Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

CarPlay NMAutomotive - Switch between PCM and CarPlay via diamond button?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2024, 06:14 AM
afriedrich
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Default CarPlay NMAutomotive - Switch between PCM and CarPlay via diamond button?

After 3,5 years my Apple CarPlay by NMAutomotive main unit failed. Nick from NMAutomotive was so kind to sell me a new replacement unit for a fair and discounted price. Thanks again for excellent service.
I installed the replacement unit and all is up and running again but I lost the option to switch between PCM and CarPlay with the diamond button on the steering wheel.

Does anybody here recall how to enable this, switching between PCM and CarPlay via diamond button (diamond button was set PCM Navi), as I forgot it?

The Rennlist user Bolen was mentioning Carplay/PCM switching via diamond button as well, but the search did not yield any results....

Old 03-16-2024, 11:12 AM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I do not have that particular brand add-on for carplay, but on my 2016 Cayenne S, I press the "INFO" button for 2-3 seconds, then the option appears.

Hope that works for you.
The following users liked this post:
steinec (03-20-2024)
Old 03-16-2024, 12:23 PM
afriedrich
Instructor

Originally Posted by LouZ
I do not have that particular brand add-on for carplay, but on my 2016 Cayenne S, I press the "INFO" button for 2-3 seconds, then the option appears.

Hope that works for you.
Yes, that is the standard method according to the manual to switch between Carplay module and PCM, but no option I do find allows remapping.
Yet there is a trick to use the diamond button on the steering wheel (which has to be set to maps in the instrument cluster settings) to switch between PCM and CarPlay module.
This was my old set up, swing rapidly between CarPlay and the PCM with the steering wheel diamond button…?

Last edited by afriedrich; 03-16-2024 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-19-2024, 05:02 AM
afriedrich
Instructor

Nick (NMAutomotive) got back to me on how to enable this, so my question is answered:

"It’s the 360 View option from the settings menu; it was designed to allow the diamond button to switch out to SurroundView, but essentially it can be used for a switch in and out of CarPlay."

Quick Reply: CarPlay NMAutomotive - Switch between PCM and CarPlay via diamond button?