Sponsored By:

Engine codes, indy at a loss!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 06:28 PM
Cibeibcab
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Engine codes, indy at a loss!

2011 CTT has been running fine but is starting to throw 3 engine codes, but no CEL (had it for a day but then it went away). P1376 (valve lift control, cylinder 8 implausible signal), P1572 (control unit run on not ended correctly (implausible signal), P0011 (intake camshaft position timing, bank 1 (implausible signal). I'm super frustrated and can't seem to find any results online for what's up. Here's what we've done: replaced camshaft solenoid with new one, confirmed bolts on actuator were at spec torque, compression tested (all good), checked tops of valves (to the best of our abilities without taking off camshaft). Also, three months ago replaced all ignition coils and spark plugs. Have even switched coils and plugs to different cylinders just to see. No love. Oil changed 500 miles ago with Mobile 1, etc. The P1376 has been there since beginning of January. The other two just came up recently after putting in new solenoid. And to be honest, we actually put in the solenoid from Bank 2 accidentally, then replaced it later with the new one (long story), so it has had two OEM solenoids run through it in last two months. Any help is appreciated! Indy has called hotlines, and no one is of any help. Thanks!

Old 05-05-2020, 01:05 AM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Check out this thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...rol-codes.html

I believe my previous GTS threw this code and the final diagnosis was a clogged actuator. I had to prove regular oil changes to get it covered under CPO. I’ll look for the paperwork to confirm but it’s been two Cayennes ago and the paperwork probably went to the subsequent owner.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:58 AM
Cibeibcab
Intermediate

Originally Posted by B.Kish
Check out this thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...rol-codes.html

I believe my previous GTS threw this code and the final diagnosis was a clogged actuator. I had to prove regular oil changes to get it covered under CPO. I’ll look for the paperwork to confirm but it’s been two Cayennes ago and the paperwork probably went to the subsequent owner.
which code are you referring to? And what did they do to fix it? Trying to find some actionable items for the indy. He thinks there are several problems to include stretched timing chain. Geez
Old 05-05-2020, 12:16 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

I’ll continue to look for paperwork or emails but I’m afraid it’s probably gone. My dealer honed in on it quickly so I suspect they’d seen the issue. I wonder if a dealer might be a better resource.

I’ll report back whether or not I find anything else.

I did find the invoice. Unfortunately the code was P1372 and not P1376. Sorry for the misinformation. If it helps, the invoice says they replaced the actuator and after driving it re-failed and they had to replace a bunch of oil restrictors and flush the system.

Last edited by B.Kish; 05-05-2020 at 12:36 PM. Reason: More info
Old 05-05-2020, 06:06 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,143 Likes on 759 Posts

I believe the 2011 V8 has a strainer in the hole in the head that the solenoid gets it's oil fee from. That strainer has been known to get plugged up and cause these sort of problems.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:29 PM
Cibeibcab
Intermediate

Originally Posted by deilenberger
I believe the 2011 V8 has a strainer in the hole in the head that the solenoid gets it's oil fee from. That strainer has been known to get plugged up and cause these sort of problems.
like all 3 codes from just the solenoid strainer? New solenoid though...
Old 05-07-2020, 01:03 AM
mark944turbo
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

When it comes to diagnosing combinations of codes the dealer is probably cost effective. You can have them let you know what they think needs replacing, then do the work yourself, or bring it back to the Indy if trying to save money. The dealer has the advantage of having possibly seen the same code combo before (unlikely you are the only one ever to encounter this), so you can benefit from the time and $ they've already spent learning what was the cause. Worn out (aka stretched) timing chain at 90K is highly unlikely, sounds like someone guessing to me.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:37 PM
Cibeibcab
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mark944turbo
When it comes to diagnosing combinations of codes the dealer is probably cost effective. You can have them let you know what they think needs replacing, then do the work yourself, or bring it back to the Indy if trying to save money. The dealer has the advantage of having possibly seen the same code combo before (unlikely you are the only one ever to encounter this), so you can benefit from the time and $ they've already spent learning what was the cause. Worn out (aka stretched) timing chain at 90K is highly unlikely, sounds like someone guessing to me.
yep, dropped it off today at dealer. Tired of messing with guessing games. The rep asked me all the things I’ve done so far, and he was shocked at all the measures we’ve taken. Thankfully we’ve already exhausted several avenues, so it might help diagnosis. Will report when I hear back.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cibeibcab:
deilenberger (05-09-2020), mark944turbo (05-07-2020)
Old 03-15-2022, 10:20 PM
Cjsmith411
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cibeibcab
yep, dropped it off today at dealer. Tired of messing with guessing games. The rep asked me all the things I’ve done so far, and he was shocked at all the measures we’ve taken. Thankfully we’ve already exhausted several avenues, so it might help diagnosis. Will report when I hear back.

@Cibeibcab Curious on the diagnosis here I have the same engine code. P1376. Trying to run sea foam thru to see if that helps clear the oil sludge.

Last edited by lml999; 03-15-2022 at 10:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Engine codes, indy at a loss!