Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2019 Cayenne S: Successfully disabling auto "Start/Stop" using Autel MaxiCOM MK906BT

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2022, 11:15 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 3,892 Likes on 1,365 Posts

Originally Posted by pbon
I am toying with the idea of trading for a Launch x431 Pad V. More than 2x the cost but has built in j5234 and Launch has its own online server for Porsche so you could program the ECU and do more coding
I for one, don't have any desire to do coding. Because with my luck, this would be the scenario when I call my Porsche dealer because the '21 GTS Cayenne won't run I had had to flatbed it to the dealer:

"Sir, we see evidence of some unfamiliar coding sequences in the DME, were you having the GTS tuned?"

"Well, I was playing around with some settings trying to fine tune the vehicle and change a few parameters in my garage"

"Unfortunately you damaged it beyond repair, we will have to replace that entire module and system"

"Oh, that's too bad. Do you have an estimate for what that will cost and how long it will take?"

"We are still working on it, but it looks to be north of $ 20,000 and will take at least 8 months to get all the parts we are going to need"

The following users liked this post:
Palantir (08-12-2023)
Old 02-26-2022, 11:24 AM
pbon
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 111 Posts

I am not going to tune my car with one of these tools — I’ll leave the tuning to someone who tunes, but would like to do more than just turn off auto start stop.
Old 02-26-2022, 05:25 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 306 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
I for one, don't have any desire to do coding. Because with my luck, this would be the scenario when I call my Porsche dealer because the '21 GTS Cayenne won't run I had had to flatbed it to the dealer:

"Sir, we see evidence of some unfamiliar coding sequences in the DME, were you having the GTS tuned?"

"Well, I was playing around with some settings trying to fine tune the vehicle and change a few parameters in my garage"

"Unfortunately you damaged it beyond repair, we will have to replace that entire module and system"

"Oh, that's too bad. Do you have an estimate for what that will cost and how long it will take?"

"We are still working on it, but it looks to be north of $ 20,000 and will take at least 8 months to get all the parts we are going to need"
The Porsche DME has a “safe mode” that keeps the engine running in case of an issue and will alert the driver via the check engine light (CEL) so that it can be addressed.

My recollection was about $5,000 to replace a brand new and reprogrammed Porsche DME, or less, not $20,000, unless you are getting ripped off.
Many failed DME/ECUs can even be repaired by a few highly-specialized repair facilities.

Last edited by PorscheACC; 02-26-2022 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-26-2022, 05:44 PM
pbon
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 111 Posts

Did you find front seatbelt audible and visible warnings in the Autel? I found only rear seatbelt.
Old 03-07-2022, 12:57 PM
Adrian g.
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pbon
I bought the same tool and like it. Not worth it if you just have one thing to do on one car - better to just pay a coder to do online (if you have a cable) or in person. If you work on your car, the service resets and diagnostic and service features are worthwhile but you can get those with the $400 MX808. The Autel MS906BT is the cheapest model that does some coding. I turned off *** in my 21 Cayenne S (with sport chrono not that I think that makes a difference). I don’t think it will turn off seatbelt chimes but have not checked everywhere yet.
Any recommendations for an online coder? I'm willing to purchase the required cable.
Old 03-07-2022, 05:15 PM
Silververtu
Pro

Received 223 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
Mine arrived today, this kit is HUGE. Wasn't prepared for that. You will see my older iCarSoft set inside next to this.....now to go play with it in the garage,

Note to self : Don't brick the Porsche.
Can this tool activate PDLS+?
Old 05-15-2022, 03:09 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PorscheACC
I have the Autel MaxiCOM MK906BT.

I was able to easily disable the start/stop feature from my 2019 Porsche Cayenne S.

Thanks to all the other posters that showed the main related steps..

I am appending images (sorry for the resolution) that shows the steps I took to disable the Start/Stop feature.

These are the steps.

1. Selected Porsche
2. Use Auto-Bin to automatically process VIN (Needs to have key in second position, with engine off)
3. Diagnosis
4. Auto-Scan
5. DME (Engine Electronics)
6. Coding
7. Coding without rules
8. Coding
9. Modify values below
10. Write values
11. Exit to home screen

After 8, and there was some waiting to do, I was presented with a table of fields.

There were two important fields that needed to change.

Original Field Names Values

"Block07 start stop" "Present"

"Block 08 start stop last mode" "Default On"

I first set the fields "Block 08 start stop lastmode" to "Last Mode" and it gave me an error message saying to check on conditions, when I tried to write it.

Then, I set the "Block07 start stop" to "Not available/coding.." and it was successful when I tried to write it down.

New Field Names Values

"Block07 start stop" "Not available/coding.."

"Block 08 start stop last mode" "Last Mode"

I used to have the "Start/Stop" icon on my main home screen to be able to manually disable it, but after the updates, it is not there anymore, and the "Start/Stop" feature is not active any more.

It worked for me, but you are on your own, since too many things can happen..

My MaxiCOM MK906BT was last completely updated on December 5, 2021, which after the updates, I proceeded to update my vehicle.

Thanks to everybody that posted any information on coding; it really helped.

