Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Weird front and rear sensor and.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 05:44 PM
Boomer80
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Weird front and rear sensor and.

I’m stuck and wondering if I messed up something when I reinstalled my Joyeauto CarPlay yesterday. Everything with the CarPlay seems to be working fine but noticed as I was pulling it out Of the garage that I lost the images on the PCM. The sensors are working fine as they beep as I approach but the screen is dead. Once I put it back in drive the image from the backup camera came on and the front sensors showed up as I pulled into the garage with the rear view camera image. Weird! It seems to be confused.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:21 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,143 Likes on 759 Posts

I believe the JoyAuto borrows the standard video screen - so even if the PCM is trying to show backup camera info - it has no place to send it to. Dunno if JoyAuto thought to do an auto-switchover under those conditions or not..
Old 04-11-2020, 11:10 AM
lexart
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would first attempt to reboot both the PCM and the JoyeAuto controller box. With key out of ignition, remove PCM Fuse #51 (10A) on the passenger side fuse panel and remove power from the JoyeAuto ACC wire to switched power. Wait a few minutes, reinstall PCM fuse and restore power to ACC line.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:28 AM
Boomer80
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by lexart
I would first attempt to reboot both the PCM and the JoyeAuto controller box. With key out of ignition, remove PCM Fuse #51 (10A) on the passenger side fuse panel and remove power from the JoyeAuto ACC wire to switched power. Wait a few minutes, reinstall PCM fuse and restore power to ACC line.
i did both of those. I’m done with the Joyeauto unit. I removed everything and am back to stock. Not worth the headache anymore.

Quick Reply: Weird front and rear sensor and.