Sponsored By:

24 Cayenne stop sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2023, 02:05 PM
taxman482
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sevasnex
Yes, I'm in Europe. ~2 weeks to fix a software bug?! That seems slow even per corporate realities. What's your source of information?
I was supposed to pick my Cayenne S up last week. Dealer told me the car would be available mid-September because of lighting issue. I am in Seattle.
Old 07-31-2023, 02:19 PM
bzimmerman
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Stranded.2024 CS in Texas

Yes, I'm in Europe. ~2 weeks to fix a software bug?! That seems slow even per corporate realities. What's your source of information?
Originally Posted by vpopx2
Lucky, looks like you made it under the wire... congrats !
hearing same parking lights software issue. April order. Sat in entry port Houston waiting for parts. Delivered to Dealership July 26. Then Stop Order Software. No idea as to when they can sell. This is my 5th BTO Porsche in last 20 years. This is a dump show for the Brand
The following users liked this post:
sevasnex (07-31-2023)
Old 07-31-2023, 04:02 PM
LarryDavid11
1st Gear

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John Mclane
Dealer today tells me it's technically stop delivery, they can still sell the cars. GM hopes to have a fix next week but I would not hold my breath.
Hey all, first time poster, hope this is formatted right.. anyways I was one of the lucky ones that picked mine up just before the official stop sale (cayenne s coupe). Just thought I'd provide the info I was given from the SA.
Apparently it's an issue with the fact that the hazard lights are supposed to automatically come on in the event of a crash (ie triggered by air bag deployment). So they said as long as I was ok knowing that the hazards won't come on if I crash, I could take the car. Sounds like they knew the stop sale was coming and got approval from some (regional? supervisor) at PCNA. I think they said they had "already sold it and client already had his flight booked" so they made an exception. I guess worth a try for anyone waiting, to have their SA try to contact their regional manager type person - although may be too late to use the "we already sold it story."

Anyways, the car is simply incredible, any amount of wait will be worth it!!
The following 6 users liked this post by LarryDavid11:
911VIP (08-01-2023), bzimmerman (07-31-2023), Fahrfun (08-02-2023), gloryrd (08-01-2023), sevasnex (07-31-2023), TurboJake (07-31-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-31-2023, 04:05 PM
sevasnex
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by LarryDavid11
Hey all, first time poster, hope this is formatted right.. anyways I was one of the lucky ones that picked mine up just before the official stop sale (cayenne s coupe). Just thought I'd provide the info I was given from the SA.
Apparently it's an issue with the fact that the hazard lights are supposed to automatically come on in the event of a crash (ie triggered by air bag deployment). So they said as long as I was ok knowing that the hazards won't come on if I crash, I could take the car. Sounds like they knew the stop sale was coming and got approval from some (regional? supervisor) at PCNA. I think they said they had "already sold it and client already had his flight booked" so they made an exception. I guess worth a try for anyone waiting, to have their SA try to contact their regional manager type person - although may be too late to use the "we already sold it story."

Anyways, the car is simply incredible, any amount of wait will be worth it!!
Exactly what I thought about the issue! And it's a nonsense of an issue, IMHO. Should not prevent cars from being sold.
bzimmerman (07-31-2023)
Old 07-31-2023, 07:28 PM
canuckporsche
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

So I currently have a TGT build scheduled to start October 12. How likely are upcoming production dates like mine going to be negatively impacted by Porsche and it’s dealers implementing a fix for this hazard light issue?
Old 07-31-2023, 09:08 PM
bzimmerman
Intermediate

Exactly what I thought about the issue! And it's a nonsense of an issue, IMHO. Should not prevent cars from being sold.
thank you for feedback. Track Your Dream from Porsche was great experience but after over 20 years with Porsche cars this is destroying Brand choice. Handled very poorly and questioning integrity of my dealership.
Old 07-31-2023, 09:10 PM
WaltB
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 67 Posts

