Sponsored By:

Cayenne turbo air suspension w/ ghost links lowered 25mm/1"

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2023, 10:40 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete C
If I get a chance tomorrow to very drop amount. Yes it’s a Turbo. The HRE fitment is their standard they run and the rim widths are the same as stock, just more aggressive offsets. Stock offsets are 48 fr
And 61 rr

That's interesting. I would have assumed the turbo and the GTS ran the same wheel/tire sizes.
Old 12-06-2023, 07:00 AM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95
That's interesting. I would have assumed the turbo and the GTS ran the same wheel/tire sizes.
My car had optional 22”.
Old 12-06-2023, 10:50 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

My car had optional 22”.
Yeah, as soon as I posted that I went here and looked up the sizes out of curiousity: https://www.wheel-size.com/size/porsche/cayenne/2023/

Looks like the GTS and the Turbo do have the same wheels sizes. And oddly enough, the 22" wheels are wider than the 21", which surprised me. I figured the widths and offset would be the same regardless of diameter.

I dropped off the car a few minutes ago to have the ghost links and alignment done. It's going to be around $650 plus tax. Not horrible in today's pricing and it's a great indy shop I've used for years. As I mentioned before, I used the CETE in the RS6 and it was fantastic, but never adjusted after it was installed at my preferred setting. I left it up to their discretion to do 25mm-30mm, tops. I don't want to compromise ride quality in the lowest setting nor having any rubbing with the +10mm wheels that are coming. I probably should have done the wheels at the same time, but it'll be a few more weeks before they get here and I'm impatient and wanted to get the lowering done

I'll post some pics when it's completed in a few hours.
Old 12-06-2023, 05:43 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

HRE standard 22x10 +45 and 22x11.5 +50
I ordered a 5mm spacer for the front so it matches the rear, not on yet.

I haven’t had a chance to play with height on the App. I think it down @15mm front and 13 rear.
these tires are taller so it closes it. Picture attached with stock wheels.

Were you able to confirm how much drop you had?

I'm at the shop now and not happy with the way it came out.
Old 12-06-2023, 06:12 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

HRE standard 22x10 +45 and 22x11.5 +50
I ordered a 5mm spacer for the front so it matches the rear, not on yet.

I haven’t had a chance to play with height on the App. I think it down @15mm front and 13 rear.
these tires are taller so it closes it. Picture attached with stock wheels.

Were you able to confirm how much drop you had?

I'm at the shop now and not happy with the way it came out.
Old 12-06-2023, 08:58 PM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

The following users liked this post:
deputydog95 (12-07-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 09:38 PM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

Now that I played with the Cete module, I have to say it’s pretty bad ***. I set a -5mm front and rear for the standard mode (when taking it to the dealer) and this picture is in mode for sport mode. I made sport + the same for now. The car drives like stock from what I can tell so far including a 7hr round trip this past weekend.
The following users liked this post:
deputydog95 (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 12:16 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Now that I played with the Cete module, I have to say it’s pretty bad ***. I set a -5mm front and rear for the standard mode (when taking it to the dealer) and this picture is in mode for sport mode. I made sport + the same for now. The car drives like stock from what I can tell so far including a 7hr round trip this past weekend.
Looks great! Like I mentioned previously, I had the CETE in my RS6, but never adjusted it after the install so I went with the Ghost links this time around. Which as it turns out, I'm really pleased with. I have it set to the low ride height I like, but still have the option to jack it up with the factory buttons. There isn't a show mode, but I never used that on the CETE. I'm kind of surprised you took out less in the back as I had to do the opposite to level the car with the 5mm factory rake.

So I got the ride height thing figured out from yesterday. When they were showing me the car, they were insisting it was in low mode, and I was insisting it looked about exactly the same as when I dropped it off. Turns out, they were showing me the car in normal mode after lowering it 25mm, which was pretty close to the stock low mode. Once I got in the car and manually put it in low mode (the car was defaulting to the normal drive mode I guess), it finally went down and everything was right in the universe again

Anyway, once I put the car in low mode, it looked much better. They took about 25mm front and rear, but the back end was higher. The tech explained that Porsche has a 5mm rearward biased rake which they left in the car. I had them get rid of that, so my new settings to make the car level at my preferred ride height in low mode are:

-25mm front
-30mm rear

The ride seems unchanged and the car feels/handles great. It's not a drastic drop, but does get rid of about an inch or so of fender gap from the low mode. I think when I put the new wheels on that will push out 10mm more that stock, bringing the highest part of the tread closer to the end of the fender, it'll probably be perfect, for me anyway. They won't be here for a few more weeks and I guess we can possibly even lower it a smidge more after fitting the new wheels on the car.

Old 12-07-2023, 12:38 PM
SilverSteel
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 141 Posts

I just use the low setting on my CTT and it's low enough for me without any sacrifice in ride.

I don't know if I want to go too low, something may blow, and since I'm not in the snow, really not a go for me. You know.
Old 12-07-2023, 12:41 PM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Looks great! Like I mentioned previously, I had the CETE in my RS6, but never adjusted it after the install so I went with the Ghost links this time around. Which as it turns out, I'm really pleased with. I have it set to the low ride height I like, but still have the option to jack it up with the factory buttons. There isn't a show mode, but I never used that on the CETE. I'm kind of surprised you took out less in the back as I had to do the opposite to level the car with the 5mm factory rake.

So I got the ride height thing figured out from yesterday. When they were showing me the car, they were insisting it was in low mode, and I was insisting it looked about exactly the same as when I dropped it off. Turns out, they were showing me the car in normal mode after lowering it 25mm, which was pretty close to the stock low mode. Once I got in the car and manually put it in low mode (the car was defaulting to the normal drive mode I guess), it finally went down and everything was right in the universe again

Anyway, once I put the car in low mode, it looked much better. They took about 25mm front and rear, but the back end was higher. The tech explained that Porsche has a 5mm rearward biased rake which they left in the car. I had them get rid of that, so my new settings to make the car level at my preferred ride height in low mode are:

-25mm front
-30mm rear

The ride seems unchanged and the car feels/handles great. It's not a drastic drop, but does get rid of about an inch or so of fender gap from the low mode. I think when I put the new wheels on that will push out 10mm more that stock, bringing the highest part of the tread closer to the end of the fender, it'll probably be perfect, for me anyway. They won't be here for a few more weeks and I guess we can possibly even lower it a smidge more after fitting the new wheels on the car.

looks great!

The HRE front wheels are slightly tucked compared to the rears. I have 5mm spacers coming which might lead me to adjusting the height a bit.

Last edited by Pete C; 12-07-2023 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-07-2023, 02:59 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

looks great!

The HRE front wheels are slightly tucked compared to the rears. I have 5mm spacers coming which might lead me to adjusting the height a bit.

Thanks, I'm really happy with the way it came out.

You'll have to post some pics again after you get your spacers installed.
Old 12-09-2023, 11:52 PM
Rmoore4211
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is late, but just got a 2022 Cayenne coupe base and it still has factory warranty. Will cete and/or ghostlinks void that warranty?
Old 12-10-2023, 03:06 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rmoore4211
I know this is late, but just got a 2022 Cayenne coupe base and it still has factory warranty. Will cete and/or ghostlinks void that warranty?

Probably. YOLO! That said, does the base coupe have an air suspension? That is a prerequisite for the links or the cete.

Quick Reply: Cayenne turbo air suspension w/ ghost links lowered 25mm/1"