GTA Car Kits - Cayenne 2013 - experiencing Battery Drain issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 06:02 PM
Tigshugs
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question GTA Car Kits - Cayenne 2013 - experiencing Battery Drain issue

Hello everyone,

I drive a 2013 Porsche Cayenne, and recently I had a new addition installed in my car that has been quite exciting - Carplay functionality with the PCM. However, along with this upgrade, I've encountered a frustrating battery drain issue since installing the GTA Kit. Initially, I suspected my battery was simply old and needed replacing. Even after installing a new battery, I continued to receive battery protection warnings if I hadn't driven my car for two days. This was perplexing, as I had never encountered this issue before.

Upon troubleshooting with my mechanic, we confirmed that the GTA kit was indeed the cause of the drain. Although the kit functions properly, leaving my car unused for more than 48 hours triggers battery protection warnings and voltage protection on the radio screen.

After disabling the GTA kit, my car functioned normally, starting up without any warnings even after sitting for over a week. Seeking assistance, I reached out to GTA Car Kits to resolve the issue, but their response has been consistently unhelpful. They suggested that OBD reader notifications may appear due to extra components in the electrical system, but insisted that the battery wasn't actually draining. Their proposed solution was to reinstall the kit, which we did, only to find the battery drain issue persisting.

During our troubleshooting process, we observed a consistent 1 amp draw every 4-5 hours when the GTA component was installed. To further investigate, we connected the car to a scope in movie mode to monitor the amperage draw overnight. Disconnecting the GTA Kit from the PCM Module and testing for two days resulted in no "wake-up" episodes, suggesting a direct correlation between the GTA component and the battery drain.

Despite sharing photos and details with GTA Car Kits, I'm still awaiting a response from them. Now, with this background explained, I'm reaching out to the community for assistance.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with the GTA kit? Alternatively, can anyone recommend a similar product that has worked flawlessly with their Porsche? Based on the described situation, does anyone have insights into why this might be happening and how to resolve it?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Old 04-03-2024, 09:10 PM
ShdwFx
Rennlist Member

Received 218 Likes on 158 Posts

I can vouch for the Mr 12Volt product (multiple threads on this). I've been using it with CarPlay for about a year now with no issues and no abnormal behavior from the battery. My 2011 S has Sirius XM along with Burmester and the product works great with both of those. You can reach out to Roman ACS here on Rennlist who can help get you sorted if you're interested in switching.

Quick Reply: GTA Car Kits - Cayenne 2013 - experiencing Battery Drain issue