Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2023, 03:22 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 415 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by NamesLucky
Just want to confirm one more thing. Living in Montana, the closest dealership for the car I am buying is 2 hours away, is an indy shop an option with fidelity prior to factory warranty running out? I would assume no based on the contract,
just want to confirm.

​​
The official answer is no, you would need a denied warranty claim from the OEM dealership before filing the same claim with Fidelity at an independent while still under factory warranty coverage. However, do you have a 2019 that sat around on the dealership lot and factory warranty didn't kick in until 6-8 months later, making your vehicle over 4 years old while still under factory warranty? Well you may be alright. You can't have a '23 w/ 2K miles on it, having claims come through your local indy before having a denied claim attempt with the factory warranty, at a factory store.

If you have any other questions you can reach me at tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 02 https://bit.ly/49A6n4M

Old 05-01-2023, 03:24 PM
NamesLucky
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
The official answer is no, you would need a denied warranty claim from the OEM dealership before filing the same claim with Fidelity at an independent while still under factory warranty coverage. However, do you have a 2019 that sat around on the dealership lot and factory warranty didn't kick in until 6-8 months later, making your vehicle over 4 years old while still under factory warranty? Well you may be alright. You can't have a '23 w/ 2K miles on it, having claims come through your local indy before having a denied claim attempt with the factory warranty, at a factory store.

If you have any other questions you can reach me at tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333
Thanks for the response! This is how I thought it worked, just wanted to make sure.
The following users liked this post:
Highline-Autos.com (05-01-2023)
Old 05-01-2023, 03:43 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 113 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by NamesLucky
Just want to confirm one more thing. Living in Montana, the closest dealership for the car I am buying is 2 hours away, is an indy shop an option with fidelity prior to factory warranty running out? I would assume no based on the contract,
just want to confirm.

​​
Factory Warranty will need to be used if it's still in effect. Fidelity coverage will take over as soon as Factory Warranty expires, and you can then go to your Indy shop.

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)
Old 05-02-2023, 10:19 AM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

My 2016 Cayenne has over 100K so when I apply, it only gives a few options to choose, for which I understand the reasoning.

Can you post a list or a link that shows all of the available coverages for comparison?
Old 05-02-2023, 11:11 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by LouZ
My 2016 Cayenne has over 100K so when I apply, it only gives a few options to choose, for which I understand the reasoning.

Can you post a list or a link that shows all of the available coverages for comparison?
Our updated link will show ALL available options through Fidelity / it leaves no options aside.

https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...ine-quote.html
Old 05-02-2023, 05:14 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars
Our updated link will show ALL available options through Fidelity / it leaves no options aside.

https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...ine-quote.html

PS: Show your support and leave me some kind words!
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/mbernardo100
@SteingoldVolvoCars
Michael,

Thanks again for another quick and painless transaction, our third. My Cayenne S is now covered for another 4 years, 48,000 miles, stem to stern.
Old 05-04-2023, 09:35 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default *New* SmartVault Client Portal to store Fidelity Contracts | FactoryProtect.com

Hey all - just a note to update everyone on the newest addition to our site / we’ve created a SmartVault Client Portal that will store your Fidelity contracts that are purchased through us at FactoryProtect.com - from this point forward, we’ll be sending an account invitation with all orders and your contract will be stored in the cloud for easy access.

We’ll still be emailing your contract and sending a printed version via USPS, but from this point forward, it will also be available through the SmartVault for future reference.

Previous orders have not been uploaded to the system, but if you wish to have an account created, let me know - just send an email to Michael.Bernardo@factoryprotect.com and attach your signed PDF contract and I will get your account created and upload your document.

The system is one-sided, which means I’ll need to upload the documents on my end, but once the account is created, you’ll have full access to it, along with all terms/conditions.

The direct link is here: https://factoryprotect.smartvault.com/

It is also linked in the Navigation Menu on our homepage here: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com

Cheers to you all for the tremendous support and referrals!
Old 05-04-2023, 09:57 AM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

@SteingoldVolvoCars Great work Michael. And in case Rennlisters aren't aware, you do provide coverage for vehicles other than Porsches, right?
SteingoldVolvoCars (05-04-2023)
Old 05-04-2023, 10:01 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by lml999
@SteingoldVolvoCars Great work Michael. And in case Rennlisters aren't aware, you do provide coverage for vehicles other than Porsches, right?
Of course - we setup Fidelity coverage for any make/model that is eligible
Old 05-05-2023, 05:56 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey all - just a note to update everyone on the newest addition to our site / we’ve created a SmartVault Client Portal that will store your Fidelity contracts that are purchased through us at FactoryProtect.com - from this point forward, we’ll be sending an account invitation with all orders and your contract will be stored in the cloud for easy access.

We’ll still be emailing your contract and sending a printed version via USPS, but from this point forward, it will also be available through the SmartVault for future reference.

Previous orders have not been uploaded to the system, but if you wish to have an account created, let me know - just send an email to Michael.Bernardo@factoryprotect.com and attach your signed PDF contract and I will get your account created and upload your document.

The system is one-sided, which means I’ll need to upload the documents on my end, but once the account is created, you’ll have full access to it, along with all terms/conditions.

The direct link is here: https://factoryprotect.smartvault.com/

It is also linked in the Navigation Menu on our homepage here: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com

UPDATE: We have updated our SmartVault system to now include a Client Uploads folder, which will allow customers to upload, edit and delete documents, preferably previously purchased plans. Even if it's from another seller, you can still have access to this folder. It's a simple way to keep your files stored for future reference. If you'd like to get setup with an account, send an email to michael.bernardo@factoryprotect.com with your first and last name, and i'll get your account invitation sent!
Old 05-08-2023, 01:30 PM
hlee96
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 124 Posts

What do Rennlisters recommend as deductible? $0/100/250/500?
There is quite a change in plan prices dependent on the deductible one chooses.
IE: Such as one would need to have >10 repairs in order to make up for the change in plan costs between $250/500 deductible pages in the gold level.

Any advice?
Old 05-08-2023, 02:24 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hlee96
IE: Such as one would need to have >10 repairs in order to make up for the change in plan costs between $250/500 deductible pages in the gold level.

Any advice?
I go with the maximum deductible, the difference on my Fidelity Platinum contract is 8 additional claims over four years. Oh, and by the way, my mechanic was able to bundle two separate repairs under a single deductible, so maybe it's per *claim* rather than individual repairs...
hlee96 (05-08-2023)
Old 05-08-2023, 07:56 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 415 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by hlee96

Any advice?
It all depends on the premium's you are facing, your usage of the vehicle, and the level of coverage you're looking for. Deductible is per visit, not per part.

Quick Reply: Experiences with Fidelity Extended Warranties