Sponsored By:

Coding Cayenne E3

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2023, 04:39 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 300 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by runbuh
Sorry for the cross-posting, but I felt people should know.

If you try to renew your Launch subscription via "Auto Softwares" (on WhatsApp), be aware the he ripped me off. Took the money and ran. I'm an idiot for trusting him, and he's a jerk.

Caveat Emptor
Thanks for the warning..

Through experiences from other members is how we avoid getting ripped off..
Old 09-25-2023, 02:44 AM
limbo
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's the settings I used to enable the "boost tube", and the ability to have the boost on the custom 4-line view.

Getting the boost on the custom 4-line view is a tricky affair. You cannot configure it via the custom settings on the PCM screen. It won't "stick". You must do the following: Configure the "Individual options line 1" settings (Launch/PIWIS), switch the view from Customized to Vehicle (using the steering wheel controls), then switch the view from Vehicle back to Customized. At least, that's the way it works on my 2019 Cayenne S with no Sport Chrono. I prefer the boost tube at the bottom of the gauge.

Instrument Cluster: Factory setting-Factory setting-individual options line 1: Boost Pressure (probably could use line 1, 2, 3, or 4, but I used line 1)
Instrument Cluster: Factory setting-Factory setting-individual options-Boost/Coolant: Enabled (I think this is necessary for the "Boost tube" at the bottom of the gauge)
Instrument Cluster: Factory setting-Factory setting - menu configuration-Performance: Enabled
Instrument Cluster: Factory setting-Factory setting - menu configuration-Sport Chrono: Enabled (this does not magically give your car Sport Chrono)
Instrument Cluster: Tube 4 bottom bar graph - bargraph: Boost Pressure (also necessary for the Boost tube)
Instrument Cluster: Factory setting-Factory setting-individual options-Boost level/value: Available
Instrument Cluster: Factory setting-Factory setting menu configuration-Boost: Enabled
Instrument Cluster: Menu configuration-Menu configuration right 2-Performance Monitor: Enabled (not sure what this does, might only be for hybrids?)
Instrument Cluster: Menu configuration-Menu configuration right 1-Boost: Enabled (there is also an entry for G-force) - I think this enables the drag/drop options for the custom view that you set via the PCM screen
Instrument Cluster: Boost pressure indication-Boost pressure indication 1: Enabled
Instrument Cluster: Boost pressure indication-Max boost pressure normal: 1.4 Bar (this is the default - I did not change this - if you flash your ECU for a performance boost, you may want to tweak this to a higher bar to show a broader/higher boost range)

Interesting sidenote: Front-end Electronics: Presentation mode of multicolor ambient and contour lighting: Enabled will force the colors to continuously cycle between available colors. It's about 2 - 3 color changes per second. Handy for demo, but irritating otherwise.

New menu choices for the Customized 4-line display. NOTE THAT BOOST DOES NOT "STICK" USING THIS PCM SCREEN

Boost Tube at the bottom of the gauge, and Boost on Line 1 of the Customized Display

G-force "Deceleration" option on the Customized 4-line display
Has anyone mapped out how to get this done in PIWIS? I’d very much like to have the “boost tube” that I used to have in my Macan.
Old 09-29-2023, 02:35 PM
lukenz21
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi There, I have a 2022 Targa 4S, and am looking to buy the Launch to make this change. Has anyone else tried this, did it work ok? Is it simple to find the lines and change it????
Old 09-29-2023, 04:14 PM
lukenz21
3rd Gear

Default Has anyone else made this change??

Thanks, everyone, for the clarification/education. I haven't really monkeyed with those settings in the car, much less via PIWIS/Launch.

Edited - poor weather is my loss, your gain. I was bored.

