Sponsored By:

Rear Underbody Shield

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2022, 10:12 PM
norcoastal
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rear Underbody Shield

After taking my 958 for a new transfer case, The dealer told that I’m missing the rear underbody shield. This leads me to some questions.

I wonder why is was removed and not replaced (rhetorical), which makes me wonder if it’s even necessary?

Because I’m a total geek and I’m obsessed with my Cayenne, I’m going to replace it, but while searching the parts, I found it but there are two versions. One with stainless and one without.

Here are pictures of the panel. I can see the stainless and I’ll probably get that one, but I wonder what the benefit of the stainless is?

Any thoughts?

Old 03-04-2022, 03:39 AM
AnAlbumCover
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 101 Posts

I can't answer your question but is that underbody shot your car? If so, I think its also missing the transfercase air deflector thingy.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...41e7a04042.jpg
Old 03-04-2022, 09:49 AM
norcoastal
Pro

Originally Posted by AnAlbumCover
I can't answer your question but is that underbody shot your car? If so, I think its also missing the transfercase air deflector thingy.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...41e7a04042.jpg
No that's not my car that I posted the picture of, that was an example of what the shield looks like from a search on Google.

Mine is missing...
Old 03-06-2022, 02:26 PM
norcoastal
Pro

I guess the underbody shield is of little importance. I think I’m getting it anyway. Was just curious if it was considered necessary.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:02 PM
Atrokz
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by norcoastal
I guess the underbody shield is of little importance. I think I’m getting it anyway. Was just curious if it was considered necessary.
It helps keep rocks and debris from getting up and there's a beautifully made (in italy too) NACA duct on it. I removed mine to replace with a Eurowise skid which covers the rails as well.

Quick Reply: Rear Underbody Shield