2011 Turbo, strange bluetooth and memory problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 07:40 AM
jsoderbe
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Turbo, strange bluetooth and memory problem

Hi,

I recently bought a 2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo. It is a great car, but since day 1 I have had some strange issues.

The bluetooth works great for the phone, but there is no bluetooth available for audio. The button is not even there when I press "source"! I had a 2014 before, so I know where to find it normally. My PCM is version 3.1 with firmware 2.41.

I would love to do the CarPlay upgrade, but need to understand why my bluetooth doesn't work first.

Second issue is that my memory button on the driver side don't work. I had the same issue with my 2014, so I know about moving the seat all the way back and forward, but that doesnt help. The "set" button just doesnt light up! So there is no way for me to program the memory for myself, meaning I have to adjust everything every time I start the car. Very annoying. The passenger seat memory works great, though!

Any ideas? Any help with either issue would be very appreciated.

Regards,

Johan
Old 08-17-2021, 10:31 AM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 725 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by jsoderbe
Hi,

I recently bought a 2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo. It is a great car, but since day 1 I have had some strange issues.

The bluetooth works great for the phone, but there is no bluetooth available for audio. The button is not even there when I press "source"! I had a 2014 before, so I know where to find it normally. My PCM is version 3.1 with firmware 2.41.
Johan,

Please take a look at this thread. Might be helpful...
Old 08-17-2021, 11:25 AM
jsoderbe
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I read it but it is slightly different from my problem. Mostly because I don't have an USB connection anywhere, and I have a "DISC" button where there is a "MEDIA" button in the thread pics....

Can it be that I simply don't have Bluetooth Audio?

Regards,

Johan
Old 08-18-2021, 12:48 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,752 Likes on 1,646 Posts

can you post up some pictures? Also post a picture of what's inside the armrest cubby.
Old 08-18-2021, 09:44 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Thanks, I read it but it is slightly different from my problem. Mostly because I don't have an USB connection anywhere, and I have a "DISC" button where there is a "MEDIA" button in the thread pics....

Regards,

Johan
Yes-
Old 08-21-2021, 10:28 AM
WhiteTurbo958
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Regards,

Johan
Hello Johan,

I believe 2011 CTT came standard with PCM + Navigation, which means that it has Bluetooth Audio feature. I have the exact same year and model as you, and from my experience you have to have a CD put inside your PCM unit to enable your Bluetooth Audio feature. Give it a try by putting a music CD in, connect your phone via bluetooth to the PCM unit, after several seconds a message will pop up saying AUX BT is Available, and after that message popped up you can select you bluetooth audio by pressing DISC button 2 times.

Hope this helps, cheers

Ed
Old 08-23-2021, 01:15 PM
Scott C
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You need to enable BT Audio as a source. It is separate from connecting your phone. I keep mine off.

-SC
Old 08-25-2021, 02:53 PM
TV911
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi,

I would love to do the CarPlay upgrade, but need to understand why my bluetooth doesn't work first.

Second issue is that my memory button on the driver side don't work. I had the same issue with my 2014, so I know about moving the seat all the way back and forward, but that doesnt help. The "set" button just doesnt light up! So there is no way for me to program the memory for myself, meaning I have to adjust everything every time I start the car. Very annoying. The passenger seat memory works great, though!

Any ideas? Any help with either issue would be very appreciated.

Regards,

Johan
You enable Bluetooth in the Phone menu.

Quick Reply: 2011 Turbo, strange bluetooth and memory problem