Sponsored By:

24 Cayenne stop sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2023, 09:04 PM
ambitin
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by sevasnex
Not necessarily. If bad hardware slipped through the pipeline due to negligence, or bad operations (e.g. Chinese counterfeit), it is a hardware problem. Software is built against some hardware spec. There are documented cases when used chips were installed on Boeings.
I was making a case that HW issues are usually masked by making workarounds in SW.
Old 08-09-2023, 12:13 AM
lazyace
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

I thought I caught a lucky break when getting my TGT the morning before the stop sale was announced. The Porsche God’s decided otherwise though, as hours after delivery I found a screw in my front tire that couldn’t be repaired. Of course…the new Pirelli Corsa’s are not currently available in the U.S. So, it literally was returned to the dealer and hasn’t moved since. Based on what I’m reading about the poorly sorted infotainment system and now the inability to get a tire…on top of finding out the tire sizes changed from my year old TGT to this one, meaning my nearly new snow tires won’t work, I really regret ordering this. I did so to rid myself of the regular challenges faced with my two G63’s. This new TGT has provided no relief to the brain damage associated with owning grossly over priced luxury vehicles. I expect this BS from my Ferrari’s, but not a high volume production vehicle from a large producer. As I get older, I’m becoming less tolerant of this crap…
The following 2 users liked this post by lazyace:
bzimmerman (08-09-2023), Ron.s (08-10-2023)
Old 08-09-2023, 09:26 AM
vpopx2
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

I guess those of you who got it before the stop sale won't be getting notices until late Sept. There is a published customer service phone number... Not that they will probably tell us anything ...

Exterior lighting: Lighting control module: Software

Recall date
2023-07-26
Recall no.
23V527000
Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (Porsche) is recalling certain 2024 Cayenne, Cayenne S, Cayenne Coupe, Cayenne Turbo GT, and Cayenne S Coupe vehicles. After the vehicle is turned off, the rear hazard warning lights and the parking lights may not illuminate if they are activated within 10 seconds after the gateway control unit shuts off. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment."Recall consequence
Rear hazard warning lights and parking lights that fail to illuminate can reduce the vehicle's visibility to other drivers, increasing the risk of a crash.
Recall action
Dealers will update the gateway control unit software, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed September 26, 2023. Owners may contact Porsche's customer service at 1-800-767-7243. Porsche's number for this recall is APB1.
Hide details for Exterior lighting: Lighting control module: Software
The following users liked this post:
lazyace (08-09-2023)
Old 08-09-2023, 10:11 AM
sevasnex
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 63 Posts

The thing I don't understand is why sending letters to customers so in the future (in September)? Why not to send them NOW. Does it mean the fix won't be available till September?! I saw someone posting here that week 32 is the week the fix will be available.
Old 08-09-2023, 10:13 AM
vpopx2
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

The thing I don't understand is why sending letters to customers so in the future (in September)? Why not to send them NOW. Does it mean the fix won't be available till September?! I saw someone posting here that week 32 is the week the fix will be available.
IDK, maybe they have to go through all kinds of hoops before the letters can be sent out. Most of the time recall letters are a culmination of multiple complaints and reviews. Could also be gov't red tape, but yes... still hopeful the fix is coming in the next week or so...
Old 08-09-2023, 10:55 AM
jhott66
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a Cayenne S sitting in Baltimore. Been sitting since July 16. Late May build. Was supposed to be delivered to dealer July 21. I was told yesterday: "we will get an update from Porsche next week.".
At this point I do not expect the car before September 15. I just have a bad feeling. I'm hanging in there but I know a lot of folks won't.
Old 08-09-2023, 03:25 PM
WaltB
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 67 Posts

Not week 32, week 36.

Old 08-09-2023, 05:23 PM
sevasnex
Instructor

So, is it week 32 or week 36 for EU base Cayenne?

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
Some good news:

The info I have for EU petrol cars (Base and S only, no tgt here) is: week 32. So next week. Exact date is not yet confirmed but 99% it will be next week and will not change.

Hybrid week is 34. If the base and S happen next week then I will be optimistic!
Originally Posted by WaltB
Not week 32, week 36.
Old 08-09-2023, 08:14 PM
WaltB
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 67 Posts

I don't know. What I posted was for the US market. I recommend you add a location in your profile. That would help when someone responds to you.

So, is it week 32 or week 36 for EU base Cayenne?

Last edited by WaltB; 08-09-2023 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-09-2023, 08:23 PM
24TTS
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WaltB
I don't know. What I posted was for the US market. I recommend you add a location in your profile. That would help when someone responds to you.

Any news for Turbo GT?
Old 08-09-2023, 09:05 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Hopefully, this car’s infotainment system doesn’t experience the same issues as the initial Taycans had.
Old 08-09-2023, 09:22 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,318 Likes on 724 Posts

It's tragically slow. I have little hopes that this campaign will solve that. The general response from Porsche dealers is that just the way it is and there's nothing wrong with it.
Old 08-10-2023, 08:26 AM
svinaik1
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
It's tragically slow. I have little hopes that this campaign will solve that. The general response from Porsche dealers is that just the way it is and there's nothing wrong with it.
Is there any information that Porsche is even working on this issue? All the formal details only show the hazard lights as the reason for recall / Stop Sale.

On the other hand, Hazard lights solution cannot be that complicated that Porsche is dragging feet and pushing the release to Late September.I guess the update has to involve much more than that.Since Infotainment updates are not really safety related, Porsche can hide the infotainment update under the "Hazard Light" solution without really talking about it.

I guess the worst thing about the current episode is the total lack of communication from Porsche. Really not something that I would have expected from company like Porsche, particularly after going public.
bzimmerman (08-10-2023)
Old 08-10-2023, 08:47 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 163 Posts
Wink Think of the bright side

Originally Posted by knutson99
I sold my truck on July 5th to a private party thinking I would have the new Cayenne the first week of August. I was out of town most of July. The weekly trip to Costco is a little more of a challenge in a Carrera.
You're spending less at Costco.

p.s. Not a bad problem to have.....the Carrera until the Cayenne arrives
Old 08-10-2023, 09:46 AM
sevasnex
Instructor

Originally Posted by svinaik1
Is there any information that Porsche is even working on this issue? All the formal details only show the hazard lights as the reason for recall / Stop Sale.

On the other hand, Hazard lights solution cannot be that complicated that Porsche is dragging feet and pushing the release to Late September.I guess the update has to involve much more than that.Since Infotainment updates are not really safety related, Porsche can hide the infotainment update under the "Hazard Light" solution without really talking about it.

I guess the worst thing about the current episode is the total lack of communication from Porsche. Really not something that I would have expected from company like Porsche, particularly after going public.
You have hit the nail on its head, but the other way around. From my experience, when a company goes public, it means bad news for the consumers/users, as all the top talent get their fat checks and simply leave the company. The company also instantly becomes more bureaucratic. That - mediocre left-over employees + bureaucracy - may result in poor communication we are experiencing now.

Last edited by sevasnex; 08-10-2023 at 09:48 AM.
bzimmerman (08-10-2023)

Quick Reply: 24 Cayenne stop sale