I really despise the auto "Start/Stop" feature, to the point that I will not buy another Porsche if that feature is not remembered, or disabled, after a restart.

Autel Screenshots

Coding Screens

Start/Stop feature disable and removed from main screen

Screenshots
(Note: I do not recommend AUTEL devices anymore, after I found, the hard way, that AUTEL deceivingly does not state in their sales/marketing materials that all Coding, ECU, etc. features will be disabled if you don't have a ~$700.00 yearly subscription active.)
Old 05-15-2022, 03:14 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Do not recommend Autel anymore.!!!

AUTEL
WILL DISABLE CODING, ECU, etc.. FEATURES WITHOUT A ~$700.00 YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION.!!

Below is AUTEL's response on the MK906BT, and where I am not able to use key features any more because it requires an online connection that can happen only with a valid subscription.

"We are really sorry that is Autel's marketing strategy, for all the Autel diagnostic tablets, there are annual fee. Only advanced functions such as ECU Coding/ Programming functions will be limited if not renewed because to code/ program a new ECU, that requires access to Autel online server, if the one doesn't renew the software, he can't access to Autel server data to process the coding or programming. The subscription fee is charged by Autel. "
Old 05-17-2022, 06:42 PM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I know a lot of people say they will not buy another XXX vehicle until they eliminate the start/stop function...well, I got bad news...

All vehicles in the US are certified to various standards. If the mpg, emissions, or any other standard is certified WITH start/stop being active, there is no way in hell the dealer will disable it. In fact, they could (certainly would) face huge fines if they deviate form a "certified configuration" (one example is the VW emissions scandal).

Being as start/stop can save a little fuel, it will undoubtedly be part of just about every car manufacturers certified configuration going forward...it's here to stay. At least you can disable it yourself....who knows how long that will last...
Old 05-26-2022, 09:31 PM
NA011
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Automatic stop start switch

Will the *** switch turn off when pulling a trailer? If it does why can’t we just plug in a third brake light into the trailer hitch receiver?
Old 05-31-2022, 09:44 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NA011
Will the *** switch turn off when pulling a trailer? If it does why can’t we just plug in a third brake light into the trailer hitch receiver?
From another post, it says that the AS/S will be disabled if you have installed an OEM towing system and a trailer is detected (bicycle carrier connector or trailer connector plugged in).

It states that the Auto Start Stop function must be deactivated manually if a trailer hitch from another manufacturer is installed on the vehicle.
Old 05-31-2022, 10:44 PM
Adrian g.
AutoX

From another post, it says that the AS/S will be disabled if you have installed an OEM towing system and a trailer is detected (bicycle carrier connector or trailer connector plugged in).

It states that the Auto Start Stop function must be deactivated manually if a trailer hitch from another manufacturer is installed on the vehicle.

I was also reading that with a trailer plugged in, the transmission goes into trailer mode. Not sure what that’s all about.
PorscheACC (06-01-2022)
Old 06-06-2022, 01:29 PM
Adrian g.
AutoX

@PorscheACC I purchased the 906BT a few days ago, and followed the steps to get it all updated, registered, etc. It came with Porsche 9.70 version, prior to any updates. I can read codes, see data, but when I try coding, it ends up giving a message "ecu auto backup failed, can't enter coding without rules"

I opened a case with tech support..and I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Curious if you had experienced this?
Old 06-06-2022, 05:06 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Adrian g.
@PorscheACC I purchased the 906BT a few days ago, and followed the steps to get it all updated, registered, etc. It came with Porsche 9.70 version, prior to any updates. I can read codes, see data, but when I try coding, it ends up giving a message "ecu auto backup failed, can't enter coding without rules"

I opened a case with tech support..and I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Curious if you had experienced this?
Did you tried to perform the first steps shown in this original post?

Those steps will require online server access, and if you don't have online server access you cannot perform any ECU, coding, etc. features that require online access.

You know that you will need to pay $595.00 every year to maintain an active subscription or your online based features like ECU, Coding, etc. will stop working in your device, right.?

I stopped recommending Autel devices for this reason, and if I was you, I will return the Autel device ASAP.. unless you don't mind paying $595.00 every year to keep your device online based ECU, Coding, etc. access and features working.

Good luck..

Old 06-07-2022, 05:30 PM
Adrian g.
AutoX

Did you tried to perform the first steps shown in this original post?

Those steps will require online server access, and if you don't have online server access you cannot perform any ECU, coding, etc. features that require online access.

You know that you will need to pay $595.00 every year to maintain an active subscription or your online based features like ECU, Coding, etc. will stop working in your device, right.?

I stopped recommending Autel devices for this reason, and if I was you, I will return the Autel device ASAP.. unless you don't mind paying $595.00 every year to keep your device online based ECU, Coding, etc. access and features working.

Good luck..
Today, coding worked. I do not know why, perhaps it took 2 days to enable my server/online/coding access for my account by Autel.

I coded *** completely off. Also, coded windows/sunroof open and close with key fob, and disabled some of the annoying chimes.

PorscheACC (06-07-2022)

Quick Reply: 2019 Cayenne S: Successfully disabling auto "Start/Stop" using Autel MaxiCOM MK906BT