Sponsored By:

BMC Replacement Air filter

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2022, 11:27 AM
shustermeister
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default BMC Replacement Air filter

For 30k mile service on my 2019 Cayenne S, had my indie shop change oil, filter, cabin filter and engine air filter. They suggested the BMC filter for about $300 in case I ever want to put a tune on the engine. My uncalibrated butt dyno feels like the car is running smoother, slightly better pickup. Maybe the old filter was simply dirty but I wasn't expecting any perceivable performance gain. Anybody else using the filter have any feedback?
The following users liked this post:
Stangle (09-08-2022)
Old 09-08-2022, 05:21 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

There was (is) a thread on this subject in the early Cayenne forum around 2003-2004. Some of us went for it (BMC filter), there were claims that engines could breath again, more power and so forth. Then, a few people were concerned about the BMC filter being less effective against removal of smaller particles than the Porsche supplied filter. I didn't want to risk it, and put the Porsche filter back in. Had the Turbo model back then.
shustermeister (09-08-2022)
Old 09-08-2022, 05:45 PM
shustermeister
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Good info, thanks for the reply. This is my first Cayenne so I would not have looked that far back in the forums for this. I had a BMC filter in my former Cayman track car, and had not seen much talk regarding filter effectiveness in that forum. Makes common sense that a more free flowing filter would likely allow larger particles through, but Im sure the filter companies would likely say otherwise. My indie shop suggested the BMC, figured I would try it out.
Old 09-08-2022, 06:16 PM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Received 494 Likes on 357 Posts

Just like your home in which an inexpensive particle filter properly replaced and maintained will do just as good of a job as an expensive multi-faceted filter.
Old 09-10-2022, 09:45 AM
cwazyeurodrivr
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 77 Posts

No way would I put in a aftermarket filter while under my remaining factory and 3 years of CPO warranty ... don't want Porsche techs questioning anything or telling Porsche HQ and they void the warranty for somet stupid reason
George from MD (09-14-2022)

Quick Reply: BMC Replacement Air filter