Sponsored By:

RPM related ticking sound behind Tachometer

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 11:06 PM
incorigeable
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RPM related ticking sound behind Tachometer

Throwing this out there to see if anyone has faced this issue. There is a slightly annoying ticking sound that seems to emanate from behind the driver console - perhaps the tachometer - that appears between 2500 and 3500 RPM. Disappears above 3500. To me it almost sounds like a fan blade slightly out of alignment brushing against its housing. Only on acceleration. It's not really a huge deal but definitely noticeable. Wondering if maybe its a harmonic type issue. 2016 Turbo S. Thoughts?
Old 01-14-2022, 02:05 PM
SnowShoeBar
Track Day

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I think what you are hearing is the vacuum pump. It’s noisy.
Old 01-17-2022, 08:56 AM
Nhirsch
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe bushings broke that were holding power steering line up. It dropped down and taps against the chassis. Happened to me

Originally Posted by incorigeable
Throwing this out there to see if anyone has faced this issue. There is a slightly annoying ticking sound that seems to emanate from behind the driver console - perhaps the tachometer - that appears between 2500 and 3500 RPM. Disappears above 3500. To me it almost sounds like a fan blade slightly out of alignment brushing against its housing. Only on acceleration. It's not really a huge deal but definitely noticeable. Wondering if maybe its a harmonic type issue. 2016 Turbo S. Thoughts?

Quick Reply: RPM related ticking sound behind Tachometer