Sponsored By:

It's here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 03:48 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts
Default It's here!

My new Cayenne arrived this morning! it got a bit dirty during transport, so the Hubster & I washed & waxed it. The Hubster thinks it could use a clay bar, but he was out of those supplies, so a good wash & wax will suffice for now. Details:

2021 GTS. Carrara White Metallic. It's got the important stuff, but not much extra fluff, which is fine. Delighted to have it & glad to back in a P SUV as a daily driver. It's definitely roomier than my Macan was, but I think it'll be a good long-term daily driver.

The following users liked this post:
chassis (05-31-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 05:08 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

Congrats!! Got my my wife’s Cayenne from New Country as well.
Old 05-31-2021, 05:10 PM
Ticket Target
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 93 Posts

Old 05-31-2021, 06:40 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 686 Likes on 479 Posts

Congrats, almost the exact same spec as my Dolomite Silver GTS except for the stitching, brakes and ACC. I had white as my first colour choice but it would have meant a factory order. Any interior pics? Enjoy your new ride.

Last edited by kayjh; 05-31-2021 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-31-2021, 08:42 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Thanks, all. New Country was very nice to deal with. We dealt with Jordan there & had a good experience. He wasn't at all pushy & there was no hard sell. I've got to call to schedule the PPF tomorrow. I don't want to drive it around until that's done. With my luck, I'll pick up a chip on the way to the installer! A couple of mediocre interior pics below. Our Targa has the same GTS interior & is also Carrara White, so it's kind of funky to have two cars that are simultaneous so similar & dissimilar. This one does not have the 18-way seats that the Targa does. I was a bit concerned about that, but then realized that I've always deflated the bolsters on the Targa & on my Macan that had 18-way seats. This car doesn't have RAS or PDCC, but it'll be just fine for my driving needs.. No curves or twisties here where I live.

Questions:
  • I'm able to open the hatch with a kick, but can't seem to close it. Shouldn't it close like that, too? I read the thread where some said it was hit or miss. Apparently, my closing skills are a miss.
  • Does anyone know of an insert that can be put in the armrest bin? Something like this - https://www.ebay.com/itm/30317635862...UAAOSwCK1fKr6M ? I see options for earlier iterations, but not ours.

Interior pics:

Old 05-31-2021, 09:59 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,221 Likes on 901 Posts

Congratulations, looks great. Roof rails and trailer hitch, well done. So many Cayennes for sale are missing one, the other or both. I need both, a vehicle that is missing either rails or the hitch is a dealbreaker for me.
The following 2 users liked this post by chassis:
m5biemer (06-03-2021), macanakey (06-01-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 11:26 PM
icemang
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 146 Posts

They got rid of kick-to-close for whatever reason. Congrats on your ride.
The following users liked this post:
macanakey (06-01-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 01:09 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by macanakey
I’m not sure I follow. What are you trying to accomplish or what function are you trying to add? I have wireless charging and limited storage but am happy with the arrangement.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:29 AM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dasams
I’m not sure I follow. What are you trying to accomplish or what function are you trying to add? I have wireless charging and limited storage but am happy with the arrangement.
I like the little shelf in the bin because it allows me to keep tissues & the like on top & within easy reach. I find that stuff gets buried in a deeper bin without a short shelf to keep the stuff I'm constantly reaching for separate.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:46 AM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 686 Likes on 479 Posts

I like the little shelf in the bin because it allows me to keep tissues & the like on top & within easy reach. I find that stuff gets buried in a deeper bin without a short shelf to keep the stuff I'm constantly reaching for separate.
Personally, with 4 zone climate control the storage compartment barely holds my second pair of glasses, cell phone and a few other items. I'm not sure how an organizer tray would help that.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:13 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

New question for those of you in the know - my Cayenne came with 8-way seats. Our previous Porsches have had 18-way seats. I'm okay with the 8-ways, because I don't care for all the bolster adjustments, but it seems like I've also given up the Easy Entry function by giving up the more adjustable seats. There's no option on the PCM for that function. I didn't realize that would be the case & now I'm wondering if I can get my hands on a set of 14- or 18-way seats to swap out. Any ideas? How expensive would that even be? Not a total deal breaker, but I really liked that function in my Macan & didn't even think to ask if that feature would be affected by having the basic seats..
Old 06-04-2021, 09:42 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,274 Posts

New question for those of you in the know - my Cayenne came with 8-way seats. Our previous Porsches have had 18-way seats. I'm okay with the 8-ways, because I don't care for all the bolster adjustments, but it seems like I've also given up the Easy Entry function by giving up the more adjustable seats. There's no option on the PCM for that function. . .
Hi macanakey. I see from your build sheet you have the comfort access option. This should be all you need for the Easy Entry function. Just to be sure — double check CAR | CONTROL | Vehicle | Locking | Comfort Access. Is there no Comfort Access on the locking page? Is it grayed out?

Old 06-05-2021, 09:07 AM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

I do have comfort access, & thought that included the seat forward, etc., but my PCM is missing that specific option, I'm wondering if something's wrong or I'm really missing that feature. I've got an email into my SA about that & am hoping that it can be coded back somehow. The Hubby is suggesting that I just set setting #3 to a back position, but I want the car to do it itself, damn it. I did look that up in the manual before I posted, FWIW.

Old 06-05-2021, 11:18 AM
Fahrfun
Instructor

I do have comfort access, & thought that included the seat forward, etc., but my PCM is missing that specific option, I'm wondering if something's wrong or I'm really missing that feature. I've got an email into my SA about that & am hoping that it can be coded back somehow. The Hubby is suggesting that I just set setting #3 to a back position, but I want the car to do it itself, damn it. I did look that up in the manual before I posted, FWIW.
Congrats! Beautiful car and build. Do you actually have the 1-2-3 seat memory buttons on the driver’s door in your vehicle? In the US configurator the 8-way base seats do not include the driver memory package. I just checked this morning and oddly the $400 driver memory package is not even offered on the GTS as an interior option, which it is for the base model for example. I thought it was a fluke on their website. I’m guessing that without that package the driver’s seat wouldn’t do the entry / exit courtesy dance?

Last edited by Fahrfun; 06-05-2021 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-05-2021, 11:26 AM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fahrfun
Congrats! Beautiful car and build. Do you actually have the 1-2-3 seat memory buttons on the driver’s door in your vehicle? In the US configurator the 8-way base seats do not include the driver memory package. I just checked this morning and oddly the $400 driver memory package is not even offered on the GTS as an interior option, which it is for the base model for example. I thought it was a fluke on their website. I’m guessing that without that package the driver’s seat wouldn’t do the entry / exit courtesy dance?
Thanks. I'm eager to drive it, but this is a bit of a let-down. I do have the 1-2-3 seat memory buttons on the driver's door, which makes this whole thing even odder!

Last edited by macanakey; 06-05-2021 at 11:29 AM.

Quick Reply: It's here!