t like the look of the units that are just a flat screen or the unit that partially resembles this but looks much cheaper and is made for Macan. Unfortunately i find it in poor taste. any opinions/prior experience with Macan would be much appreciated.
link the the cheap looking version for Macan which covers the lower section:

US $373.19 33% Off | Car Radio For Porsche Macan 2014 2015 2016 Android 11 8+128GB Multimedia Player GPS 2 Din Head Unit Carplay DSP
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPPaMgy

I also didn’t figure out from this forum sheathed or not there are substantial features lost by switching to this. Perhaps I missed it. I have launch x431 for changing options in the car. Would I still lose functionality?
It would be cool if opening the lower section of headunit in Macan would reveal a MagSafe charger by the way 🤨
I already made an experimental setup for my macan over the cigarette lighter:

Originally Posted by Ruger59
Hi everyone,
I'm having a difficult install of a Tesla screen I bought off of Ali Express. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the sound to play which is more than frustrating. The unit I bought was a Sadocom Tesla screen this one to be exact. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...422c4c4d5RUevn The wiring directions provided have been more than useless for this install. The diagram was for a completely different unit plus the electrical plugs shown in the photos don't match at all. Shows three plugs however I only have one which feeds into the main harness. Now I did buy the optional fiber optic box since I own a 2012 with the Bose sound package https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/...05001762014266 The box says Benz E and the photos on the website show three wires a B+ Acc and Gnd. The one I received is only B+ and Gnd. Now is that normal or did I get a defective unit? I wired the B+ to fuse 39 and grounded it to a screw near the fuse box on the metal crash support.Any help is welcomed at this point in time. Thank you.

Last edited by ymaval; 11-07-2022 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-21-2023, 09:43 AM
WakkaWakka
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello.

I’m all new to this forum and a soon-to-be owner of a 2016 Cayenne.
Looking to swap the pcm 3.1 in the car, but this thread is over a year old.. any news on this front? What is the go-to device these days?
I’m looking for 8.4”.

As far as I have read in this thread, the only thing not working after swap is the cluster-map-doodad.

I live in Norway, so I need DAB-radio. I guess I will have to do this via a USB-adapter?

Best regards
Old 11-04-2023, 02:50 AM
BlinkerFluid
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed the 10.4 variant, but backup camera in reverse is displaying a "No Signal". Noticed there are two ports from the car that has nowhere to go in the headunit. Any pointers on getting the backup camera to talk to the headunit?

Quick Reply: Another "Tesla" Style Screen