Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Is this sound normal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2024, 11:55 AM
shustermeister
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

My 2019 S was having a slight clunk that I only noticed when turning at low speed and simultaneously hitting a small bump or driveway entry. Local P dealer diagnosed as fuel vent valve and want over $11k to replace the whole tank! I do not know if that is the issue as it isn't a rattle sound and it is not constant. Only hear it in very certain circumstances. They are trying to fix under goodwill and/or my Fidelity Platinum warranty, but damn, 11k sounds ludicrous to me. Hopefully they get it covered and it is really the fix needed.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:08 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,381 Likes on 1,275 Posts

Tank vent valve is a rattle, not a clunk. Check out this post by @PorscheACC . It describes an improperly torqued strut brace. Tightening the bolts fixed it. Cheap and simple fix!

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...exing-etc.html
Old 02-16-2024, 12:20 PM
shustermeister
Racer

Originally Posted by Schnave
Tank vent valve is a rattle, not a clunk. Check out this post by @PorscheACC . It describes an improperly torqued strut brace. Tightening the bolts fixed it. Cheap and simple fix!

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...exing-etc.html
Schnave thank you for the quick response and link. I challInged their diagnosis but this is what they are insisting is the cause.
of course a $5 fix with a torque wrench is not as profitable as a fuel tank replacement. Lol

Last edited by shustermeister; 02-16-2024 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:40 AM
shustermeister
Racer

Originally Posted by shustermeister
Schnave thank you for the quick response and link. I challenged their diagnosis but this is what they are insisting is the cause.
of course a $5 fix with a torque wrench is not as profitable as a fuel tank replacement. Lol
UPDATE: So my dealer and Porsche are stepping up and are replacing the fuel tank, as they are insisting they fully inspected the suspension and chassis bracing - finding that was all good and not the cause of the noise. I am hoping to get the vehicle back in another week (or two) as the part is shipping from Germany, and trying to be optimistic that it will resolve the problem.
The following users liked this post:
Schnave (02-23-2024)

Quick Reply: Is this sound normal?