Best scan tool to reset EPB service mode

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2023, 06:07 PM
BlueJay73
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Best scan tool to reset EPB service mode

2013 Cayenne S
I made the mistake of replacing the rear rotors (which contain the drum brake shoes for the electronic parking brake). Now I have to set the drum brake pads, bed the pads into the new rotor, and get the heck out of EPB Service Mode.
I have an ICarSoft CR Pro which does have a EPB service mode, but I am having trouble with it. It is very glitchy, will not reset the EPB after many attempts. I emailed their technical support and have not gotten a response.
Does anyone know of a good scan tool for our gen. Cayenne S, that will reset the EPB, as well as other functions like cycling the ABS pumps for a complete brake flush?
I do not want another ICarSoft tool.
Thanks.
Old 08-03-2023, 09:11 PM
fourthirteen
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

See if this thread helps. My post in it of 4/1/23 explains how I did it with my Launch X431 so it may similar to the Icarsoft.

EPB Service Mode

Last edited by fourthirteen; 08-03-2023 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-03-2023, 11:22 PM
Tappet
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Bluejay, you have to follow all the EPB service items, in order, top to bottom on the iCarSoft, don't skip any of them. The ECU makes sure you've done each step in order. Here's what I did.

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post18325789

Old 08-04-2023, 08:47 AM
BlueJay73
Rennlist Member

Thanks. I had searched all the articles I could find and watched all the videos. I know what to do, and I follow all the steps in order, without skipping any steps. I successfully set the air gaps, but then my ICarSoft CR Pro hangs up at the grinding in stage. When I drive the car the way it tells me to, the tool says "vehicle start not detected." I must have tried 30 times; always the same thing; "vehicle start not detected." The tool will not let me get past this step. Buying a new scan tool will cost less than taking it to my local Porsche dealer, who cut you no favors. I just want to know which scan tool will successfully do this job before I buy it, because the one I bought doesn't do it., and they have not responded to my emailed support question.
The IScan, Autel, and Launch X-431 tools are candidates. The Durametric tool has gotten good general recommendations for other jobs. I wanted to see if anyone has used any of these successfully to do the EPB job.
Old 08-04-2023, 08:53 AM
BlueJay73
Rennlist Member

fourthirteen's experience with the Launch X-431 seems like it successfully completed the job. I might get that. But since the other tool I bought didn't do the job, it's "once bitten, twice shy."

Quick Reply: Best scan tool to reset EPB service mode