Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Porsche : Please replace the 8 speed transmission with one that belongs to a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2023, 01:59 AM
ggrace
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by George from MD
I keep mine in Sport and love the tranny.....response has always been instant.
Exact same. Drive in Sport daily and love it. Switch to Sport + when I want to have fun.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (02-18-2023)
Old 09-22-2023, 02:01 PM
korny
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought a 2021 cayenne turbo s hybrid and i have exactly the same problem 3pedal describes…

the funny thing is that i had a 2019 s hybrid before and it was faster at low rpm on 1st and 2nd gear..

i try to find a solution this is not lag… i am sure Porsche did sth to the TCU programming that sucks…

if you step out of gas and fully step in very fast and let it go again nothing happens…
if you go with 20km/hour you take your foot from gas and represh it you have to wait for ages in 1st and 2nd gear…

the funny thing is that if you have low rpm 1800 at 4th gear and u step on gas the car has immediate reaction and it is a rocket!!!

Originally Posted by ggrace
Exact same. Drive in Sport daily and love it. Switch to Sport + when I want to have fun.
Old 09-22-2023, 03:25 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

My understanding is that Porsche has kept the old tiptronic in the Cayenne because the PDK won’t pull the weight the Cayenne is rated for. Having a SUV that pulls 7700 lbs without worrying about toasting the transmission is pretty amazing.
Woofman (09-28-2023)
Old 09-22-2023, 03:45 PM
korny
4th Gear

Originally Posted by MichelleJD
My understanding is that Porsche has kept the old tiptronic in the Cayenne because the PDK won’t pull the weight the Cayenne is rated for. Having a SUV that pulls 7700 lbs without worrying about toasting the transmission is pretty amazing.

you dont understand…
i cant believe that porsche made such a car at low rpm on 1st and 2nd gear… the car is dangerous when sth happens and you want to accelerate… i will send a mail to Porsche… (and believe me i had more than 10porsche in the past including gt3s and even a 991 cup)…

i am an experienced driver…
i will try to drive one more cayenne to see if it has the same issue… i believe it is a problem or sth…
Old 09-22-2023, 03:55 PM
Watson
Burning Brakes

Received 322 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by chassis
The Aisin 8-speed in the 958 was great, I drove it in a Touareg for a long time and loved the transmission.
Which engine was it in the Touareg with the Aisin 8 speed? I drove a 2013 Touareg 3.6L FSI and I was annoyed that the gearbox would downshift too often when you step a little bit too much on the gas pedal (not driving like a maniac though) - I assume it was due to the engine lack of torque (since it is a NA engine).

chassis (09-23-2023)
Old 09-23-2023, 10:51 AM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,249 Likes on 923 Posts

Originally Posted by Watson
Which engine was it in the Touareg with the Aisin 8 speed? I drove a 2013 Touareg 3.6L FSI and I was annoyed that the gearbox would downshift too often when you step a little bit too much on the gas pedal (not driving like a maniac though) - I assume it was due to the engine lack of torque (since it is a NA engine).
3.0TDI. Great engine, the emissions system was the problem. DEF system, NOx sensors, DPF, EGR all killed the engine. For the first 70k miles it was a fantastic car. Then I started pouring money into it, and kept driving it. Then VW bought it back with 238k miles for far more money than the market would have borne at that time. It was a sweet deal and great car, ignoring the emissions stuff.

I had zero complaints about how the Aisin shifted. I drove that car in the western plains, Rockies, midwest and hills of Pennsylvania, with and without towing a boat. The transmission was pure gold.
Old 09-23-2023, 02:59 PM
Vapordan
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by signes
Also the low RPM performance is absolutely not "lugging" the engine.
I see that comment a lot. It could not possibly lug the engine in automatic mode. It's why there is an automatic mode to prevent conditions like that in the first place.
Old 09-23-2023, 04:27 PM
korny
4th Gear

I found the problem… @3-Pedals

something was wrong with my dme or with the tranmission control unit… no errors no check engine nothing…

i went to porsche dealer and i asked them to reprogram my dme and my tcu.
problem solved…

no more 2sec lag at low rpms…
3-pedal (i cant msg you) i hope you see the reply… (btw if u bought the GTS used the previous owner may have modified the car with no success...)

Last edited by korny; 09-23-2023 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-23-2023, 04:38 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,411 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by korny
3-pedal (i cant msg you) i hope you see the reply…
If you want to make sure someone sees a post, you can tag them and they will get an email with a link to your post. Just type the “@“ and then their screen name.
For instance, @korny . A list will appear and the field will narrow as you type more letters. Tap the screen name to tag them.

Once you have 5 posts, you should be able to message other users.

