Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

All Hybrid Builds have been Delayed until at least January

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2024, 11:59 AM
swoop1156
Track Day

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

We just recently got fuel for the first time in nearly 800 miles. We take the Turbo S e-Hybrid everywhere. If we stayed in town only, which is very possible, we'd likely not need gas but for once a quarter, perhaps. This is also the '22 with less range and power than y'all's '24.

They're absolutely worth the wait.

The following 2 users liked this post by swoop1156:
mdrobc1213 (02-24-2024), rodsky (02-23-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 12:37 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 294 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Kachakacha
My car was ordered Jan 27th, freeze date Feb 1st. Car was scheduled for 26th to start production and was moved to today 23rd and has begun production.
US Hybrid? What do you show as a delivery date?
Old 02-23-2024, 01:57 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 547 Posts

Mine is scheduled to begin production 3/14.. It says my next milestone is "manufacturing is starting soon - 2/26". Scheduled to get to local port 5/7 and delivered 6/27..
Old 02-23-2024, 04:25 PM
hitmonlee
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by swoop1156
We just recently got fuel for the first time in nearly 800 miles. We take the Turbo S e-Hybrid everywhere. If we stayed in town only, which is very possible, we'd likely not need gas but for once a quarter, perhaps. This is also the '22 with less range and power than y'all's '24.

That's impressive! What kind of full electric range do you get?
Old 02-23-2024, 04:28 PM
swoop1156
Track Day

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hitmonlee
That's impressive! What kind of full electric range do you get?
We routinely get right at 27-28 miles all electric on a full charge (which is about 97%-98% due to reasons and the timer). On entirely flat terrain, I'd suspect we could probably go 30-31 miles, as we live in a very hilly and mountainous region.

(I posted a picture but I can no longer see it. If I use the desktop PC website. I can still see it when I use the mobile app, just FYI.)
The following users liked this post:
hitmonlee (02-23-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 05:35 PM
Kachakacha
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
US Hybrid? What do you show as a delivery date?
Yes US Hybrid. Ordered from Beverly Hills Porsche. It’s says June 28th but my SA says a May most likely.
Old 02-23-2024, 05:44 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kachakacha
Yes US Hybrid. Ordered from Beverly Hills Porsche. It’s says June 28th but my SA says a May most likely.
Thanks. The EPA caused hold to a 28Jun delivery date is their educated guess. Let’s hope the procedure goes smoothly and the EPA testers are in a good mood.
Old 03-04-2024, 03:14 AM
Lee74
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Initially scheduled for October, My wife finally collected her Cayenne end of last week (happy wife, happy life!).

But the next day she already had the first glitch

Electrical sound issue

My wife finally got her Cayenne last weekend, but the next day we already had the first glitch
Old 03-04-2024, 08:16 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 759 Likes on 276 Posts

Lock date of April 8, Delivery date to Porsche Austin June 27.
mdrobc1213 (03-05-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 10:41 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,540 Likes on 1,582 Posts

Originally Posted by swoop1156

We tend to stretch it a bit further....

Name:  photo105.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  270.5 KB

Last edited by Needsdecaf; 03-04-2024 at 10:42 AM.
mdrobc1213 (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 12:15 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 731 Likes on 401 Posts

Wow that's quite impressive.
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
We tend to stretch it a bit further....

Attachment 1373434
Old 03-05-2024, 01:36 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee74
Initially scheduled for October, My wife finally collected her Cayenne end of last week (happy wife, happy life!).

But the next day she already had the first glitch

Electrical sound issue

My wife finally got her Cayenne last weekend, but the next day we already had the first glitch
Sorry to hear of your problem there.
I have two questions regarding the upgraded-battery '24 Cayenne E-Hybrid that I'd like to ask of owners who already have one: (1) I don't see E-Charge in any of the YouTube review videos (infotainment screen or instrument screen); has this feature been eliminated (i.e., the ability to charge the traction battery off of the ICE)? (2) Do you have dual sun visors on each side in the front seats?
Old 03-05-2024, 05:03 AM
thecayenneguy
2nd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hey everyone,

I just picked up my brand new Cayenne Hybrid yesterday and I guess I now understand why the hybrids were delayed for so long. I placed my order in April last year and have been following this thread daily. When I spoke with the sales associate in April, I had two options: purchase a cheaper 2021/22 model hybrid or wait for the new one with a significantly improved range/battery, which was supposed to be released in August - September. Yesterday, after fully charging the battery, I conducted a test drive. Initially, it displayed an 82km range, which was promising, but after about 10 minutes of driving, the range decreased rapidly. In total, you get about a 48km range, which was quite disappointing for me because they advertised a 70-90km range, achievable perhaps only if you're driving downhill continuously. I suspect they were aware of the battery performance issues and delayed the release until the hype from videos and reviews died down, and people moved on to other new cars. I'm curious why no one has conducted a thorough range test using E-Mode only. Range Rover and BMW offer double the range at a lower price.

Another issue is the passenger display. I purchased this feature so we could watch movies on it during road trips. However, you need to set up a Wi-Fi hotspot with your mobile phone to stream because Porsche doesn't want to use its network (likely due to high data costs). But when you create that hotspot, your CarPlay support is disabled. So, you have to choose between watching a movie or using CarPlay. Netflix is not supported. Probably never will.

Aside from these issues, the car is amazing as already discussed here many times, drives well, and I'm excited for our first mountain road trip.

Would I buy it again? I dont think so.
Old 03-05-2024, 06:12 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 547 Posts

Originally Posted by thecayenneguy
Hey everyone,

I just picked up my brand new Cayenne Hybrid yesterday and I guess I now understand why the hybrids were delayed for so long. I placed my order in April last year and have been following this thread daily. When I spoke with the sales associate in April, I had two options: purchase a cheaper 2021/22 model hybrid or wait for the new one with a significantly improved range/battery, which was supposed to be released in August - September. Yesterday, after fully charging the battery, I conducted a test drive. Initially, it displayed an 82km range, which was promising, but after about 10 minutes of driving, the range decreased rapidly. In total, you get about a 48km range, which was quite disappointing for me because they advertised a 70-90km range, achievable perhaps only if you're driving downhill continuously. I suspect they were aware of the battery performance issues and delayed the release until the hype from videos and reviews died down, and people moved on to other new cars. I'm curious why no one has conducted a thorough range test using E-Mode only. Range Rover and BMW offer double the range at a lower price.

Another issue is the passenger display. I purchased this feature so we could watch movies on it during road trips. However, you need to set up a Wi-Fi hotspot with your mobile phone to stream because Porsche doesn't want to use its network (likely due to high data costs). But when you create that hotspot, your CarPlay support is disabled. So, you have to choose between watching a movie or using CarPlay. Netflix is not supported. Probably never will.

Aside from these issues, the car is amazing as already discussed here many times, drives well, and I'm excited for our first mountain road trip.

Would I buy it again? I dont think so.
That's disappointing if true - the range that is..
Old 03-05-2024, 08:07 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsky
That's disappointing if true - the range that is..
Agreed. I never saw the use of the passenger display when you could get a new iPad that could do more for less, but I’m hoping for a 40-50 mile range on electric. That said, I’m glad that the rest of the car is good.

Quick Reply: All Hybrid Builds have been Delayed until at least January