Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Help: New to Porsche & buying 2020 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2023, 04:19 PM
CaptBrap
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How can you tell when a Cayenne has Comfort Access from an internet ad/pictures?
Old 08-28-2023, 04:22 PM
CaptBrap
AutoX

Although interesting, were not buying a hybrid. We have a Tesla and that's enough batteries in the garage.
Old 08-28-2023, 04:42 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,249 Likes on 923 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptBrap
How can you tell when a Cayenne has Comfort Access from an internet ad/pictures?
Small indentation in each door handle.
Old 08-28-2023, 04:44 PM
CaptBrap
AutoX

Originally Posted by chassis
Small indentation in each door handle.
I really like the Dolomite silver. Is it a traditional silver or does it have blue tones?
The following users liked this post:
chassis (08-28-2023)
Old 08-28-2023, 04:47 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LDT
Hahahahahahahaha. No.
LDT (08-28-2023)
Old 08-28-2023, 05:38 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,249 Likes on 923 Posts

I really like the Dolomite silver. Is it a traditional silver or does it have blue tones?
Thanks. It has blue tones. If you have ever been to the Dolomites in Italy, it truly looks like the color of the mountains there. We have vacationed there twice and it is wonderful.

Dolomite Silver metallic is a neutral silver in full, bright direct sunlight. It gleams. In all other lighting conditions (shade, overcast) it has blue tones. A better color imo than Rhodium Silver and on par with the excellent 911 color GT Silver.
Old 08-28-2023, 11:10 PM
Skimo612
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Check the Carfax for service history. Spark Plugs and brakes and tires are expensive. Consider driving or flying for a CPO model with two year warranty. You are not far off with price. Use the Porsche used car finder on their national site. Select your criteria (Base, 2020, and a 500 mile range.).

if you want to buy from an off-brand dealer, consider a warranty with Fidelity.
chassis (08-28-2023)
Old 08-29-2023, 06:28 AM
acho7
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Likely buying a 2020 base model for my wife. Most Porsche buyers are very deliberate so I don't want to purchase one that has the "wrong" options or has been modified.
Using the links below in order of 1, 2 and 3 does anything raise red flags?
Wife doesn't care about performance, she likes the look and size of the car and just wants a few safety features I know the car has and wants ventilated seats.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

I have a black 2020 for sale on Autotrader.
Old 08-29-2023, 10:51 AM
CaptBrap
AutoX

Originally Posted by Skimo612
Check the Carfax for service history. Spark Plugs and brakes and tires are expensive. Consider driving or flying for a CPO model with two year warranty. You are not far off with price. Use the Porsche used car finder on their national site. Select your criteria (Base, 2020, and a 500 mile range.).

if you want to buy from an off-brand dealer, consider a warranty with Fidelity.
Thank you for that input it's very meaningful.
The reason I'm buying a Porsche is they are known for their reliability, at least that's my impression of years of interactions with 911s. So, if anyone disagrees and says the Cayenne isn't a reliable car then it's off my list. I've probably owned 50 cars in my life and the highest repair bill I've ever paid out of pocket was $625. At the first sign or any real problem on an out of warranty car I sell it immediately, which I've only had to do once.
chassis (08-29-2023)
Old 08-29-2023, 10:54 AM
CaptBrap
AutoX

Originally Posted by acho7
I have a black 2020 for sale on Autotrader.
Thanks, but I'm only shopping for white, silver or charcoal. I was a professional detailer years ago and in our world black exterior isn't a color, it's a hobby.
Old 08-29-2023, 11:03 AM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Received 504 Likes on 363 Posts

Thank you for that input it's very meaningful.
I've probably owned 50 cars in my life and the highest repair bill I've ever paid out of pocket was $625. At the first sign or any real problem on an out of warranty car I sell it immediately, which I've only had to do once.
Id say you’re shopping the wrong brand given that you’re shopping a four year old vehicle that’s likely to be out of warranty. For starters research the issue with the lithium battery. You’ll find reams of info on this forum. Ain’t nothing inexpensive about a Porsche or any German brand especially when it’s out of warranty.
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...e-battery.html

Last edited by LDT; 08-29-2023 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-29-2023, 12:22 PM
CaptBrap
AutoX

Originally Posted by LDT
Id say you’re shopping the wrong brand given that you’re shopping a four year old vehicle that’s likely to be out of warranty. For starters research the issue with the lithium battery. You’ll find reams of info on this forum. Ain’t nothing inexpensive about a Porsche or any German brand especially when it’s out of warranty.
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...e-battery.html
I've owned BMW, MB, Audi and VW and only one gave me problems, which I inherited when I married my wife and that car was sold immediately. Scheduled maintenance doesn't bother me, whether it's dealer or specialized mechanic and since the car won't be driven more than 5K per year I'm not overly concerned.
I've read many other threads that were commented on by Rennlist experts like Chassis, Schnave and John McLane who were kind enough to guide me as you have, thank you all. I'm assuming like any other battery the Lion will have a DOB which will be a top priority check for me and if I have issues I'll be hitting up Schnave since he's a Lion encyclopedia.
chassis (08-29-2023)

Quick Reply: Help: New to Porsche & buying 2020 Cayenne