Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Can you lower a 23 Cayenne GTS w the PIWIS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2023, 04:50 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Can you lower a 23 Cayenne GTS w the PIWIS?

Just curious.

I had a lowering module in my last car, but I found I really didn't adjust it very often and left it at pretty much the same height all the time. So a one and done solution that is reversible would be great.

Can you lower a 23 Cayenne GTS with the PIWIS?

If possible, will the dealer do it? Or do you need find an independent shop?
Old 07-09-2023, 06:41 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,380 Likes on 1,274 Posts

It may be possible if the 9Y0 has a similar height calibration feature used for the last generation Cayenne. Not sure if a dealer will do it, but any Indy with a PIWIS should be willing to give it a try. Just don’t go too low; you’ll get a crappy ride. And if you keep going lower, you’ll get a chassis fault warning light.

Originally Posted by Schnave
This guy used an Autel MK808 to lower his 958.2 using the air suspension height calibration function. The Autel screen also showed a page for the current 9YO generation, but not confirmed if it actually works on 9YO.

Here’s the video showing how:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad6LX7t2XLI

Last edited by Schnave; 07-09-2023 at 06:45 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Schnave:
deputydog95 (07-11-2023), rdboxster (07-11-2023)
Old 07-09-2023, 08:07 PM
Turrrbo
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Incase PIWIS wasn’t able to do it, there are other plug and play lowering modules from Cargraphic, Renntech and KW and possibly Kufatec. Cost is around $1.5K
Old 07-11-2023, 11:18 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Turrrbo
Incase PIWIS wasn’t able to do it, there are other plug and play lowering modules from Cargraphic, Renntech and KW and possibly Kufatec. Cost is around $1.5K

I had one of those in my avant. Worked really well. However, I never really adjusted it (had several different height settings you could cycle through) after it was installed. So seemed kind of pointless to spend all that money again.
Old 07-11-2023, 03:06 PM
RON1X
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^Same and why I checked this thread. I just got a Cayenne Turbo Coupe after selling my Audi RSQ8 with the CETE lowering system. After it was installed I never played with it (it did take a little bit of leveling in the app to get it level from L to R side). I'm trying to look into a cheaper way for the Cayenne, perhaps even lowering links, although I'd much prefer to accomplish it with a simple software solution like referenced. Eager to hear updates to this
Old 07-11-2023, 03:30 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RON1X
^Same and why I checked this thread. I just got a Cayenne Turbo Coupe after selling my Audi RSQ8 with the CETE lowering system. After it was installed I never played with it (it did take a little bit of leveling in the app to get it level from L to R side). I'm trying to look into a cheaper way for the Cayenne, perhaps even lowering links, although I'd much prefer to accomplish it with a simple software solution like referenced. Eager to hear updates to this

I used the CETE module too in the Audi. Worked great, but total overkill if you're not constantly switching ride heights.
Old 07-11-2023, 04:53 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,380 Likes on 1,274 Posts

If you’re looking for a “one and done” solution, lowering links are a low-cost option. Ghost Motorsports offers a set of four Ghostlinks for $225. User @911NV posted about the installation here, stating that the total cost with installation was $500.

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...-25mm-1-a.html

The following users liked this post:
mjamesp13 (07-11-2023)
Old 11-20-2023, 02:59 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

What do you think the max you can go with the lowering links and still have a pliable ride with no rubbing. Would 30mm be out of the question?

I'm having a hard time gauging the ride height on my GTS as it seems to change when I turn the car on and off. Should I start it, put it in sport or sport plus, and get out to take measurements then? Frankly, I'm not sure when it goes up and down. My previous car would even lower itself when you exceeded a certain speed so that was really tough to gauge.

I had the CETE in a previous car, but found I rarely adjusted it, so I think I'll keep it a little more simple and considerably less expensive this go around.

Quick Reply: Can you lower a 23 Cayenne GTS w the PIWIS?