Sponsored By:

Another new 2015 CD Owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2023, 02:54 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,540 Likes on 1,582 Posts

Your numbers are good but the water temp is a dummy meter unfortunately. Once it warms up it never moves.
Old 02-19-2023, 03:11 PM
RS-America
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 100 Posts

Congrats on your CD!
We have 137k miles on ours - from the frozen Arctic Ocean at Tuktoyaktuk to the hot Chihuahuan Desert. Best mod we have done is getting a full coverage Xpel self healing protective wrap.

The following users liked this post:
Needsdecaf (02-20-2023)
Old 02-19-2023, 03:38 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 145 Posts

RS, been following your adventures. Pretty cool stuff. My CD has Xpel on all the front facing surfaces and the entire hood. Nice stuff.
Old 02-20-2023, 12:17 PM
reneeweiss
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

When the air temperature is higher you will see the oil temperature go up higher than what you are seeing now. The fuel pressure fluctuates with load and when you start the car from cold it will be higher as will the idle until it reaches oil temp. If you have had the diesel gate fix done you will notice that the car will stay in 3rd gear much longer until the temperature comes to normal if you are driving around town. I always short shift out of 3rd to keep the rpms down. I suspect that Porsche wants the motor to heat up quicker to make the pollution controls more efficient sooner therefore it runs at higher rpms by staying in 3rd. Staying in the 70-75 range I get 35 to 37 mpg.
Old 02-20-2023, 07:42 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by reneeweiss
When the air temperature is higher you will see the oil temperature go up higher than what you are seeing now. The fuel pressure fluctuates with load and when you start the car from cold it will be higher as will the idle until it reaches oil temp. If you have had the diesel gate fix done you will notice that the car will stay in 3rd gear much longer until the temperature comes to normal if you are driving around town. I always short shift out of 3rd to keep the rpms down. I suspect that Porsche wants the motor to heat up quicker to make the pollution controls more efficient sooner therefore it runs at higher rpms by staying in 3rd. Staying in the 70-75 range I get 35 to 37 mpg.
Thanks. And yes, I did notice the 3rd gear thing on colder mornings.
Old 02-20-2023, 10:02 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Had ours since new now 93000 miles later on the 2015 CD and still love it . Ours is somewhat rare as I ordered it with ceramic brakes and what a difference not only in braking but the lighter unsprung weight really improves already good handling
Old 02-21-2023, 01:46 AM
reneeweiss
Rennlist Member

You should make sure the diesel fuel you are using is 'winterized' I always add Power Service anti gel to my fuel since where I live it is fairly warm and the diesel is not winterized. If I go to the mts. where it is cold under 35 degrees the fuel will gel and the car will not run. I got a fuel adapter for an Audi Diesel that goes into the fuel filler and then I can pass a tube through it that is connected to a funnel to get the anti gel into the tank without spilling it. If you are in a cold climate your diesel fuel is probably 'winterized' but I do know some people in cold climates that still add and anti gel to be safe when the temps are real cold.
The following users liked this post:
KBell (02-21-2023)
Old 02-21-2023, 09:02 AM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

You should make sure the diesel fuel you are using is 'winterized' I always add Power Service anti gel to my fuel since where I live it is fairly warm and the diesel is not winterized. If I go to the mts. where it is cold under 35 degrees the fuel will gel and the car will not run. I got a fuel adapter for an Audi Diesel that goes into the fuel filler and then I can pass a tube through it that is connected to a funnel to get the anti gel into the tank without spilling it. If you are in a cold climate your diesel fuel is probably 'winterized' but I do know some people in cold climates that still add and anti gel to be safe when the temps are real cold.
Do you have a part number for that Audi adapter?
Old 02-21-2023, 01:05 PM
reneeweiss
Rennlist Member

I'm sorry I don't have the part number- I can take a look and get back to you. I think there is one for VW Toureg and one for the Cayenne. I happened to be in Chicago and went into the Audi dealer and got one I believe but that was awhile ago my Cayenne is a 2013 and I got it Dec. 2012. Here you go- took a couple seconds to find! https://blackforestindustries.com/products/audi-diesel-fuel-adapte

Here is another one with Porsch logo- the same as the Audi- https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...SABEgLgsvD_BwE
Old 02-21-2023, 05:12 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

I'm sorry I don't have the part number- I can take a look and get back to you. I think there is one for VW Toureg and one for the Cayenne. I happened to be in Chicago and went into the Audi dealer and got one I believe but that was awhile ago my Cayenne is a 2013 and I got it Dec. 2012. Here you go- took a couple seconds to find! https://blackforestindustries.com/products/audi-diesel-fuel-adapte

Here is another one with Porsch logo- the same as the Audi- https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...SABEgLgsvD_BwE
Awesome, just put one on order. Thanks !!
Old 02-21-2023, 07:49 PM
reneeweiss
Rennlist Member

I keep mine in the plastic container it comes in and then put it in a quart, wide mouth mason jar in because the anti gel stuff stinks! Easier than cleaning it each time with carb/brake cleaner- even then it stinks. You will find that it is pretty easy to pass a plastic tube through the device and attach to a funnel, that way you can get a good angle to pour it in. Without the devise a plastic tube gets caught on the 'door' that seals the opening where you put a fuel nozzle. I also wear some latex gloves to keep the stuff off my hands. I have a hunch that it may take out water too but I'm not sure. Most people I talk with claim they have never seen water in the fuel filter on Porsche, Audi of VW diesels.
Old 02-21-2023, 09:39 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

You should have one in your tool kit in the spare tire tub already. No need to order one. It's actually for if the diesel pump has the wrong size nozzle to enable you to get fuel. I've had to use it for that purpose once, in ID.
Old 02-21-2023, 11:03 PM
reneeweiss
Rennlist Member

I've never found one in my spare tub, just the socket for the locking lug nuts.
Old 02-23-2023, 08:22 PM
Mtea
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

@reneeweiss I live in a cold winter climate where the diesel is winterized, but I was driving to a frigid climate in Montana so I tried the Power Service anit-gel. It started fine but I had an check engine emission light come on twice which was a P20EE00 DeNox efficiency too low. I cleared the codes and kept going. The Power Service was a pain to measure and pour so I switched to Hot Shot’s Secret Anit-Gel which performed well in a couple tests I saw. The bonus is that it comes in a squeeze to measure bottle so it was super easy. No funnel, just squeeze and pour. Used Hot Shot’s on the next trip when it was -10 F in the morning and it started right up. No check engine lights either. Hot Shot’s for me from now on.

Old 02-23-2023, 09:01 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

I have used both of those, but I do use Hot Shot in my more modern diesels. I save the Power Service for my old truck and VW.

Quick Reply: Another new 2015 CD Owner