Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2019 Cayenne S: Successfully disabling auto "Start/Stop" using Autel MaxiCOM MK906BT

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 04:14 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 306 Likes on 225 Posts
Default 2019 Cayenne S: Successfully disabling auto "Start/Stop" using Autel MaxiCOM MK906BT

I have the Autel MaxiCOM MK906BT.

I was able to easily disable the start/stop feature from my 2019 Porsche Cayenne S.

Thanks to all the other posters that showed the main related steps..

I am appending images (sorry for the resolution) that shows the steps I took to disable the Start/Stop feature.

These are the steps.

1. Selected Porsche
2. Use Auto-Bin to automatically process VIN (Needs to have key in second position, with engine off)
3. Diagnosis
4. Auto-Scan
5. DME (Engine Electronics)
6. Coding
7. Coding without rules
8. Coding
9. Modify values below
10. Write values
11. Exit to home screen

After 8, and there was some waiting to do, I was presented with a table of fields.

There were two important fields that needed to change.

Original Field Names Values

"Block07 start stop" "Present"

"Block 08 start stop last mode" "Default On"

I first set the fields "Block 08 start stop lastmode" to "Last Mode" and it gave me an error message saying to check on conditions, when I tried to write it.

Then, I set the "Block07 start stop" to "Not available/coding.." and it was successful when I tried to write it down.

New Field Names Values

"Block07 start stop" "Not available/coding.."

"Block 08 start stop last mode" "Last Mode"

I used to have the "Start/Stop" icon on my main home screen to be able to manually disable it, but after the updates, it is not there anymore, and the "Start/Stop" feature is not active any more.

It worked for me, but you are on your own, since too many things can happen..

My MaxiCOM MK906BT was last completely updated on December 5, 2021, which after the updates, I proceeded to update my vehicle.

Thanks to everybody that posted any information on coding; it really helped.

I really despise the auto "Start/Stop" feature, to the point that I will not buy another Porsche if that feature is not remembered, or disabled, after a restart.

Autel Screenshots

Coding Screens

Start/Stop feature disable and removed from main screen

Screenshots

Last edited by PorscheACC; 12-05-2021 at 08:35 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by PorscheACC:
cwazyeurodrivr (11-21-2022), GONEIN10 (02-23-2022), Heegoogoo1 (12-27-2021), Sarum (04-03-2024), Schnave (12-05-2021), Ticket Target (12-06-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-05-2021, 04:40 PM
ACowabunga
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts

Great job on the coding and thanks for posting the steps to remove the feature.

Last edited by ACowabunga; 12-05-2021 at 04:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
PorscheACC (12-05-2021)
Old 12-06-2021, 09:10 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

After a day and a half of driving all over town, I can attest that the start/stop option is gone from all the screens/UIs and the option not being active at all.

Great to drive without that very pesky option..
Old 12-18-2021, 02:18 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PorscheACC
After a day and a half of driving all over town, I can attest that the start/stop option is gone from all the screens/UIs and the option not being active at all.

I am finding out that the driving adapting learning is much better now that the strat/stop has been disabled.

Before, I had to constantly switch to sports mode for any more aggressive driving, but now I am finding the normal setting to be much more responsive to acceleration.

My wife used to get so confused with the engine turning off and felt very uncomfortable to drive my vehiclr, but now, she is enjoying my vehicle a lot more and feels safe when she drives it.

Maybe, she will go back and want a Porsche again.. She really despised that option even more than I did.. Terrible option to have and not being able to persistently turn it off..

Steering wheel Sport button option on/off option missing, is still a mortal mistake from Porsche not to have for a $100k+ vehicle.. and, no, there is no such option on the steering wheel button list of programmable options. At keast not on the 2019 Cayenne S.

Last edited by PorscheACC; 12-18-2021 at 02:20 PM.
Palantir (08-12-2023)
Old 12-18-2021, 03:55 PM
minn19
Rennlist Member

Received 637 Likes on 329 Posts

I am finding out that the driving adapting learning is much better now that the strat/stop has been disabled.

Before, I had to constantly switch to sports mode for any more aggressive driving, but now I am finding the normal setting to be much more responsive to acceleration.

