Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne Not Beeping When I Lock It?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2022, 10:06 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 163 Posts
Default Cayenne Not Beeping When I Lock It?

I got to the office, and when I locked the car....no beep. I unlocked and locked again...still no beep. Suggestions please
Old 12-20-2022, 11:01 AM
Visualistics
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Are all your door lock actuators functioning? Somewhat common failure it seems. When the doors don't all lock, the car won't beep. Lock it and go try to open each door and if it sets the alarm, one of the door lock actuators isn't locking the door and the car thinks you broke in.

My left rear actuator is failed and the car doesn't beep at lock and if I try to open that door when the car is "locked", the alarm goes off.
The following users liked this post:
Needsdecaf (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 11:51 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,540 Likes on 1,582 Posts

Originally Posted by Visualistics
Are all your door lock actuators functioning? Somewhat common failure it seems. When the doors don't all lock, the car won't beep. Lock it and go try to open each door and if it sets the alarm, one of the door lock actuators isn't locking the door and the car thinks you broke in.

My left rear actuator is failed and the car doesn't beep at lock and if I try to open that door when the car is "locked", the alarm goes off.
Yup, this is your problem. Not beeping means that something is not locking. And why is it always this door? That was the one that failed on mine and it was the same for multiple others in several threads on here. Very strange. It's ALWAYS this door.

Wasn't cheap...$900 in parts and labor an an indy. But I just did it this summer and it fixed the problem.
Old 12-20-2022, 02:46 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the input. Strange....now it's working again. I opened the rear hatch, pressed the close button with the lock mode.....chirped. Them I opened and locked the right rear and right front door.....chirped. Who knows.
Old 12-20-2022, 04:35 PM
Visualistics
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

It's possible you freed it up a bit (maybe temperature change?) and allowed it to work again temporarily, and some people have tried to lubricate the mechanism I believe too, with limited return to operability, but yeah it's probably on it's way out.

I have the parts in my shop to do it myself, but it seems like sort of a PITA so I'm procrastinating it. I'd let 'er buck until it really dies. Depends where the vehicle lives too. If you don't mind one of your doors being unlocked all the time, you could procrastinate it like I am.
Old 12-20-2022, 05:00 PM
HETPE3B
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

I just replaced the rear left actuator few days ago. Actually pretty easy job. If you have the parts and it's not pouring rain - go for it. Shouldn't take more than an hour. Took me 15 minutes to figure out how to free up the electric sunshade. As it turns out - solution is super simple: disconnect all the connectors from the door panel and keep lifting the panel UP (probably more than a foot) to free up the rod that is pushing the shade. In other words - you are removing the door panel with a shade WITH THE ROD ATTACHED! Do NOT disconnect the rod from the actual shade like some Youtube videos advice to do.
The following 3 users liked this post by HETPE3B:
CAVU (12-21-2022), gutenfreibier (12-21-2022), Visualistics (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 10:35 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

OP, Same issue. Intermittent works nor workee. Next time it does not chirp, try and open each passenger door. My rear right opened and the alarm sounded. We have a winner.
Old 12-21-2022, 11:01 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,759 Likes on 1,649 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Yup, this is your problem. Not beeping means that something is not locking. And why is it always this door? That was the one that failed on mine and it was the same for multiple others in several threads on here. Very strange. It's ALWAYS this door.

Wasn't cheap...$900 in parts and labor an an indy. But I just did it this summer and it fixed the problem.
Mine too was the left rear door. HA! About $127 for the part.
Old 12-21-2022, 11:12 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,373 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by HETPE3B
I just replaced the rear left actuator few days ago. Actually pretty easy job. If you have the parts and it's not pouring rain - go for it. Shouldn't take more than an hour. Took me 15 minutes to figure out how to free up the electric sunshade. As it turns out - solution is super simple: disconnect all the connectors from the door panel and keep lifting the panel UP (probably more than a foot) to free up the rod that is pushing the shade. In other words - you are removing the door panel with a shade WITH THE ROD ATTACHED! Do NOT disconnect the rod from the actual shade like some Youtube videos advice to do.
any other tips as it seems you have found this to be easier than most.

My cayenne doesn't want to unlock the rear driver's side door, which I guess is the better version of the problem to have, but still annoying. If its fairly easy, I'll just knock it out now.

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2022, 12:46 PM
auzivision
Drifting

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by mafpolo
Thanks for the input. Strange....now it's working again. I opened the rear hatch, pressed the close button with the lock mode.....chirped. Them I opened and locked the right rear and right front door.....chirped. Who knows.
At first, mine was intermittent until it wasn't. In my case, it was the passenger rear door actuator, and about $650 to replace. My guess is eventually this will happen more often.
Old 12-27-2022, 05:34 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

CD went in for an intermediate service. I told the SA about it. They looked and said "no issue." He asked if I accidentally didn't completely close one of the doors (I had closed mine and then opened the back one to get my briefcase and then closed it). It hasn't done it again since the day I posted.
Old 12-27-2022, 06:33 PM
11bravo
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HETPE3B
My 2011 CS right rear door does not lock. I looked up directions on here, and one said you have to remove the door frame and the window...did you have to that? I do not have sunshades option. If you did not have to remove the frame and window, where can I find the instructions you used?

thank you!
Old 12-27-2022, 08:37 PM
Mtea
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

If I recall correctly, there is a “pet” locking function that happens when you push the button a second time within a second or two and when I did it, the beep beep didn’t happen. Apparently lit turns down or off the sensor for the car shaking to set off the alarm when a pet is left in the car.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Not Beeping When I Lock It?