Sponsored By:

24 Cayenne stop sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2023, 03:56 PM
cervino13
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by svinaik1
My dealer has actually received the Cayenne. They have sent me the photos too. My car will be registered in Florida ( Dealer is taking care of that) so that is going to take few days. I fully expect your car to be not too far behind. You should be getting update very shortly too.

I tried uploading the photo but it got "Attached" as an attachment. If I figure out how to upload a photo in the posting, I will do that right away.

congrats on the news hopefully you get it asap! Enjoy the hell out of it.
Old 08-27-2023, 03:57 PM
svinaik1
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by StuggiBoy
Great news. Did your TYD date change as well? Mine is still 9/27. Hope I'll get the same news from my dealer (Manhattan) tomorrow.
My TYD is still showing delivery on 09/26. I think TYD is not useful at this point. It probably does not get updated. You should be getting your car shortly too as I cannot imagine any reason why the Davisville backlog is not clearing fast now that we have my example of updates completed.

The following users liked this post:
StuggiBoy (08-27-2023)
Old 08-27-2023, 04:01 PM
StuggiBoy
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My TYD is still showing delivery on 09/26. I think TYD is not useful at this point. It probably does not get updated. You should be getting your car shortly too as I cannot imagine any reason why the Davisville backlog is not clearing fast now that we have my example of updates completed.
Thanks for sharing again! Hope you'll get your car soon!!!
Old 08-27-2023, 05:06 PM
dmourati
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Congratulations.
Any additional details will be useful. Was your vehicle stuck at port ? how long was it at port or at dealer lot ?
Thanks
It was indeed stuck at stuck at port in Benicia, CA for about 3 weeks. TYD told me Thursday it was en route to dealer. I got a call and emaill from the dealer on Saturday morning and went and got it Saturday afternoon.

TYD still shows it at the port.
Old 08-28-2023, 10:23 AM
svinaik1
Advanced

Folks

Just FYI, my TYD also got updated to "Enroute to Dealer" even though the car has already reached the dealer. I will be picking it up as soon as registration is completed. I am also getting XPEL stealth full wrap (after seeing DubDub 12's car). Will share the pics once done.

Best wishes to all of you for getting your dream cayenne soonest.

Last edited by svinaik1; 08-28-2023 at 10:25 AM.
DubDub12 (08-28-2023)
Old 08-28-2023, 10:30 AM
vpopx2
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Ho
Only have it a day but I have played with it plenty!! I have not had any issues at all working with the interface. Of interesting note..... Porsche cutting corners.... something you would not notice is that they removed the standard door puddle lights. Now its just a plastic reflector.
Yeah, which is why I ordered the puddle light option... looks better with the logo anyway...
Old 08-28-2023, 10:32 AM
SR74
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 20 Posts

Folks

Just FYI, my TYD also got updated to "Enroute to Dealer" even though the car has already reached the dealer. I will be picking it up as soon as registration is completed. I am also getting XPEL stealth full wrap (after seeing DubDub 12's car). Will share the pics once done.

Best wishes to all of you for getting your dream cayenne soonest.
Very exciting! What color is yours? I have an Algarve Blue TGT that hit port at the end of last week in Houston. TYD updated today to show it's in Houston, and says it should ship to the dealership Aug 31 (I'm not 100% believing that transport date). I'm trying to decide if I want want Ultimate or Stealth wrap. I love the stealth look of DubDub12's but the glossy look is so nice, too! Guess I'll decide after it gets here and I get to see it in person.
DubDub12 (08-28-2023)
Old 08-28-2023, 11:12 AM
svinaik1
Advanced

Originally Posted by SR74
Very exciting! What color is yours? I have an Algarve Blue TGT that hit port at the end of last week in Houston. TYD updated today to show it's in Houston, and says it should ship to the dealership Aug 31 (I'm not 100% believing that transport date). I'm trying to decide if I want want Ultimate or Stealth wrap. I love the stealth look of DubDub12's but the glossy look is so nice, too! Guess I'll decide after it gets here and I get to see it in person.
My car is Quartzite Grey.
The following 2 users liked this post by svinaik1:
Obelix13 (08-28-2023), SR74 (08-28-2023)
Old 08-28-2023, 12:46 PM
ambitin
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 40 Posts