My wife used to get so confused with the engine turning off and felt very uncomfortable to drive my vehiclr, but now, she is enjoying my vehicle a lot more and feels safe when she drives it.

Maybe, she will go back and want a Porsche again.. She really despised that option even more than I did.. Terrible option to have and not being able to persistently turn it off..

Steering wheel Sport button option on/off option missing, is still a mortal mistake from Porsche not to have for a $100k+ vehicle.. and, no, there is no such option on the steering wheel button list of programmable options. At keast not on the 2019 Cayenne S.
This is obviously a cool way to do it, but I just set it up under individual to shut it off. Easy for my wife and I and is part of preflight. Heated seat/steering wheel this time of year and the individual button.

Where would your wife go manufacturer wise? I think all new cars have this now don’t they?
Old 12-19-2021, 12:03 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 3,892 Likes on 1,365 Posts

Autel MaxiCOM MK906BT is a bit pricey piece of kit, having said that I have three Porsches that are '20 ans '21 model years, is this device adequate to reset all the maintenance reminders? If so, it would be worth it for that and to kill off the Start / stop on all three vehicles.
Old 12-27-2021, 05:50 PM
Heegoogoo1
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi can I activate the active lane keep from The device you used ? Can you please check ?thanking you
Old 12-27-2021, 07:28 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Heegoogoo1
Hi can I activate the active lane keep from The device you used ? Can you please check ?thanking you
I am traveling, but I'll check it when I am back..
Old 02-22-2022, 04:12 PM
Adrian g.
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does your car have the Chrono package? We have a 2019 Cayenne 3.0T (base) without Chrono and would love to disable Auto start/stop. thanks in advance.
Old 02-22-2022, 05:42 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Adrian g.
Does your car have the Chrono package? We have a 2019 Cayenne 3.0T (base) without Chrono and would love to disable Auto start/stop. thanks in advance.
Nope, I do not have Chrono.. Mine is a 2019 Cayenne S.
Old 02-22-2022, 06:15 PM
pbon
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 111 Posts

I bought the same tool and like it. Not worth it if you just have one thing to do on one car - better to just pay a coder to do online (if you have a cable) or in person. If you work on your car, the service resets and diagnostic and service features are worthwhile but you can get those with the $400 MX808. The Autel MS906BT is the cheapest model that does some coding. I turned off *** in my 21 Cayenne S (with sport chrono not that I think that makes a difference). I don’t think it will turn off seatbelt chimes but have not checked everywhere yet.

Last edited by pbon; 02-23-2022 at 10:43 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by pbon:
NA011 (05-25-2022), PorscheACC (02-23-2022)
Old 02-23-2022, 09:05 AM
drcollie
Race Car

I decided to buy this scanner today as well, have three modern Porsches and three Ford trucks so it will be worth it. Killing off the Stop/Start functions on all of them will be # 1 on my list. This company sells at a good price, no tax, free shipping, and 3% discount on their splash page.

​​​​​​https://www.obdprice.com/products/au...oaAlX-EALw_wcB

GONEIN10 (02-23-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 07:16 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Mine arrived today, this kit is HUGE. Wasn't prepared for that. You will see my older iCarSoft set inside next to this.....now to go play with it in the garage,

Note to self : Don't brick the Porsche.

Schnave (02-25-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 08:19 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by drcollie
Mine arrived today, this kit is HUGE. Wasn't prepared for that. You will see my older iCarSoft set inside next to this.....now to go play with it in the garage,

Note to self : Don't brick the Porsche.

I haven't done much after disabling my Auto Start/Stop, but I am sure enjoying it every day..

I think disabling the AS/S improves the adaptive learning of the transmission. I feel it more overall responsive to acceleration than before..

Let me know what you find on the latter..

And keep us posted on any additional thing you find out, since we are several people in this forum with the same device..

And yes.. be careful not to brick it..

May the wise force be with you.!!
Old 02-25-2022, 08:39 PM
pbon
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 111 Posts

I am toying with the idea of trading for a Launch x431 Pad V. More than 2x the cost but has built in j5234 and Launch has its own online server for Porsche so you could program the ECU and do more coding
PorscheACC (02-25-2022)

Quick Reply: 2019 Cayenne S: Successfully disabling auto "Start/Stop" using Autel MaxiCOM MK906BT