Sponsored By:

First Porsche - CPO 2021 Cayenne S | Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2023, 03:38 PM
crimsonlions89
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First Porsche - CPO 2021 Cayenne S | Feedback

Hey everyone - excited to join the community.

I am about to pull the trigger on a 2021 Cayenne S that is CPO'd. It roughly has ~25k miles, premium plus package, is a color that I like - but no 21-inch wheels, no air suspension, no leather, and no surround view. The price is ~73k (pre-tax). Looking at some of the comparable vehicles out there, I think the price is about in-line - maybe a tad higher. But curious for the longer-term members here whether that sounds right.

I could splurge for a new Cayenne S but to get the thing fully optioned out is probably closer to 120k - that just doesn't feel like "good value" (I'd frankly rather use the excess ~40-50k savings and put towards a future used Cayman or 911). Does the price sound reasonable? TYIA
The following users liked this post:
chassis (12-21-2023)
Old 12-21-2023, 03:55 PM
i386_64
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by crimsonlions89

I am about to pull the trigger on a 2021 Cayenne S that is CPO'd. It roughly has ~25k miles, premium plus package, is a color that I like - but no 21-inch wheels, no air suspension, no leather, and no surround view. The price is ~73k (pre-tax). Looking at some of the comparable vehicles out there, I think the price is about in-line - maybe a tad higher. But curious for the longer-term members here whether that sounds right.

I could splurge for a new Cayenne S but to get the thing fully optioned out is probably closer to 120k - that just doesn't feel like "good value" (I'd frankly rather use the excess ~40-50k savings and put towards a future used Cayman or 911). Does the price sound reasonable? TYIA
I'm not a long-term owner indeed, but my two cents would be going for a 2020 Cayenne. There you can find better optioned cars, most of the things I admire about it are optional equipment. Air sus looks really good, PASM adds sportive flavour, RAS is something you feel every time you steer and it's amazing. Leather option brings the car to an acceptable level of luxury. PSE adds excitement to these fruity engines. I don't know how it is in US but 360 camera is a must have option in Europe. 20" wheels could look small, would at least get 21".

You should be easily able to reach those options by one year going backwards, though I don't know the US market precisely.
Old 12-21-2023, 03:58 PM
crimsonlions89
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! Yes - I should have looked at the 2020's earlier, but for some reason I anchored myself into looking at 2021 and newer. I'm supposed to pick up the car this weekend! Agonizing decision whether to pick this one up now or wait until early next year!...
Old 12-21-2023, 05:54 PM
hitmonlee
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 44 Posts

+1 on keep looking. No need to settle especially it sounds like all you like about the car is the color?
Old 12-21-2023, 06:07 PM
OMTarga4S
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

https://www.porschesouthshore.com/certified/Porsche/2021-Porsche-Cayenne-defb356b0a0e087f3e314f7602dbcfee.htm

This one has all the options you mentioned were missing.

Last edited by OMTarga4S; 12-21-2023 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-21-2023, 06:51 PM
David0413
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

I'd go for a 2022 with the updated infotainment instead, especially if you have an Android phone. 2nd prices don't vary that much based on options so finding one with full leather, 21 inch wheels, surround view and ACC shouldn't be too hard. I've definitely regretted not having certain options I wanted because I took something on the lot immediately in the past and I think you might too.
Old 12-21-2023, 07:21 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,247 Likes on 921 Posts

Sounds a bit high but I am not actively in the market. The price doesn’t sound exorbitant.

If the car scratches your itch, go for it. Getting a heavily optioned car is a fun part about going CPO. This would argue towards waiting to find something with more equipment. But if you are happy, it’s your call. The fundamental platform is good and you will like the 2.9TTV6. I do.
Old 12-29-2023, 10:54 AM
craig001
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

If you are questioning the purchase of this then I would say keep looking and be willing to travel. If you find something that interests you post a request for a Rennfax and probably a Rennlister in the area can stop and take a look at it for you. Make a list of what you consider a top priority and work your way down. It takes time for sure, but you will be happier in the long run. Trying to add options after the fact is a real PITA and pricey. When I got my '19 I got most of what I considered top line for me. Had to settle for Moonlight Blue Pearl as opposed to Biscaye Blue but that was about it. Use the finder on the Porsche website and Cargurus to help you search. You are going to drop a chunk of change so you might as well be happy

Last edited by craig001; 12-29-2023 at 10:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (12-29-2023)

Quick Reply: First Porsche - CPO 2021 Cayenne S | Feedback