Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My 2024 E Hybrid - (it’s pretty rubbish)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2023, 03:28 AM
T16ole
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts
Default My 2024 E Hybrid - (it’s pretty rubbish)

My 2024 E Hybrid arrived yesterday…I’m not happy with it at all.

What doesn’t help is that on the same day of collection it’s back with the dealer with software issues, as InnoDrive is missing. Dispute spec’ing it. They kindly put me in a loaner E Hybrid whilst it’s looked into.

It certainty doesn’t feel anywhere near 470hp. I didn’t spec the sports exhaust. It sounds like a 4cylinder, there’s not even a nice v6 undertone and totally lacks character.

In EV mode, there’s nowhere near enough power to commute and the ice is constantly kicking in
and out.

The whole powertrain feels clunky, frustrating and dimwitted.

The calibration of the brake pedal just feels unfinished, it’s jerky and inconsistent. You also get the sensation similar to that when the abs kicks in.

The armrest also slides back and forth with the slightest of touch when you brake or accelerate. Which is irritating.

Certainly not what I was expecting or hoping for.

I’m also not convinced that the PDCC is working.

It has the distinct whiff of being an unfinished test mule and not what you would expect from a new £100k+ Porsche.

Last edited by T16ole; 09-28-2023 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-28-2023, 05:25 AM
rajatparihar
Racer

Received 155 Likes on 109 Posts

Drive it for few hundred kms and then see if things gets settled down a bit. Although when I collected my MY23 eHybrid new from showroom I didn't face any of the issues you listed there. All the best.

Last edited by rajatparihar; 09-28-2023 at 06:50 AM.
Old 09-28-2023, 06:49 AM
niko78
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Missing option and wrong software 2024 v6 353PS

Hello, my 353 ps Cayenne coupe has steering problems, maybe the problem is in the rear wheels turning, the steering wheel is quite heavy than normal when maneuvering and it is quite dynamic when avoiding an obstacle on the road, it is downright risky and the PDCC does not work as described ,when cornering my body moves quite freely on the seat. I have tried a Cayenne with such extras and I know very well what to expect, there is a problem in this car but it is unprovable. The bad thing is that no error is displayed and especially the testers computers in the Porsche workshop cannot do the necessary tests and calibration of different options in the car. The car is a fairly new model and it is still not possible to test the systems in the car in a Porsche workshop to see if they are working normally, for example the test starts but nothing happens, the option itself is unrecognizable by the tester of the workshop. My front grille on the Bumper does not close at all which is a problem, on the freeway a bird can get in, the steering wheel is very heavy, the Innodrive does not function properly, the Active Line Keeping is not installed in the car at all. The PDCC is not felt and there is no dashboard menu to see how it works. To tell you the truth, I'm a little disappointed with the Porsche service
Old 09-28-2023, 07:00 AM
niko78
Intermediate

Hi, I'm in the same situation, Problem with software , problem with the recognition of the options in the car by the Tester computer of the Porsche workshop. The options physically exist but the car software does not recognize them. It is not unacceptable for this class of car. The service engineer explains to me that innoddrive may not work for my country, Bulgaria. I wrote a letter to Porsche and asked them why they took money from me and why they even offer it in Bulgaria, but I still haven't received an answer. PDCC is not felt at all, the car leans in the turns and my body moves on the seat. And the steering wheel is very heavy when maneuvering, my wife turns it very hard with both hands when maneuvering at low speed when leaving the garage or parking. Our Mercedes GLE450 is straight from the top, the steering wheel is so light, it doesn't oversteer, it's a great car and we'll obviously be driving it for a long time.
Old 09-28-2023, 07:10 AM
niko78
Intermediate

the service engineer did a few tests with their computer but the car is still new and their computers cannot do tests on the options to see if they are functioning properly or if they are even installed in the car. The bad thing is that there is no light anywhere on the dashboard with which they wash their hands of responsibility for a problem and this cannot be proven. But the most important thing is that the Porsche service check testers can't check the systems. They told me that Porsche will be contacted to supply them with new computers, but when that will happen is unknown, and that's why I'm already selling my car. I don't want to own and drive a pre-production car with manipulated software in order not to prove the lack of equipment on the car with which I feel lied to by Porsche.
Old 09-28-2023, 07:35 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 762 Likes on 279 Posts

