Sponsored By:

Part number help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 02:29 PM
drdantheman1
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Part number help please

Does anyone know where I could find the correct screw that holds up the passenger lower foot well cover? (The one you need to remove to gain access to the cabin air filter). I've tried searching diagrams but with no look finding that piece. Had the CS in to the dealer to fix a clogged AC drain and they forget to put the screw back in, so the cover flops around.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:14 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,143 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by drdantheman1
Does anyone know where I could find the correct screw that holds up the passenger lower foot well cover? (The one you need to remove to gain access to the cabin air filter). I've tried searching diagrams but with no look finding that piece. Had the CS in to the dealer to fix a clogged AC drain and they forget to put the screw back in, so the cover flops around.
The cover originally snapped in place without any screw. If it flops around - the latch on it has been broken - common failure, which is why Porsche also has the option to use a screw. Since the screw wasn't part of the original construction of the car there probably isn't a PN. It's a small self-tapping screw. The 955 series didn't have a latch - it only had a screw so perhaps looking at the parts listings for a 955 Cayenne might be productive. Personally, if it was me, I'd go look in that drawer of small self-tap screws I keep in the garage until I found one that just fit through the hole in the cover, and that had a pointy end. I don't feel the need to keep the CTT 100% Porsche stock. OR - I'd just buy a new cover - which will have an intact catch on it - no screw needed. What could that possibly cost?

Last edited by deilenberger; 06-17-2021 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:05 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 344 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Personally, if it was me, I'd go look in that drawer of small self-tap screws I keep in the garage until I found one that just fit through the hole in the cover, and that had a pointy end. I don't feel the need to keep the CTT 100% Porsche stock. OR - I'd just buy a new cover - which will have an intact catch on it - no screw needed. What could that possibly cost?
In 50 years that'll cost you 5 points at concourse.
The following users liked this post:
deilenberger (06-19-2021)
Old 06-18-2021, 07:10 PM
drdantheman1
Rennlist Member

I wish I had a drawer full of different self tap screws… or a workspace in general. Live in a condo, have a regular parking spot. I’ll pay someone to send me a torx screw from THEIR spare screw drawer if it works in the same location!
Old 06-18-2021, 10:19 PM
Trio
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by drdantheman1
Not sure I follow. If the dealer f'd it up during service, why not have them fix it?
The following users liked this post:
deilenberger (06-19-2021)
Old 06-19-2021, 08:45 AM
drdantheman1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Trio
Not sure I follow. If the dealer f'd it up during service, why not have them fix it?
The dealer is about an hour north of me and I don't have time during the week to make the trip, especially for just a single screw. It'll most likely have to wait until the next service or major warranty repair before I bring it back to them.

Quick Reply: Part number help please