(Yet Another) Wheel Swap Thread - eBay Replicas / Strange Offset

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 01:31 PM
swoop1156
Track Day

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default (Yet Another) Wheel Swap Thread - eBay Replicas / Strange Offset

Greetings!

Third post from a long-time lurker. I normally try to stay in the back shadows reading and utilizing the search function to get answers from questions already asked. However, I cannot find the answer to this specific conundrum that I have come across.

I have a 2022 Cayenne Turbo S e-hybrid. It came equipped with the 22" 911 Turbo Design wheels and the PCCB. Specs are the following:

285/35ZR22 10Jx22 ET48 (with an acceptable range between 46 - 50)
315/30ZR22 11.5Jx22 ET61 (with an acceptable range between 59 - 63)

I want to go to a 21" wheel to have a better tire selection for the colder months where I'm located. These 22" Pirelli Scorpions are a bit slippery, akin to driving my Mustang with Michelin PS4Ss. That said, I see listings on eBay for replica/aftermarket wheels that, according to their detailed description, are a perfect fit for the Cayenne SUV. However, the offsets for the eBay replica 21" wheels are 9.5Jx21 ET50 for the front and 11Jx21 ET60 for the rear. According to Porsche and multiple threads here on Rennlist, OEM 21" wheels are the following:

9.5Jx21 ET46 (with an acceptable range between 44 - 48) and 11.5Jx21 ET58 (with an acceptable range between 56 - 60).

That said, I'm presumably good out back being that they're an ET60 and that's within specifications (I'll be running a 325/30R21 (ND0 spec - Porsche Panamera). My concern is up front, where I'm outside of specifications by +2mm inset/inward, being ET50 instead of between ET44-48. Sure, 2mm is not that much, though I understand that there's not that much clearance to be had. I do plan to size down just a bit in the front to a 275/35R21 (ND0 spec - Porsche Panamera), which Tire Tack measured on a 9.5" wheel (9"-11" range). Those measure out to be within 0.34% from one another whereas the OEM 22" sizes spec out to be 1.38% from one another, so I figure I won't have any issues with the AWD system.

I've emailed the eBay seller and they've assured me that they'll fit wonderfully and there would be no issues. I'm not at all inclined to trust them, but I do trust this community here at Rennlist. I apologize for creating yet another thread regarding offsets and issues, though I couldn't find anyone either running these replica wheels, or wheels from another manufacturer with the same numbers.

Does anyone here have any technical advice? Can I jump on these wheels from eBay, get the tires, mount them up, have a cold weather set, and switch back to the OEM 22s in the summer?

Link to wheels in question.

I'm also considering/asking if I can run 9.5Jx21 ET46 on all four corners. With that tire size, I'd go to a 285/40R21, which is the OEM front tire size. Not an "N-Spec", though I'm alright with that for the second set. Doing the calculations, I should be fine front and rear since the front is right on, and the rear will just be moved outward more, though I'm losing width which is inward anyway. No size difference to contend with regarding AWD systems or other sensors. All this with the added benefit of being able to rotate the tires.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-12-2024, 01:59 PM
retom
Racer

Received 272 Likes on 167 Posts

Here is a good tire calculator. You can play with all wheels sizes and you will find all the changes made by not OEM sizes: https://www.wheel-size.com/size/pors...2/#region-eudm

Last edited by retom; 01-12-2024 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-12-2024, 02:00 PM
swoop1156
Track Day

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by retom
Here is a good tire calculator. You can play with all wheels sizes and you will find all the changes made by not OEM sizes: heel-size.com/size/porsche/cayenne/2022/#region-eudm
That's where I got all of the information I posted above, as well as Rennlist. This is all for stock/OEM sizing. Also you missed the "w" on wheel and threw me for a loop!

Oh wow, looks like there's a whole crazy calculator I never saw before. It's asking for fender clearance numbers and those, I do not know. Pretty advanced, though! I'll play around a bit.

