Heated (also cooled) seats not working from time to time

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2023, 07:39 PM
Zingari
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by atilla91
pix1. unclip front rail covers and slide
OK my naked 10k NTC thermistors have arrived. But from the post above and the test what's to stop me just putting the thermistor across the yellow/black and brown/black wires at the seat connector to save the hassle of dismantling the seat?
Old 11-19-2023, 08:44 PM
palmyra
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zingari
OK my naked 10k NTC thermistors have arrived. But from the post above and the test what's to stop me just putting the thermistor across the yellow/black and brown/black wires at the seat connector to save the hassle of dismantling the seat?
I did exactly that and it worked a charm. Simply stripped the wires and inserted them into the back of the plug alongside the bad thermistor wires. I was just wanted to check that the new thermistor would work, and it did. Rather than work at trying to get the thermistor up into the seat pad, I tucked it up on the side of foam and taped the wire into place. It's been working fine for a few months. No complaints. We'll see if the thermistor is sending the right information to the switch. I might need to operate it manually, turning it off to turn the seat down. We'll see, but the challenge of dismantling the seat and doing the job perfectly didn't seem worthwhile.
The following users liked this post:
Zingari (11-20-2023)
Old 11-23-2023, 07:10 PM
Zingari
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Update on mine. Two of the elements in the backrest had gone leaving the back of the seat open circuit. They aint cheap over £250 from Porsche! In the end I got a trusty Indy to diagnose and replace the two elements as he only charged me 2hrs labour and was well versed in taking the seat apart. Had it not been the elements then I'd have had a go myself.
The following users liked this post:
Telchar85 (04-02-2024)

Quick Reply: Heated (also cooled) seats not working from time to time