Sponsored By:

Question about OEM front license bracket

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2023, 10:33 PM
eohx21
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about OEM front license bracket

Hi all, recently purchased a pre owned 2019 cayenne and it does not have front plate bracket drilled into the bumper. I will sadly need front plates. My question is if anyone knew the difference between the two OEM front plate bracket part numbers below. Both seem compatible with 2019 cayenne, and look similar as well. Not sure which one to buy online. Thank you

9Y0-807-287-AE-OK1

9Y0-807-287-AC
Old 12-29-2023, 10:47 AM
craig001
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Get a Sly Bracket kit with leveler add-on. No drilling involved and easy installation. Here in Missouri front plates are required but I see tons of folks running without them.
. .
Old 12-29-2023, 01:24 PM
Optimistic
AutoX

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Could also check out StoNSho.com.
The following users liked this post:
Tedster (01-02-2024)
Old 12-29-2023, 01:40 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 312 Likes on 231 Posts

my 2024 came w a front plate holder. dealer asked me if i wanted them to drill holes in the bumper to install it. i said no. i am just not installing a front plate despite the requirement. if i get stopped i will just tell them, i see run down car after run down car after car with no plates at all and no registration. and run down camper after run down camper and run down van after run down van - all NO PLATES AND NO REGISTRATION. we have armed guards in our grocery stores and our atm machines shut down at night. so long as it appears to me anybody that is poor or homeless can do what they want, then I’m going to do what i want on this one small front - at least i paid my registration. they ticket me i will appeal to the judge, and call the news and give them my case number and really press. may do me no good, but i am done w the foolishness.
Old 12-29-2023, 02:40 PM
Shuga
Rennlist Member

Received 645 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
my 2024 came w a front plate holder. dealer asked me if i wanted them to drill holes in the bumper to install it. i said no. i am just not installing a front plate despite the requirement. if i get stopped i will just tell them, i see run down car after run down car after car with no plates at all and no registration. and run down camper after run down camper and run down van after run down van - all NO PLATES AND NO REGISTRATION. we have armed guards in our grocery stores and our atm machines shut down at night. so long as it appears to me anybody that is poor or homeless can do what they want, then I’m going to do what i want on this one small front - at least i paid my registration. they ticket me i will appeal to the judge, and call the news and give them my case number and really press. may do me no good, but i am done w the foolishness.
Yeah, 100% will get a ticket going the " Everyone else is committing worse crimes then me" act. No one sympathies with a Porsche owner.... It's better to go the " Oh the dealer must have forgotten to install it, I'll make sure that I have it put on"
The following 2 users liked this post by Shuga:
Tedster (01-02-2024), ThomasWShea (12-31-2023)
Old 12-29-2023, 02:41 PM
Shuga
Rennlist Member

Just don't run a front plate. Or if you have to go the towhook route
The following users liked this post:
Tedster (01-02-2024)
Old 12-29-2023, 03:07 PM
Optimistic
AutoX

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Shuga
Yeah, 100% will get a ticket going the " Everyone else is committing worse crimes then me" act. No one sympathies with a Porsche owner.... It's better to go the " Oh the dealer must have forgotten to install it, I'll make sure that I have it put on"
Or “Oh, I took it off when I washed the car and must have forgotten to put it back on”…[pull removable plate out of trunk and put it on].
The following 2 users liked this post by Optimistic:
MnRiverman (01-02-2024), ThomasWShea (12-31-2023)
Old 12-29-2023, 07:00 PM
Shuga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Optimistic
Or “Oh, I took it off when I washed the car and must have forgotten to put it back on”…[pull removable plate out of trunk and put it on].
yes, Shows that you're sorry and ready to fix on site. Vs "Look at what everyone else is doing
The following 2 users liked this post by Shuga:
Optimistic (12-29-2023), ThomasWShea (12-31-2023)
Old 12-31-2023, 12:29 PM
BergGt3
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts

My state “requires” it but I’ve never run one and will never.
The following 2 users liked this post by BergGt3:
LDT (01-01-2024), ThomasWShea (12-31-2023)
Old 12-31-2023, 04:31 PM
matthewr87
Racer

Received 251 Likes on 166 Posts

On the Cayenne I didn't care so I just had the dealership install the OEM front license bracket. I do not know the part number unfortunately. I didn't want to drill the bumper on my GT350 so I went with a mount that squeezes onto the lower grille. There are plenty of no drill options out there, including ones for the tow hook mount. Front plates are required here in Maryland and I run them for the simple reason that I want to minimize the chances of any interaction with the cops.
Old 12-31-2023, 05:00 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

No one sympathies with a Porsche owner....
yes i have noticed this and i am not surprised by this - part of why i am always trying to be really friendly when i'm out and about and say hi and wave to everyone in parking lots. we have had a few young guys want to check out the car and talk porsche, but mostly we see scowls. because i am super friendly and talking with everyone all the store workers and security people know me, which is nice and I assume there is unspoken benefits to them seeing the car and knowing "oh Thomas must be shopping today" instead of it being some nameless vehicle.

Last edited by ThomasWShea; 12-31-2023 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-01-2024, 11:47 AM
Shuga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
because i am super friendly and talking with everyone all the store workers and security people know me, which is nice and I assume there is unspoken benefits to them seeing the car and knowing "oh Thomas must be shopping today" instead of it being some nameless vehicle.
Ugh being overly friendly sounds like hell lmaooo.

It's not the workers I'd worry about, it's those lower class people with shopping carts. When I had my BMW Years ago, someone ramped a shopping cart into it for no reason. It was parked at the end of the lot near no one. Another time someone keyed my first Gen Cayenne at Trader Joes.
Old 01-01-2024, 10:13 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Ugh being overly friendly sounds like hell lmaooo.

It's not the workers I'd worry about, it's those lower class people with shopping carts. When I had my BMW Years ago, someone ramped a shopping cart into it for no reason. It was parked at the end of the lot near no one. Another time someone keyed my first Gen Cayenne at Trader Joes.
that sucks...a lot of the time my girlfriend stays in the car as junk yard dog. she's latina and can be very fiery...i always wonder if i'm going to come out one day and see her with some other chick in a head lock.

Quick Reply: Question about OEM front license bracket