Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Paging (patient) Diesel Hunters...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 04:04 PM
Chris Barracuda
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Arrow Paging (patient) Diesel Hunters...

Semi-spammy content ahead, but seeing how often people post "looking for CD", I thought I'd put this out there a few months ahead of putting it officially up...in case someone runs across this while they're on the hunt. I'll get this up into a proper marketplace post when it's officially for sale in the spring, but if someone really needs to get into something sooner, shoot me a message and we can discuss.

I picked up a CPO 2014 958.1 a few months ago. I love it but I'm going to move into an older 911 project sometime this year, and will be letting the CD go. This car will be at the top end of the 958.1 CD market (will be priced based on market at the point of listing, and will start with a '5', including both sets of wheels and the rack/box/etc) but if the specifics of the build work for you, including the CPO, I think it makes sense. Lots of low-spec CD's out there in the $35-45K range..this is for someone who wants it nice and wants the CPO. And if you're a skier, the car is really dialed in for your use.

The car is CPO through Oct 2023, clean carfax, clean title, service current and maintained properly at dealer from delivery on.
51K miles as of today.

Build is:
N4 Dark blue metallic
VA Natural leather interior in Espresso
PU3 Premium Package Plus
1D6 Trailer Hitch
5W1 Roof rails
1N3 Power Steering Plus
CKO 21" sport edition wheels with wheel arch extension
2ZH heated steering wheel
PE5 14-ways with memory package
5MG Walnut interior package
6Q7 Gear selector in aluminum
9VJ Burmester
QV8 sirius/XM

Notes on build/options:
-Car has chrome/aluminum window/rail/cargo trim, which I had professionally black-wrapped by the dealer. So you can have it blacked out, or chrome, whichever you prefer.
-Car has Thule rack system and Skiguard touring box...roughly $2K total value in the system. I would like to sell it as-is with the box.
-Car has two full sets of wheels/tires/TPMS. The 21's with new summer rubber, and (currently installed) 18" BBS 'transsyberia' style wheels, powdercoated evo grey, with black center caps and Falken wildpeak AT trails (which are awesome in the snow and the highway). I would like to sell it with both sets of wheels.
-OEM rear spacers installed w/the 18's.
-Clear sidemarkers installed.
-Major service was done prior to my purchase, next up is just oil change next fall.
-New dealer-installed battery last month (done proactively).
-Currently has eurowise baja bar installed with 4x hella black magic driving lights, but can be removed easily and tow hook covers replaced.
-Includes renntech iphone w/magsafe adapter, includes covercraft blue windscreen shade, includes cargo net divider.
-2 keys and book.

I'll get some photos added if anyone's interested - and I'll update this thread when the car goes up for sale in earnest!

If you're interested and don't want to wait, message me and we can discuss.

With Winter rubber, baja bar, hellas.

Summer rubber on 21's.

Last edited by Chris Barracuda; 01-05-2022 at 11:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
coffeeisgood (01-05-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 04:24 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 725 Likes on 515 Posts

Nice CD!

As long as this thread is heavy on photos and descriptions of mods done, and light on actual pricing, it can stay.

If it becomes an actual "for sale" posting, it will need to move to the classifieds.

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2022, 04:27 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 725 Likes on 515 Posts

...and I'll start it off...

How did you wire the Hellas? (ie...how did you get a wire or wires through the firewall?)

What switch did you use on the dash?

What beam patterns did you use? Fog/flood/pencil?

How useful is the additional lighting?

Last edited by lml999; 01-03-2022 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2022, 04:43 PM
Chris Barracuda
Rennlist Member

^^^Sounds good - I know it's borderline but I also know we have so many folks hunting for these all the time...call it a "check out my build" post, paired with the global understanding that everything has a price...

