Updated coolant thermostat housing/crossover pipe

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 02:09 AM
joshuajj
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated coolant thermostat housing/crossover pipe

Hello,

I am experiencing gradual coolant leak on my 2013 CTT 139000km on it. First time I noticed was last winter, I got first low coolant level light, no sweet smell, no leaks on the ground whatsoever, I topped up with 50/50 mixture of oem coolant anyway. Stayed good time until this summer is ended. Nowadays, every weekend, my day starts with topping 1 liter of coolant up, starting smell hot sweet maple syrup when I end for driving. I decided to go dealership for figuring out this coolant issue and another issue. They apparently opened up (even though the hose clamps on intake Y pipe never moved from the initial position) and pressure tested for system. Finally, they could address issue for coolant system. leak coming from thermostat housing/distribution housing o-rings. They also quoted all the sealing of coolant system (thermostat assy, water pump sealing, vent line) which costs about CDN $444.41 and put labor cost in it, total around CDN $1800. I would go for it. However, I postponed the repair for researching before throw to repair. What I researched is there are two parts updated which are thermostat housing and crossover pipe for not gluing fittings. My question is, on 2013 CTT, there is possibility those updated parts already were installed from the factory? I read the Porsche part catalog on the crossover pipe, they indicated applicable engine number on the part description and model section. On the model section, my CTT EC (4852) is indicated through all part numbers but the CTT engine (__D) only showing on updated parts. I do not mind pay for updated thermostat housing, however I simply do not want to drop the engine for replacing updated crossover pipe. I was trying to figure out myself by put inspection camera into rear side engine from top of the engine, nothing can see. Sorry for my broken English and here is picture for easy understanding.

Last edited by joshuajj; 09-10-2020 at 02:10 AM.
Old 09-10-2020, 09:01 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 344 Likes on 240 Posts

My 2012 CTT had the updated crossover pipe from the factory.
Yours may have it also.

Last edited by twodollardoug; 09-10-2020 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-18-2023, 10:06 PM
smichael
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am out of warranty and seem to have the same issue with my 991-1. Any idea of what the dealer would charge for the repair?

Quick Reply: Updated coolant thermostat housing/crossover pipe