Last edited by swoop1156; 01-12-2024 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Carlos@mrrwheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by swoop1156
Greetings!

Third post from a long-time lurker. I normally try to stay in the back shadows reading and utilizing the search function to get answers from questions already asked. However, I cannot find the answer to this specific conundrum that I have come across.

I have a 2022 Cayenne Turbo S e-hybrid. It came equipped with the 22" 911 Turbo Design wheels and the PCCB. Specs are the following:

285/35ZR22 10Jx22 ET48 (with an acceptable range between 46 - 50)
315/30ZR22 11.5Jx22 ET61 (with an acceptable range between 59 - 63)

I want to go to a 21" wheel to have a better tire selection for the colder months where I'm located. These 22" Pirelli Scorpions are a bit slippery, akin to driving my Mustang with Michelin PS4Ss. That said, I see listings on eBay for replica/aftermarket wheels that, according to their detailed description, are a perfect fit for the Cayenne SUV. However, the offsets for the eBay replica 21" wheels are 9.5Jx21 ET50 for the front and 11Jx21 ET60 for the rear. According to Porsche and multiple threads here on Rennlist, OEM 21" wheels are the following:

9.5Jx21 ET46 (with an acceptable range between 44 - 48) and 11.5Jx21 ET58 (with an acceptable range between 56 - 60).

That said, I'm presumably good out back being that they're an ET60 and that's within specifications (I'll be running a 325/30R21 (ND0 spec - Porsche Panamera). My concern is up front, where I'm outside of specifications by +2mm inset/inward, being ET50 instead of between ET44-48. Sure, 2mm is not that much, though I understand that there's not that much clearance to be had. I do plan to size down just a bit in the front to a 275/35R21 (ND0 spec - Porsche Panamera), which Tire Tack measured on a 9.5" wheel (9"-11" range). Those measure out to be within 0.34% from one another whereas the OEM 22" sizes spec out to be 1.38% from one another, so I figure I won't have any issues with the AWD system.

I've emailed the eBay seller and they've assured me that they'll fit wonderfully and there would be no issues. I'm not at all inclined to trust them, but I do trust this community here at Rennlist. I apologize for creating yet another thread regarding offsets and issues, though I couldn't find anyone either running these replica wheels, or wheels from another manufacturer with the same numbers.

Does anyone here have any technical advice? Can I jump on these wheels from eBay, get the tires, mount them up, have a cold weather set, and switch back to the OEM 22s in the summer?

Link to wheels in question.

I'm also considering/asking if I can run 9.5Jx21 ET46 on all four corners. With that tire size, I'd go to a 285/40R21, which is the OEM front tire size. Not an "N-Spec", though I'm alright with that for the second set. Doing the calculations, I should be fine front and rear since the front is right on, and the rear will just be moved outward more, though I'm losing width which is inward anyway. No size difference to contend with regarding AWD systems or other sensors. All this with the added benefit of being able to rotate the tires.

Thanks in advance!
Hello, So I was about to be that one vendor that would post something like " oh man sorry for your troubles but how about you take a look at our collection" however i might as well try to help.. So here's my take, I don't know anything about those specific wheels your considering or brand, warranty or anything like that but I will say that 2mm is not really a huge thing ( normally ) but the worst case scenario I see is to simply add a 2mm or 3mm spacer and boom problem fix. plus that size spacer is no big deal at all.
see only 24 bucks
Amazon Amazon

Old 01-12-2024, 02:27 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

There will not be any clearance issues with those wheels at all as you will gain clearance on both the inner and outer because of the reduced width compared to what you are running right now. I wouldn't downsize the tire to a 275 either as there is no need and bigger diameter is better for snow anyway (keeping stock OD of the tire).

I run 275 square (front and rear) on my winter set with identical wheels. It still looks great because the reduced width increases the inner clearance and keeps the outer lip close to where it should be. The wheels also run in nearly the same tracks. Extra width is not really a benefit in winter conditions and makes tire selection harder. The car will absolutely be fine on square set up through the winter.