Well remember they held earlier models for not having the Burmester Amp or not having the Carbon vertical fins on the rear top spoiler. Porsche does not want to deal with any lawsuits either for safety reasons or for selling an incomplete car.
Old 07-31-2023, 10:30 PM
bzimmerman
Intermediate

Default 24 Cayenne stop sale

never had to worry about Burmeister or carbon filter heads. Very simply I order car through dealership. They accept. Goes through production. They ship it. I agree to pay based on their terms and they agree to deliver. Porsche failed me. I am unhappy. Dealership sold to Autonation 8 years ago and has never been same. As consumer have the right to be disappointed

Originally Posted by WaltB
Well remember they held earliern models for not having the Burmester Amp or not having the Carbon vertical fins on the rear top spoiler. Porsche does not want to deal with any lawsuits either for safety reasons or for selling an incomplete car.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:25 AM
Jasonamayes
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by WaltB
Jason,
Are you with a Porsche Dealership? If so, what are you seeing on the PNN infoport?

Can you verify this: Number: APB1, Campaign: Gateway SW incl. Care Package (NAR Vehicles previously WPJ5) Target date start campaign: CW36. IE- 1st week in September

Walt
yes I work at a dealership but nothing showing me dates or estimated dates unfortunately
Old 08-01-2023, 01:29 AM
bzimmerman
Intermediate

Default 24 Cayenne Stop Sale

Originally Posted by Jasonamayes
yes I work at a dealership but nothing showing me dates or estimated dates unfortunately
Thank you, once again. Porsche family since 2002 with Cayenne S. Currently have Macan S 2015 that I love and built with same add ons. I am old but bewildered how Porsche can build such beautiful machines and be so inept at communicating and delivery. I am pissed and contemplating making Macan a museum piece
Old 08-01-2023, 01:54 AM
WaltB
Rennlist Member

I never said anything about not being disappointed. I am simply stating that Porsche has done this before with both safety recalls as well as incomplete vehicles. I'm disappointed also and as much as I am not a fan of dealers either, this has nothing to do with them.
Porsche agrees to deliver what you ordered. If it is missing parts or has a safety issue, that's not what you ordered.

Originally Posted by bzimmerman
never had to worry about Burmeister or carbon filter heads. Very simply I order car through dealership. They accept. Goes through production. They ship it. I agree to pay based on their terms and they agree to deliver. Porsche failed me. I am unhappy. Dealership sold to Autonation 8 years ago and has never been same. As consumer have the right to be disappointed

Last edited by WaltB; 08-01-2023 at 01:58 AM.
Old 08-01-2023, 01:55 AM
WaltB
Rennlist Member

Are you saying your PNN Infoport does not show the estimated date for repair or that you do not have access to PNN Infoport?

Originally Posted by Jasonamayes
Old 08-01-2023, 02:52 PM
ambitin
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 40 Posts

~2 weeks to fix a software bug?! That seems slow even per corporate realities.
It seems like we're talking about firmware involving a vehicle safety feature. I'm guessing the code reviews and testing are pretty rigorous on a change like this. And though it might be self-policing, it's possible there is an administrative angle as well. If that's true, 2 weeks seems really good to me. I'm not saying I'm happy about this nonsense: I want my cool new car!

Just my .02.
sevasnex (08-01-2023)
Old 08-01-2023, 03:59 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 756 Likes on 384 Posts

Just got a text 10 minutes ago from my sales agent. 5-6 weeks to reprogram the recall on the 2024 Cayenne S. It's sitting at the dealer and has been for 10 days now. I should have showed up the day it got here and paid and drove it home.
bobblehead (08-01-2023)
Old 08-01-2023, 04:03 PM
TurboJake
Advanced

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
Just got a text 10 minutes ago from my sales agent. 5-6 weeks to reprogram the recall on the 2024 Cayenne S. It's sitting at the dealer and has been for 10 days now. I should have showed up the day it got here and paid and drove it home.
I’m not surprised. I figured something safety related like this would be a 2 month wait at least. Huge bummer.

Quick Reply: 24 Cayenne stop sale