Oil Pressure Monitoring System Failure

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 06:15 PM
sjt0017
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Oil Pressure Monitoring System Failure

Hey all,

Tried searching but cannot find anyone else that has navigated this issue on a 958 Cayenne Turbo (or other V8) yet.

My Oil Pressure Monitoring System light has turned on (intermittently) in my 13 CTT. I'll start off by saying the car runs PERFECT. Absolutely no problems mechanically, I believe it's the sending unit or a connection issue, hoping someone can help me navigate through diagnosis if they've been through this already. This problem only started after I changed the coils & plugs, so maybe I moved or hit one of the wires for the sending unit while doing that maintenance?

In cold starts, the light is off and stays off until I stop the car, and turn it back on (as in stopping for gas, shopping, running errands, etc). It seems to only be on after the car has warmed up, and it will stay on until it has a chance for the car to cool off overnight. I live in Austin so we're still getting 80+ degree days here and sometimes on warmer days, the light will be on even after letting it sit overnight.

I've already bought a replacement sensor ($200), but it doesn't seem to be an easy location to access for replacement and I just did the oil change a month or two ago... anyone out there able to help?!

TIA,
Shane
Old 12-16-2020, 05:51 PM
sjt0017
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Update: When using my icarsoft, I can reset the oil pressure sending unit and it turns off the notification & shows me the oil pressure immediately, telling me that it is not the unit itself, but a coding issue. I saw in other threads (955/957) that they were seeing this exact problem, but were able to fix it by pulling the Gateway Control Unit's #40 fuse out and reinstalling it. This would reset the whole gateway and they never had an issue afterward.

So, can someone tell me which fuse is for our Gateway Control Unit (or other wording for this electrical unit)? The fuse box diagrams for 958 Turbo don't mention this specific fuse anywhere.
Old 01-19-2023, 02:32 PM
castromd
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sjt0017
Update: When using my icarsoft, I can reset the oil pressure sending unit and it turns off the notification & shows me the oil pressure immediately, telling me that it is not the unit itself, but a coding issue. I saw in other threads (955/957) that they were seeing this exact problem, but were able to fix it by pulling the Gateway Control Unit's #40 fuse out and reinstalling it. This would reset the whole gateway and they never had an issue afterward.

So, can someone tell me which fuse is for our Gateway Control Unit (or other wording for this electrical unit)? The fuse box diagrams for 958 Turbo don't mention this specific fuse anywhere.
Having same exact problem right now. Got any solutions yet?
Old 02-19-2023, 04:39 PM
Cyrus951
Rennlist Member

I’m having the exact same issue on my 13 GTS, did anyone end up resolving it?
Old 04-14-2023, 09:34 AM
creative4art
AutoX

Hi, were you able to find a solution to this?
Old 07-06-2023, 07:41 PM
konrad h1
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 42 Posts

Did anyone find a solution for this? Where is this mysterious fuse?
Old 07-06-2023, 09:04 PM
AnAlbumCover
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 101 Posts

I don't know where the fuse is but if you pull the battery overnight and leave the ignition in "on" it should effectively drain the entire car of charge (effectively pulling that fuse)....but you'll prob lose your radio presets, etc etc...

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure Monitoring System Failure