OPTION CHOICES FOR THE NEW CAYENNE

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 03:11 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scott40
How?!
Not sure, but I know of a PTS yellow Cayenne in FL, and the Boardman Blue TT w/ matching 911 at PECATL, then MMC.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:49 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tedb
Just ordered a Cayenne (base) today which will be my wife's.

I was, and still am torn on the insulated windows.....right now they are not on the build sheet. No brake upgrades, no other suspension upgrades. Living in So. California, really wondering
if the insulated windows would help on both heat and noise reduction......this may be the only item that gets added prior to build time.
I live in central Florida and ordered the thermal glass because I think the cabin will get hot with the panoramic roof. My SA told me it will lower the cabin temperature by 2 to 3 degrees. He recommends it.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:52 PM
porscherex
Pro

Originally Posted by Andial
Not sure, but I know of a PTS yellow Cayenne in FL, and the Boardman Blue TT w/ matching 911 at PECATL, then MMC.
There is a PTS yellow Cayenne Turbo in my town. I will ask my SA about PTS for Cayennes. He will know the history of this Cayenne.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:16 PM
cparkin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is not PTS on Cayenne for the foreseeable future. The PSCB are pretty interesting. They are larger than the standard brake and they feature the same 10 piston caliper that is used on the ceramic brake. Also, someone earlier said that PSCB are made by Bosch? They are made by Akebono, they were the company that was able to develop the pad to work with the tungsten coated rotor. The brake rotor face also becomes mirror like after break in(about 2k miles). They are grabby after 2k miles as well as the one I drove had about 2500 miles. Only unknown is replacement costs.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:22 PM
porscherex
Pro

Originally Posted by cparkin
The brake rotor face also becomes mirror like after break in(about 2k miles). They are grabby after 2k miles as well as the one I drove had about 2500 miles. Only unknown is replacement costs.
After any break in period, are ceramic brakes grabby? Do you think PSCB will perform/act like ceramic brakes?
Old 06-03-2018, 10:23 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is not PTS on Cayenne for the foreseeable future. The PSCB are pretty interesting. They are larger than the standard brake and they feature the same 10 piston caliper that is used on the ceramic brake. Also, someone earlier said that PSCB are made by Bosch? They are made by Akebono, they were the company that was able to develop the pad to work with the tungsten coated rotor. The brake rotor face also becomes mirror like after break in(about 2k miles). They are grabby after 2k miles as well as the one I drove had about 2500 miles. Only unknown is replacement costs.
Could you clarify re PTS? Also this: https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/chri...ach-14589.html
Old 06-06-2018, 09:04 AM
cparkin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Andial
Could you clarify re PTS? Also this: https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/chri...ach-14589.html
Nope, speak to your local sales advisor/exclusive rep.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:05 AM
cparkin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porscherex
After any break in period, are ceramic brakes grabby? Do you think PSCB will perform/act like ceramic brakes?
You need to go drive your options before making a decision. I know surface coated are a while off but it is a lot cheaper to make the right decision the first time.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:00 PM
uhn2000
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Just did our Cayenne Turbo order to replace the existing 2016 one. Glad to hear its a tad bigger and also added the new heated wind shield plus the much needed sports exhaust but did not tick the PDCC this time, it was really unnecessary for city driving and I was pretty much the only one that noticed it. My only worry is all the tech to distract my wife from properly driving but hopefully she is focussed, got her heads up display to watch her speed and keep more of an eye on the road :P
Old 06-22-2018, 12:35 AM
Gibbens
Intermediate

What's everyone's take on the performance options?

I was impressed by the size of the caliper and rotors on the PSCB which I saw in person earlier this week. I so far have this optioned with sport chrono ($1100 for a steering wheel **** ).

For the rest of the performance options ie- rear wheel steer, PASM, PTV+, PDCC? Any of these must haves?
Old 06-22-2018, 10:46 AM
Mastertheif
2nd Gear

I'm new here and wanted to get everyone thoughts on when they think their new Cayenne will come in. What did you SA tell you. Also any options like HUD cause delay?

I ordered my in beginning of June. Premium Plus, 21' rims, few other ones I cant remember.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:12 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 571 Posts

According to Porsche press info, the rotor is developed by Bosch and pads by Akebono, and the caliper looks exactly the same as PCCB caliper, which is Brembo.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:49 PM
porscherex
Pro

Originally Posted by Mastertheif
I'm new here and wanted to get everyone thoughts on when they think their new Cayenne will come in. What did you SA tell you. Also any options like HUD cause delay?

I ordered my in beginning of June. Premium Plus, 21' rims, few other ones I cant remember.
My base Cayenne has a delivery date of Oct 26th. My order locks sometime next week.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:37 PM
JCL59
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

per GM.. turbo delivery date 12/21
Old 06-24-2018, 04:35 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 571 Posts

My Turbo is September production (shifted from August due to option availability) but with delivery only in late December early January because import approvals are expected in December if not later.

Quick Reply: OPTION CHOICES FOR THE NEW CAYENNE