Using my Launch x431: Instrument Cluster: Factory Setting-Factory setting units-Speed: change to "Unit_kmh". I did not go drive the car around after changing the setting, but the center/digital speed definitely changed to say "km/h"

Sorry for the crappy pictures, but I did not take my phone out with me. These came from the x431's camera (yuck)

Setting screen on x431

Before (set to Unit_mph)

After (set to Unit_kmh)
Hi There, I have a 2022 Targa 4S, and am looking to buy the Launch to make this change. Has anyone else tried this, did it work ok? Is it simple to find the lines and change it????
Also a question on it as it is a Canadian car. I had a dealer tell me the Canadian cars are worth less. Any reason or truth to this??
Old 09-30-2023, 08:20 AM
AO
Supercharged
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by lukenz21
Also a question on it as it is a Canadian car. I had a dealer tell me the Canadian cars are worth less. Any reason or truth to this??
I did the change from KMH to MPH on my 2020 Cayenne Turbo which was a Canadian delivery car… now in the US. (See post#385) It was pretty easy with x431, but you have to kinda understand the thought process in how the modules are laid out and the terminology. For me, it was under “velocity” not speed. It took me all of 20min to hook up hunt around and make the change.
I assume your 2022 would behave similarly,
As for Canadian cars being worth less… sounds like your dealer just wants to blow smoke up your butt.

Last edited by AO; 09-30-2023 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-30-2023, 09:10 AM
lukenz21
3rd Gear

Awesome - Thanks @AO
Old 09-30-2023, 10:15 PM
runbuh
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by limbo
Has anyone mapped out how to get this done in PIWIS? I’d very much like to have the “boost tube” that I used to have in my Macan.
It should not be that hard to translate "Instrument Cluster: Factory setting-Factory setting-individual options line 1: Boost Pressure". It's the same settings, just in German.

Instrument Cluster is "Kombi", select that, then go to manual coding without rules and scroll around until you see the German equivalent of "factory setting" and then find the values I listed (the German equivalent). It's not hard.
The following users liked this post:
limbo (10-17-2023)
Old 09-30-2023, 11:03 PM
shadetree_prjct
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So where do I find someone in Virginia that will do some coding for me?
Old 10-07-2023, 01:22 PM
Shred
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

deleted

Last edited by Shred; 10-09-2023 at 02:47 PM. Reason: fixed
Old 10-14-2023, 11:31 AM
9972RS
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

did you find a solution to the error codes?

Originally Posted by Userix
So I have been trying to disable *** on the new cayenne 2023 using a genuine pt3g vci v2 and piwis 41.8. I can access the modules just fine but when I try to change the block05 and block08 in the dme module pertaining to the *** feature, it’s not able to change the options. I have even disable the component protection feature as well, but I still can’t change the ***-related options.

I have tried going to f7 addl menu route and changing the vo of the car to disable *** and the auto coding procedure also fails.

has anyone successfully disable *** on the new 2023 cayennes?
Old 10-14-2023, 02:13 PM
Userix
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 9972RS
did you find a solution to the error codes?
Unfortunately no. I have asked around and it seems there might be some of type protection lock on the engine dme ecu module preventing any type of changes, even with genuine pt3g. I even tried unlocking/disabling the protection feature for the module and it still won’t alllow me to change those settings. Hopefully someone else has figured something out
Old 10-15-2023, 04:06 PM
9972RS
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

maybe we need a newer version of piwis. I see that it's up to v42 already
Old 11-06-2023, 09:12 PM
darsadzei
1st Gear

Default Cayenne 2019

Hi All, newbie here, i’ve shipped my cayenne from USA to europe and was wondering if there is any chance to update the digital (highlighted) from ml to Km? the analog is already showing the km but i would like the digital to show the same thing.
was also wondering if auto on/off can be disabled?
Old 11-10-2023, 12:39 PM
runbuh
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by darsadzei

Hi All, newbie here, i’ve shipped my cayenne from USA to europe and was wondering if there is any chance to update the digital (highlighted) from ml to Km? the analog is already showing the km but i would like the digital to show the same thing.
was also wondering if auto on/off can be disabled?
In short - yes - It's all in this thread. You'll need to buy either something like a Launch x431, or a cloned PIWIS, in order to make the changes. A Launch x431 is the simpler way to go, but it's probably not the cheapest way to go.

I know it's painful, but I recommend reading this whole thread.
Here are some examples to get your started:
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post17470752
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post17261429 (but read this post, too: https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post18973734)

Good luck!
Old 12-05-2023, 08:22 PM
celiawessen
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

For those that have enabled Wireless CarPlay through coding AND has upgraded their iPhone to iOS 17.x, does the SharePlay icon now appear in the Music app in CarPlay?

Quick Reply: Coding Cayenne E3