Sponsored By:

'11 Cayenne s hybrid problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 06:35 PM
dr_alex
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '11 Cayenne s hybrid problem

i often get the "hybrid system fault" with or without check engine message when the car tries to shut down the engine and enter in hybrid mode
p309d00 Separating clutch actuator, insufficient slip with open clutch
that is the error that appears in a tester
any idea what is the cause ?
Old 06-23-2016, 05:38 PM
aliguori
3rd Gear

Before you get the error message, do you notice rough shifting in 5th and 8th gear? I had the same error codes while driving on the highway through the mountains.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:12 PM
dr_alex
3rd Gear

The shifting is ok, the problem appears when i drive the car in a sporty way
Old 02-22-2017, 06:43 AM
beanlato1986
1st Gear

Default Clutch slip actuator fault

Hi I know your post was a while ago but just wondered if you manage to get anywhere with your fault I have the same issue exactly the same fault code can't seem to find out anything about it
Old 02-22-2017, 03:24 PM
dr_alex
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by beanlato1986
Hi I know your post was a while ago but just wondered if you manage to get anywhere with your fault I have the same issue exactly the same fault code can't seem to find out anything about it
No, same problem remained after i changed the spark plugs and cleaned the secondary air system. Seems that the problem is the actuator from the hybrid clutch
Old 07-12-2017, 03:44 PM
healthyspeed
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cayenne hybrid fault dashboard

Hi everyone,

I have a 2012 Cayenne S Hybrid with less than 12,000 miles on it. However when I drive the vehicle hard for about 15min, a warning sign in yellow shows up on the dash "Fault Hybrid System". The car continues to run without the battery assist and the fault disappears after a cooling down period, mostly after restarting the vehicle after some minutes.

Anyone experience this? what is the resolution?

Thanks
Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2019, 05:32 AM
oldguy99
5th Gear

Originally Posted by healthyspeed
Hi everyone,

I have a 2012 Cayenne S Hybrid with less than 12,000 miles on it. However when I drive the vehicle hard for about 15min, a warning sign in yellow shows up on the dash "Fault Hybrid System". The car continues to run without the battery assist and the fault disappears after a cooling down period, mostly after restarting the vehicle after some minutes.

Anyone experience this? what is the resolution?

Thanks
Hi,

Did you ever figure out what was causing the hybrid fault? I have the same message on my panamera.

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2019, 06:44 PM
cfglass
2nd Gear

Default Hybrid Fault Resolution?

Originally Posted by dr_alex
No, same problem remained after i changed the spark plugs and cleaned the secondary air system. Seems that the problem is the actuator from the hybrid clutch
Hi - did this ever get resolved?

We have a 2012 that has the same problem. Dealer says we we need a new hybrid clutch actuator but that he cannot get the part. Contacted PCNA and they referred me back to the dealer, who is not returning phone calls.

At present, it appears our only option is to get rid of the Cayenne and purchase something non-Porsche.

Disappointing, to say the least.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:51 PM
grandmotors phil
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've found the problem and solution to the aging problems with all the cayenne s separating clutch actuator issues.
I am a shop in Montreal Canada, with speciality in euro, had a cayenne in for a no start and message (generator fault)
did my level 1 test and saw that the no start issues is due to the clutch actuator was stuck open due to a broken pressure hose from the actuator to the clutch slave actuator..
replace line; bleed system, and perform relearn. system functioning back to normal.

NOTE: for some vehicle that has a worn clutch vehicle will drive in hybrid mode but shudder and jerks in engine power mode., a feeling as if the transmission is low on fluid, the signs is a hint the separating clutch assy, has to be replace.
nice job, engine has to be pulled.
good luck.
phil.
The following users liked this post:
jay993 (01-24-2022)
Old 02-13-2019, 06:30 PM
cfglass
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by grandmotors phil
I've found the problem and solution to the aging problems with all the cayenne s separating clutch actuator issues.
I am a shop in Montreal Canada, with speciality in euro, had a cayenne in for a no start and message (generator fault)
did my level 1 test and saw that the no start issues is due to the clutch actuator was stuck open due to a broken pressure hose from the actuator to the clutch slave actuator..
replace line; bleed system, and perform relearn. system functioning back to normal.

NOTE: for some vehicle that has a worn clutch vehicle will drive in hybrid mode but shudder and jerks in engine power mode., a feeling as if the transmission is low on fluid, the signs is a hint the separating clutch assy, has to be replace.
nice job, engine has to be pulled.
good luck.
phil.
Phil - thanks for the information. Pulling the engine doesn't sound like much fun, but at least there appears to be a fix. My concern was that no remedy was available at any cost.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:26 AM
foggysf-Porsche
3rd Gear

Just experienced the “Hybrid System Fault” First the vehicle won’t even start, after 20 mins, the hybrid error message disappeared but the CEL stayed on. My 2017 was towed to the dealership where they said, after checking with the district Porsche rep., that I need to keep at least some charge in the battery. Having it at 0% would cause this error. I’ll try this method and see if the error message comes back.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:08 PM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

The hybrid warning light is like light a check engine light. There are hundreds of reasons it can come on. Seeing as the OP has faults for the separating clutch, I would start with flushing, bleeding, and recalibrating the separating clutch as a start. It is supposed to be flushed every two years long with the brake fluid. Most likely you will need a PIWIS III to do this but it may be possible with a good knock off.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:28 AM
Hawk49
6th Gear

Hi Phil,
I have this same Hybrid fault message and I am driving my car in Phnom Pehn Cambodia! Would I be able to buy a Used or if not new Separating clutch and/or actuator in Canada or the USA?
My Car starts fine and drives ok however i do feel that shudder through the gears at times.
I'm wondering if a good separating clutch and actuator clean, service and hose replacement might fix the issue.
What is likely to happen if I do nothing?? will the car drive in Petrol mode only and the Hybrid system will be redundant or will major issues be caused?
thanks in advance
Mike
Old 03-18-2021, 01:46 PM
wahala
Cruisin'

Hi,

I am in the process of buying the cayenne s hybrid and it has the failure light. The seller says it is the actuator so wanted to know a rough price to get this resolved if possible, wondering if any one else got it fixed and replaced.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: '11 Cayenne s hybrid problem