Picked up my wife’s 2024 CS in Houston on Saturday, 8/26.
  • deposit paid in feb
  • ordered first day possible in march
  • arrived in port of Houston late june
  • at dealership in late July (missed picking it up because I was out of town)
  • stop sale, womp womp
  • delivery 8/26

My SA was great the entire time. The delay sucked but we have her car now so my wife’s happy.

The car is great and I’m loving Burmester. Two major flaws right now, hopefully addressable over time with updates:
  • the homelink functionality is inaccessible when in reverse (screen obscured by reverse camera). I hate that I can’t close my garage door until I’m driving down the street and the house is almost out of view.
  • the heads up display configuration is woefully broken. You create a custom view and it’s gone the next time you start the car.

Hopefully the updates come fast and furious!

I want to line up with her at a stop light against my 2019 hybrid Cayenne for a race. We both have sport chrono and the cars feel similar off the line. Her’s sounds much better
The following 2 users liked this post by ambitin:
Fahrfun (08-28-2023), SR74 (08-28-2023)
Old 08-28-2023, 02:38 PM
Mike Ho
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Agreed on the Homelink/backup camera issue. My work around has been to pull out of garage - put car in park for asecond to bring back up homelink - then reverse with camera again. Pain in the Axx but not the end of the world.
Old 08-28-2023, 02:54 PM
WaltB
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
Congrats! Wow - great looking Cayenne - sorry for dumb question - but what color is that?
Arctic Grey with Sea Blue Wheels and interior.
Old 08-28-2023, 03:25 PM
sevasnex
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 63 Posts

Picked it up today! Still can't believe it's mine.
Got some freebies: Porsche Crest keyrings (for two keys), and a silicone form for ice. Paid for the floor mats.

The following 4 users liked this post by sevasnex:
milo993 (08-28-2023), nperryman (08-28-2023), SR74 (08-28-2023), svinaik1 (08-28-2023)
Old 08-28-2023, 05:37 PM
Sammersam
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Totally agree on the Homelink...whoever designed the car that way probably doesn't park in a garage. Not a big deal. I just put my old garage clicker in the car.

The other issue I have just learned is that you can't save individual settings like you could do in prior years. On my prior Cayennes I would have the drive in normal and chassis in sport and when I turned on the car, I would turn the **** to the right and it would automatically go to those settings and turn off the on/off part. Now you have to go on to the screen, hit vehicle and chose the drive mode and chassis mode.

Are these things supposed to be improvements??? Totally disappointed.

Last edited by Sammersam; 08-28-2023 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-28-2023, 05:46 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 333 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Sammersam
Totally agree on the Homelink...whoever designed the car that way probably doesn't park in a garage. Not a big deal. I just put my old garage clicker in the car.

The other issue I have just learned is that you can't save individual settings like you could do in prior years. On my prior Cayennes I would have the drive in normal and chassis in sport and when I turned on the car, I would turn the **** to the right and it would automatically go to those settings and turn off the on/off part. Now you have to go on to the screen, hit vehicle and chose the drive mode and chassis mode.

Are these things supposed to be improvements??? Totally disappointed.
You don't have a mode selector on the steering wheel? IIRC, that was part of the sport chrono package in the prior generation Porsches. But I thought it was standard with most or all the current gen Porsche models, including Cayennes. I see it in the TYD photos of my Cayenne S.
Old 08-28-2023, 05:51 PM
Sammersam
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

I do have a mode selector on the steering wheel. However, you can only select sport drive which shuts off the "on/off", you can't select sport chassis by itself which I could do on my prior Cayennes. I don't like driving in sport drive because it uses more gas and just doesn't seem smooth.

Quick Reply: 24 Cayenne stop sale