Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Start-stop >>> forgetaboutit

Spoiler

Old 08-31-2021, 05:34 AM
robtr8
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

On the Jag we just disconnect the S/S button from the voltage stabilizer. Seems to be an off the shelf Bosch part. Wonder if the 958 has one.
Old 08-31-2021, 09:41 AM
DeusExMaxima
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts

My auto stop start stopped working on its own. No complaints from me!
The following users liked this post:
2015CayenneS (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 10:55 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
My auto stop start stopped working on its own. No complaints from me!
This could be an indicator of your battery condition. There's a number of things the S/S feature uses to determine if it should activate or not and I believe battery voltage is one of them. As in, don't leave you stranded stopping the engine if it senses it wouldn't have enough power to start it again. But I don't know this for certain.

As others have indicated, up a certain point the start/stop option used to be selectable on the MFD. But as of my 2017 GTS it's a feature that cannot be disabled (emissions reduction being the factor). The only way to change the default behavior is to add an in-line module under the center console that remembers the settings. I have this installed in my '17 GTS and it works perfectly. It's invisible to the rest of the vehicle systems, so it won't interfere with anything the dealer might need to do using the PIWIS diagnostic system.

It functions by mimicking the way the console buttons are pressed. It listens for the presses and remember the last settings made, and waits a few seconds after the vehicle is started to re-send those button presses.
Old 08-31-2021, 11:43 AM
BrendonSF
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 65 Posts

I use the T9 memory module to remember the start-stop button setting. Works great, and install was pretty easy: https://t-design9.com/memory_module_...8_install.html
Old 09-01-2021, 04:50 AM
DeusExMaxima
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by wkearney99
This could be an indicator of your battery condition. There's a number of things the S/S feature uses to determine if it should activate or not and I believe battery voltage is one of them. As in, don't leave you stranded stopping the engine if it senses it wouldn't have enough power to start it again. But I don't know this for certain.

As others have indicated, up a certain point the start/stop option used to be selectable on the MFD. But as of my 2017 GTS it's a feature that cannot be disabled (emissions reduction being the factor). The only way to change the default behavior is to add an in-line module under the center console that remembers the settings. I have this installed in my '17 GTS and it works perfectly. It's invisible to the rest of the vehicle systems, so it won't interfere with anything the dealer might need to do using the PIWIS diagnostic system.

It functions by mimicking the way the console buttons are pressed. It listens for the presses and remember the last settings made, and waits a few seconds after the vehicle is started to re-send those button presses.
My understanding is the same as yours....the battery voltage has to be at a certain level. What is puzzling is that the battery seems just fine. The starter turns rapidly. Voltage seems fine too. I prefer thst it work though. My LCA doesn't work either.
Old 09-07-2021, 04:00 PM
Nhirsch
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2015CayenneS
2015 Cayenne S here, anyone know how to disable the auto start/ stop feature on this vehicle besides manually pressing the dash auto start button every time?

I mean, really. I start it up sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. 350 days of the year. That's 1,050 times a year and over 5,000 times over a 5 year period.

When I owned a 2019 Jeep Cherokee there was a cable that I discovered behind the battery that when disconnected it permanently disabled the annoying start / stop feature and never had to press the dash button ever again.

Was wondering if there was a workaround for the Porsche Cayenne as well.. Thanks for any feedback. YouTube was of little help.
That's why the key is for left hand so you can use your right to disable that switch What about saving the driver settings on the driver door? I believe my 2012 Turbo keeps the last setting the switch was in.
Old 09-07-2021, 04:18 PM
2015CayenneS
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nhirsch
That's why the key is for left hand so you can use your right to disable that switch What about saving the driver settings on the driver door? I believe my 2012 Turbo keeps the last setting the switch was in.
I do save the driver settings on the door all the time but it does not save the auto start/stop setting. I have found nothing that works so far short of disabling it manually
Old 08-16-2022, 07:55 PM
BBGun987
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
My understanding is the same as yours....the battery voltage has to be at a certain level. What is puzzling is that the battery seems just fine. The starter turns rapidly. Voltage seems fine too. I prefer thst it work though. My LCA doesn't work either.
Any update of this? I was seeing the 'start stop system disabled' message over the weekend. Battery seems fine. Dealer can't see it for a week or so. Checked codes with POR II, ran diagnostics. Nothing.

Quick Reply: Auto start stop Deactivation