Sponsored By:

2019 Cayenne Front License Plate

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 03:11 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

What all parts does the Euro plate above require to mount it ^^^^^? Surely not all that 21, 22, 25, 24, 23, and 25.

Thanks.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:30 PM
Fly121
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Just part #21 is the european bracket.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:41 PM
Ray831
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks for the info, however, when you drill through the plastic covering is there some metal on the other side of the plastic that this mounts to? Or just the plastic? Just curious 'cause I think that the plastic would not really be secure enough.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:00 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 299 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Got my StoNSho Quick Release plate bracket

Got my StoNSho Quick Release plate bracket..

The bracket is incredibly light.. Practically no weight.. I can see why it just needs a small holding bracket..

I will wait until my license plates come in to install it..

I may install a metal front offroad plate in the front and attached the plate holder to it.. may it will be better.. but I think either way is fine..
Old 07-28-2019, 02:24 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheACC

Got my StoNSho Quick Release plate bracket..

The bracket is incredibly light.. Practically no weight.. I can see why it just needs a small holding bracket..

I will wait until my license plates come in to install it..

I may install a metal front offroad plate in the front and attached the plate holder to it.. may it will be better.. but I think either way is fine..

Good job , , ^^^^^

One thing Wifey doesn't want for sure is RATTLES . . so maybe you will post it up after you get it on.

Thanks.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:20 AM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray831
Thanks for the info, however, when you drill through the plastic covering is there some metal on the other side of the plastic that this mounts to? Or just the plastic? Just curious 'cause I think that the plastic would not really be secure enough.
The section of the bumper cover, where the StoNSho is mounted, is just plastic. There's no metal behind it. It should be okay unless you have a heavy license plate frame. Although, if you bump the plate, the screws will get loose in the plastic.

I don't have a StoNSho. I have the Skene Design plate mount, which also mounts to the lower section of the bumper cover. Not often but a few times, my wife has rolled a little too far into our garage and has tapped the foam rubber cushion on the garage wall (I anticipated that this might happen). After three hits, I had to re-attach the plate mount with bigger screws and glue. Then it happened again... Now, I've got a thicker more elaborate foam rubber thing that gets the bumper on each side of the plate.

Last edited by alpine-al; 07-29-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:41 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 608 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine-al
The section of the bumper cover, where the StoNSho is mounted, is just plastic. There's no metal behind it. It should work be okay unless you have a heavy license plate frame. Although, if you bump the plate, the screws will get loose and in the plastic.

I don't have a StoNSho. I have the Skene Design plate mount, which also mounts to the lower section of the bumper cover. Not often but a few times, my wife has rolled a little too far into our garage and has tapped the foam rubber cushion on the garage wall (I anticipated that this might happen). After three hits, I had to re-attach the plate mount with bigger screws and glue. Then it happened again... Now, I've got a thicker more elaborate foam rubber thing that gets the bumper on each side of the plate.
I would be inclined to remove the plastic lower bumper piece and mount the plate bracket with an additional backing plate on the other side of the plastic (essentially sandwich the plastic with the additional plate, rather than using screws into plastic alone).
Old 07-29-2019, 05:08 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mech33
I would be inclined to remove the plastic lower bumper piece and mount the plate bracket with an additional backing plate on the other side of the plastic (essentially sandwich the plastic with the additional plate, rather than using screws into plastic alone).
Good idea.. I will look at that possibility when I get my plates and get to install it..

I think I will look at the possibility, too, to use an invisible placed outdoor black zip tie (at the plate support place level with some rubber bumpers) to reduce the torque stress and vibration on the supporting plate assembly. Even if the support mounting plate detaches, the plate assembly will be held by the black zip tie.

I plan to glue the mounting plate, and inject some Loctite Red Threadlocker compound on the screws holes and on the screws. That stuff needs to be heated in order to be removed, so it should help hold the screws from behind the plastic bumper piece too, once installed and cured.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:54 PM
Fly121
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I received my Euro plate bracket and installed it on my front bumper. I am happy with the bracket, I used two screws to screw into the bumper and it holds fine.
Finally after seven months, I was able to install my Euro plate.
2019 Cayenne Turbo with sport package styling.

The following users liked this post:
PorscheACC (08-07-2019)
Old 08-07-2019, 04:32 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

I got my Texas license plates this week, so I may be installing them this weekend.. I will post the results of the stonsho installation..
Old 08-10-2019, 07:40 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Damn.. I was posting in the wrong forum group.. some California vehicle group..

I finished installing my shopnsho license plate bracket, and finished testing it. Works like a charm...

Old 08-10-2019, 08:36 PM
BCA01
Instructor

Received 105 Likes on 49 Posts

^did you melt the plastic or add some kind of adhesive? I installed mine last week but have not tested it yet (only plan to put the plate on for road trips), so I don’t know how it will hold up at high speed but I do know that your mount has a bunch of debris/residue surrounding it that mine does not.
Old 08-10-2019, 09:57 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 608 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheACC
Damn.. I was posting in the wrong forum group.. some California vehicle group..

I finished installing my shopnsho license plate bracket, and finished testing it. Works like a charm...

Great! Is the base visible at all when the plate portion is removed?
Old 08-10-2019, 11:03 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BCA01
^did you melt the plastic or add some kind of adhesive? I installed mine last week but have not tested it yet (only plan to put the plate on for road trips), so I don’t know how it will hold up at high speed but I do know that your mount has a bunch of debris/residue surrounding it that mine does not.
I put some Super Glue to the plate and to the screws, because the supporting plastic felt thin.

I added too some exterior molding double side tape to the plate touching the bumper to make sure it is better supported and so that there is no torque pulling down on the bracket..

I think it will hold pretty good. I will let you all know if I bump, or noticed, into any issues.. i.e. car wash, etc..
Old 08-10-2019, 11:05 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mech33
Great! Is the base visible at all when the plate portion is removed?
Nope.. and I need to remove the ring, because I want a permanent installation.

Quick Reply: 2019 Cayenne Front License Plate