Hellas are getting a trigger 4 wireless switch...I threw them on the baja bar to check fitment etc, and now I'm waiting for my wiring install appointment (I can turn a wrench but I don't trust myself with wiring), so I'll let you know once that's done! I set them up with two floods two amber fogs.
Old 01-03-2022, 05:08 PM
metelhead
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cbarr76
^^^Sounds good - I know it's borderline but I also know we have so many folks hunting for these all the time...call it a "check out my build" post, paired with the global understanding that everything has a price...

Hellas are getting a trigger 4 wireless switch...I threw them on the baja bar to check fitment etc, and now I'm waiting for my wiring install appointment (I can turn a wrench but I don't trust myself with wiring), so I'll let you know once that's done! I set them up with two floods two amber fogs.
Nice ride, dig the adds you did, especially the roof rails- didn't know that could be done...never been a fan of the chrome, especially for a porsche. The burmaster is a rare add too! CPO is added value for sure too. Where are you located?
Old 01-03-2022, 05:19 PM
Chris Barracuda
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by metelhead
Nice ride, dig the adds you did, especially the roof rails- didn't know that could be done...never been a fan of the chrome, especially for a porsche. The burmaster is a rare add too! CPO is added value for sure too. Where are you located?
Thanks! The rails are stock and chrome, the dealer had their shop wrap them. I did them matte. Looks good with all the rack parts also being matte black.

And yeah, the Burmester is amazing. It took me a couple of weeks (coming out of a land rover meridian system) to get accustomed to actually hearing the music correctly - the separation etc. Probably spoiled now.

I'm in the SF bay area.

Old 01-03-2022, 05:21 PM
lightemup67
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Does the baja bar mount to the tow hook mounts?! Love the setup.
Old 01-03-2022, 05:25 PM
Chris Barracuda
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lightemup67
Does the baja bar mount to the tow hook mounts?! Love the setup.

Yep. Super slick.

Eurowise did a great job with it. 5 minute install, totally reversible, and bomber.
Old 01-03-2022, 10:16 PM
lightemup67
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

That’s awesome, how did you work around the parking sensors? Is there a way to still use those?
Old 01-03-2022, 11:14 PM
981vc
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful CD! Do you have pictures of the interior you can share with us please?
Old 01-04-2022, 07:03 AM
cwheeler
Three Wheelin'

Received 372 Likes on 268 Posts

No air?! Top pricing 😂?

Beautiful CD. I really like that blue.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:33 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 162 Posts

I'm not a big fan of blue, but I like that blue quite a bit.
Old 01-04-2022, 10:54 AM
Chris Barracuda
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lightemup67
That’s awesome, how did you work around the parking sensors? Is there a way to still use those?
The front center are inoperative w/the baja bar. The front sides, and the rear, still work but the front ones set off the audio beep the whole time. If I'm in a situation where I really need the sensors I just live with the constant beep for those few seconds, otherwise I mute the sensors 99% of the time.

Originally Posted by 981vc
Beautiful CD! Do you have pictures of the interior you can share with us please?
Yeah, can get some interior shots done soon. The espresso natural leather is so nice.

Originally Posted by cwheeler
No air?! Top pricing 😂?

Beautiful CD. I really like that blue.
Yeah no air (so no air repairs to be dealing with in a few years...!). The air feature is cool but having had it in a handful of range rovers over the years, I would use it 1-2x per year. So for me, a well-done steel suspension is preferable.

Originally Posted by mafpolo
I'm not a big fan of blue, but I like that blue quite a bit.
Agreed! I didn't understand now nice the DBM is until having this car.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:00 PM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 69 Posts

nice blue/brown combo, well optioned
is this a 13 or 14? (minor question lol)
but I would like to see some pics of these
18" BBS 'transsyberia' style wheels, powdercoated evo grey, with black center caps and Falken wildpeak AT trails
Old 01-05-2022, 08:06 AM
yetti96
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Wow! Makes me want to get $15k less for my 2015 CPO and just let the next person enjoy it and I will find something else.

Quick Reply: Paging (patient) Diesel Hunters...