Wow, what a disaster.
Old 09-28-2023, 12:17 PM
alvav
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Did you ever test drive an e-hybrid? Kinda strange if you didn't (at this price). Love mine.
The following users liked this post:
MichelleJD (09-29-2023)
Old 09-28-2023, 01:02 PM
Gotil83
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by alvav
Did you ever test drive an e-hybrid? Kinda strange if you didn't (at this price). Love mine.
I don't think is strange at all. In Canada, we have no S model, no e hybrid on lot. Just base. All we can test drive is the base model. So either you can wait for who know how long to test drive or you can put in a allocation months ago and drive it now.
Same with different car brands, with the shortages is impossible to test drive even a Toyota before you buy
The following users liked this post:
ambitin (09-28-2023)
Old 09-28-2023, 01:17 PM
mattsrs
Pro

Received 183 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Patriot
Wow, what a disaster.
Originally Posted by Gotil83
I don't think is strange at all. In Canada, we have no S model, no e hybrid on lot. Just base. All we can test drive is the base model. So either you can wait for who know how long to test drive or you can put in a allocation months ago and drive it now.
Same with different car brands, with the shortages is impossible to test drive even a Toyota before you buy
Yea I hear you but I learnt this lesson the hard way to never buy a car without extensively test driving one even if it means I have to wait much longer
Old 09-28-2023, 03:18 PM
T16ole
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

I’ve since charged the battery. Which makes a massive difference (who’d have thought) to the power it produces before the ice kicks in.

I commuted 20mins in pure EV and it was really quite nice.

Perhaps I judged it unfairly from being frustrating with it having to go back into the dealer on day 1

Last edited by T16ole; 09-28-2023 at 03:36 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by T16ole:
alvav (09-29-2023), mgx1020 (09-28-2023), nkhalidi (10-08-2023)
Old 09-28-2023, 03:46 PM
Gotil83
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by T16ole
I’ve since charged the battery. Which makes a massive difference (who’d have thought) to the power it produces before the ice kicks in.

I commuted 20mins in pure EV and it was really quite nice.

Perhaps I judged it unfairly from being frustrating with it having to go back into the dealer on day 1
I am glad you provide the update. Please update us on the brake feel too if it improves or worst.
Old 09-28-2023, 03:56 PM
kanien
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Can you try Hybrid Mode to see how it feels?
Old 09-29-2023, 04:12 AM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 513 Likes on 327 Posts

Please let us know. I also have some doubts - after I heard the V8 - but our decision could not be that bad - I hope

If it is really that bad I guess we can probably sell it within 6 months and loose nothing.
Old 09-29-2023, 09:16 AM
mattsrs
Pro

Received 183 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
Please let us know. I also have some doubts - after I heard the V8 - but our decision could not be that bad - I hope

If it is really that bad I guess we can probably sell it within 6 months and loose nothing.
How would you lose nothing? These are not rare cars. The dealer near me hast 30 2024 Cayenne in stock from all trims (except e-hybrid since not in the US yet)
Old 09-29-2023, 11:36 AM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 513 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by mattsrs
How would you lose nothing? These are not rare cars. The dealer near me hast 30 2024 Cayenne in stock from all trims (except e-hybrid since not in the US yet)
30 cars in stock from orders as specified to deliver to customers after he updates them. If a customer orders now then it is a 6-8 month wait.

I agree that it is surely not a rare car at all but at the current crazy market and people that do not want to wait you can probably sell it with very little loss or no loss at all even with a 4-5k miles. I might be wrong of course.

Quick Reply: My 2024 E Hybrid - (it’s pretty rubbish)