Sponsored By:

key fob won't go into ignition

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 02:57 PM
stumil
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Default key fob won't go into ignition

Here's a new one. The key fob won't go into the ignition. There is a prong or pin at the top and bottom of the ignition switch that looks like it needs to pivot backwards in order to accept the key fob, but those prongs/pins are locked in place and won't allow the key to go in more than a few millimeters. The key fob buttons still work locking/unlocking the doors and operating the tailgate.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-17-2021, 05:09 PM
cuttinsod
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I had this happen once on my 2011 CS....Porsche service support (was under warranty at the time) said that I turned the car off and removed the key too quickly.....it is easy to reset....there is a little door flap in the ignition key surround recess...pop that open and use a very small screwdriver or pic to push the little "button" inside...this will release the pins, and you can put your key back it...
The following users liked this post:
RAudi Driver (01-18-2021)
Old 01-18-2021, 11:21 AM
stumil
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks cuttinsod. When I tried to open the little flap door I noticed that it was not aligned with the cut-out in the surround. When I rotated it into alignment the pins opened up and all is now well. Thanks for putting me on the right track!

Quick Reply: key fob won't go into ignition