Sponsored By:

May Want To Check

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 08:05 AM
Sobrut911
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
Default May Want To Check

You may want to check the shiny black panels/covers surrounding the front and rear windows to see if they still fit flush against the window because on mine and my wife’s 2019 Cayennes some of them are bowing out due to warping or the adhesive loosening. Looks like a design flaw to me that is going to cause problems when the car is out of warranty. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Mine is at the dealers getting repaired, fortunately under warranty.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:20 AM
hdawg
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Noticed the same on my cayenne coupe. Has been booked in for repair / replacement also.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:42 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 369 Likes on 206 Posts

This happened to me as well. Started with the driver window which I had repaired at dealer and then it failed again. Brought back a few months later for my 10k service and they said they have been having this issue and now have a better method issued by Porsche. My passenger side was also starting to loosen so they fixed both and have been fine since (couple months now). Now the rear doors are starting to show signs of this so will be a third time going in. Point here...make sure to check ALL your trim and if any are even slightly showing signs of this issue, make them fix because even if not bad yet, it will come.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:56 PM
Miggytosh
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 68 Posts

Add this to the list that includes the right/left windshield trim piece (which scratch super easy too) and the rear windshield wiper cover.
Old 08-14-2020, 01:02 PM
hdawg
Advanced

Any idea how they resolve this? Do they just change the clips to fix this or glue the thing down?
Old 08-14-2020, 02:03 PM
meyecul
Pro

Originally Posted by hdawg
Any idea how they resolve this? Do they just change the clips to fix this or glue the thing down?
Believe it or not there are no clips for these trim pieces they are only held in place with adhesive. I believe how they remedy it will depend on each case they will either re-adhere your existing trim pieces or replace them with new ones.

One thing to watch out for is it appears as though they have to remove your inner door panel for proper access to install (I assume for the lower portion of adhering the exterior trim.) The first time I had it done I could see a little residue of adhesive on my inner leather door sill. Then the next time they did it they left some small indentations in the red leather just below the Inner gloss black door trim (Which they would’ve had to remove before removing the door panel). I assume from some type of trim removal tool. Of course all the removing of door panels etc. can then introduce crackles in creaks to how well the door panel fits back. A bit disappointing to see sloppy work when it comes to protecting surrounding surfaces for such a high end brand.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:32 PM
Pushinit
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Mine appear fine, but I'm curious about how yours might have warped. Does you Cayenne sit in the sun very much each day?
Old 08-14-2020, 04:59 PM
meyecul
Pro

Originally Posted by Pushinit
Mine appear fine, but I'm curious about how yours might have warped. Does you Cayenne sit in the sun very much each day?
nope. some day sun but it’s mostly garaged kept. It’s a manufacture defect in the adhesive according to my dealer. The trim appears visually warped as it’s separating but that just because some adhesive is still hanging on. I do not believe they are actually warped.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:47 AM
hdawg
Advanced

Mine was warped from day 1 though its (only) the trim which goes around the tailgate window.
Still annoying though since it see it every time i look in the rear view mirror.
Old 08-15-2020, 06:33 PM
redbaron01
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Just had my 2019 TT in for replacing the rhs trim pcs btw front n rear window ,, I came off in my hand during a wash ..
Old 08-17-2020, 08:30 AM
Greyphantom
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Sobrut911
You may want to check the shiny black panels/covers surrounding the front and rear windows to see if they still fit flush against the window because on mine and my wife’s 2019 Cayennes some of them are bowing out due to warping or the adhesive loosening. Looks like a design flaw to me that is going to cause problems when the car is out of warranty. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Mine is at the dealers getting repaired, fortunately under warranty.
any chance you can post a photo of tha part that’s failing? I don’t have the car, I’m a potential buyer and am trying to document all the common issues
Old 08-19-2020, 09:35 AM
Ahmad Al Ali
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine 2019 base got the trim part replaced for the window near the driver side, it gets very hot here in Dubai so the glue loosens up, dealer said that they acknowledge the problem as it started to become a common thing.
the dealer replaced the part under the warranty.
Old 08-20-2020, 11:26 AM
Mr_Marty
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 58 Posts

Some astounding quality there. VW has ruined the Cayenne.
Old 08-20-2020, 03:54 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 571 Posts

Can someone post pictures of the issue? But yeah, it's disappointing to see al these quality issues
Old 08-22-2020, 07:15 PM
redbaron01
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

just now read this ,,both parts replaced under warranty,,no pics ..

Quick Reply: May Want To Check