Sponsored By:

Navigation or firmware updates?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 10:08 PM
Nhirsch
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Navigation or firmware updates?

I have a 2012 Cayenne turbo that had the US navigation map and PCM software from that same date. I'm wondering if anyone has updated either the navigation map software or the PCM software since that date and was it useful?
Thanks,
--Norman
Old 01-17-2022, 10:57 PM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 69 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Nhirsch
I have a 2012 Cayenne turbo that had the US navigation map and PCM software from that same date. I'm wondering if anyone has updated either the navigation map software or the PCM software since that date and was it useful?
Thanks,
--Norman
For the PCM 3.1 Navigation, there is a 2019 map update (I don’t think there is anything newer then that & not sure there will ever be)
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU958PCMU.html
that costs around $185 USD but you also need a Porsche dealership (for a hour or so + more $$$) or someone with a PIWIS (& knowledge how to use it) to upgrade your Navi
is it useful? Meh… sounds like some people have done this map update & I would love to see a real review but sadly, nobody has posted any actually pictures or video to show any changes that I have found. Not sure why but maybe someday…

You are most likely better off spending your time & money adding one of the various CarPlay aftermarket options
One thing of note, you do not get CarPlay directions or functions in your drivers dashboard, only on the PCM

Old 01-18-2022, 12:33 AM
schernov
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Here is the firmware update

Download cd image. Burn it. And install it. YouTube has video instruction

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8739...-update-8.html

Quick Reply: Navigation or firmware updates?