Last edited by Schnave; 09-23-2023 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-23-2023, 05:11 PM
korny
4th Gear

thank you for your reply,

I am a very old member of rennlist.. @Nick_Athens was my id but i dont remember my password and i wanted to write to the forum so i made a new one...

Old 09-27-2023, 03:17 PM
Watson
Burning Brakes

Received 322 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by chassis
3.0TDI. Great engine, the emissions system was the problem. DEF system, NOx sensors, DPF, EGR all killed the engine. For the first 70k miles it was a fantastic car. Then I started pouring money into it, and kept driving it. Then VW bought it back with 238k miles for far more money than the market would have borne at that time. It was a sweet deal and great car, ignoring the emissions stuff.

I had zero complaints about how the Aisin shifted. I drove that car in the western plains, Rockies, midwest and hills of Pennsylvania, with and without towing a boat. The transmission was pure gold.
Thanks. I also drove the 3.0TDI in the 7P Touareg, it really suits the car. Probably one of the best TDI engine.
chassis (09-27-2023)
Old 09-28-2023, 11:18 AM
gatorfast
Pro

Received 451 Likes on 257 Posts

PDK in the Cayenne would be a game changer. From my understanding, the reason for the traditional auto is to allow for towing. As someone who has never towed anything and never will (and would assume 90%+ of Cayenne owners never would), I would gladly give up this ability for a significantly better PDK transmission.
Old 09-28-2023, 12:38 PM
Woofman
Pro

Received 479 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by gatorfast
PDK in the Cayenne would be a game changer. From my understanding, the reason for the traditional auto is to allow for towing. As someone who has never towed anything and never will (and would assume 90%+ of Cayenne owners never would), I would gladly give up this ability for a significantly better PDK transmission.
Then buy a Panamera - it has a PDK. The Panamera 4 Sport Turismo I would have ordered last summer when I got an allocation if there hadn't been constraints on features is very much like a lowered Cayenne SUV. The Panamera seemed far more fun to drive than the Cayenne but that may be because it's lower to the ground. The interiors are very similar except that the Cayenne may have a little more rear legroom.

The main plus of the Cayenne for us is the availability of the OEM receiver hitch which I use for carrying bikes at least once a week. The one provider of receiver hitches for the Panamera (Stealth) has discontinued them. I suppose the Cayenne's higher ride height is a plus for us since high-centering on snow drifts has been an issue with past vehicles - probably not a problem for you in south Florida. My wife would have preferred the Panamera for it's easy entry since she has difficulty climbing into the Cayenne. The only thing my wife likes about the Cayenne is that it cost about $30K less than a similarly equipped Panamera 4 Sport Turismo.

This reminds me to ask for a Panamera loaner the next time the Cayenne is in for service. They usually give me a Macan which also has a PDK.

Last edited by Woofman; 09-28-2023 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added "also"
The following 2 users liked this post by Woofman:
chassis (09-28-2023), MichelleJD (09-29-2023)
Old 09-29-2023, 02:53 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Woofman
Then buy a Panamera - it has a PDK. The Panamera 4 Sport Turismo I would have ordered last summer when I got an allocation if there hadn't been constraints on features is very much like a lowered Cayenne SUV. The Panamera seemed far more fun to drive than the Cayenne but that may be because it's lower to the ground. The interiors are very similar except that the Cayenne may have a little more rear legroom.

The main plus of the Cayenne for us is the availability of the OEM receiver hitch which I use for carrying bikes at least once a week. The one provider of receiver hitches for the Panamera (Stealth) has discontinued them. I suppose the Cayenne's higher ride height is a plus for us since high-centering on snow drifts has been an issue with past vehicles - probably not a problem for you in south Florida. My wife would have preferred the Panamera for it's easy entry since she has difficulty climbing into the Cayenne. The only thing my wife likes about the Cayenne is that it cost about $30K less than a similarly equipped Panamera 4 Sport Turismo.

This reminds me to ask for a Panamera loaner the next time the Cayenne is in for service. They usually give me a Macan which also has a PDK.
I only bought the Cayenne for towing. Really would rather have a Panamera.
The following 3 users liked this post by MichelleJD:
chassis (09-29-2023), pinion (10-08-2023), Woofman (09-29-2023)
Old 11-09-2023, 05:36 PM
bdronsick
Rennlist Member

Received 865 Likes on 585 Posts

The Aisin unit seems designed for the 958 diesel’s grunt. No issues in my CD whatsoever. Wouldn’t change a thing

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
First and likely only time i'll ever hear that
chassis (11-10-2023)

Quick Reply: Porsche : Please replace the 8 speed transmission with one that belongs to a Porsche