Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Turbo GT Thread - MY2024+

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2024, 12:57 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 183 Posts

I looked at Audi. G Wagons, Aston Martin, BMW, and various iterations of Cayenne. I'm selling my 992 Turbo S and I know it would be rough not to have something with melt your face off performance. My DD for the last 6 years has been a 2018 Macan Turbo with the performance package which has been a great car, I don't think I've ever owned another car for 6 years. After I take delivery of the Turbo GT I will sell the Macan also. I hate getting rid of the Turbo S, but it's just not practical for me and it's a high end Turbo S which makes it even less practical. Selling it on consignment through the dealer I bought it from.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:15 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 183 Posts

People keep telling me that the Lambo Urus is a better choice??? Same engine, Cayenne TGT is slightly smaller and slightly faster. There are pages and pages of used Urus on Autotrader. Plus they are more than 100k more then the T GT. I don't get it.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:47 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Muhney
People keep telling me that the Lambo Urus is a better choice??? Same engine, Cayenne TGT is slightly smaller and slightly faster. There are pages and pages of used Urus on Autotrader. Plus they are more than 100k more then the T GT. I don't get it.
Not the same engine. The Urus is an uptuned Audi. Porsche actually made physical changes to the engine to make it better. The Urus offers better personalization and options like massaging seats, 3 seat bench in the back and a tow hitch. The Urus brakes are identical to the Audi with a teenie tiny rear caliper. Porsche was intentionally focused the way it was to differentiate the brand offerings. If speed and handling are what you want, the Porsche is going to be better. Lambo will be more exclusive and eye catching.
The following 3 users liked this post by ranger22:
gatorfast (02-19-2024), mdrobc1213 (02-19-2024), user1029 (02-18-2024)
Old 02-18-2024, 11:01 PM
user1029
Rennlist Member

Received 553 Likes on 269 Posts

https://media.porsche.com/mediakit/c...nd-performance

turbo GT has modified motor and bigger turbine wheels, large intakes and intercoolers, liquid cooled transmission case, etc. The GT department modified the hell out of it
Old 02-19-2024, 08:05 AM
gatorfast
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
Not the same engine. The Urus is an uptuned Audi. Porsche actually made physical changes to the engine to make it better. The Urus offers better personalization and options like massaging seats, 3 seat bench in the back and a tow hitch. The Urus brakes are identical to the Audi with a teenie tiny rear caliper. Porsche was intentionally focused the way it was to differentiate the brand offerings. If speed and handling are what you want, the Porsche is going to be better. Lambo will be more exclusive and eye catching.
I see several Urus's in my neighborhood and the tiny rear caliper always catches my eye and looks so out of place.
Old 02-19-2024, 09:39 AM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 910 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
EA825 4.0TTV8 is a VAG engine. Audi vs Porsche vs Lambo is inconsequential marketingspeak.

What engine mods were specifically done by Lambo? Intercoolers? Wheels and transmission cooling are not engine mods.

Old 02-19-2024, 10:07 AM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

I traded my 24 TTS a week ago on a 24 GT3T. I have a 2023 Cayenne Turbo I DD now, and have a 2024 Cayenne Turbo Hybrid ordered for my wife. I'd like a Turbo GT but really don't want the Corsa tires in the northeast. I also see a lot for sale and wonder why. I may wait a bit and see how my wife's is and also see what the GTS is about once they announce it.
I think I would miss a 911 if I went for a all out DD.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (02-19-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 02:49 PM
sasuke
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ENCT
I traded my 24 TTS a week ago on a 24 GT3T. I have a 2023 Cayenne Turbo I DD now, and have a 2024 Cayenne Turbo Hybrid ordered for my wife. I'd like a Turbo GT but really don't want the Corsa tires in the northeast. I also see a lot for sale and wonder why. I may wait a bit and see how my wife's is and also see what the GTS is about once they announce it.
do you miss the TTS? I am thinking of skipping the allocation for TTS and pick up a GT3 instead since the TGT already has plenty of turbo power.
Old 02-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Optimistic
AutoX

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ENCT
I’m thinking of swapping out for non-Corsas before the original tires on my ‘24 TGT even get any use. (I’m on winters now.)

Curious about reactions/experience there.
Old 02-19-2024, 04:15 PM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sasuke
do you miss the TTS? I am thinking of skipping the allocation for TTS and pick up a GT3 instead since the TGT already has plenty of turbo power.
No, I do not. It was a weekend car for me and the GT3 serves that purpose better. And yes, the Turbo Cayenne has plenty of torque for sure.
sasuke (02-20-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 04:17 PM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Optimistic
I’m thinking of swapping out for non-Corsas before the original tires on my ‘24 TGT even get any use. (I’m on winters now.)

I will do the same if I wind up ordering a TGT.
Old 02-19-2024, 07:47 PM
user1029
Rennlist Member

Received 553 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Optimistic

I swapped out my P Zero Corsas for Scorpion All-Seasons at 10,000 miles. Performance is just as good on the street rides softer too
Old 02-23-2024, 11:12 AM
JTG13
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by user1029
I swapped out my P Zero Corsas for Scorpion All-Seasons at 10,000 miles. Performance is just as good on the street rides softer too
All seasons are the absolute worst tires to put on a performance car. They are are master of none, squeal when pushed hard, lose the sharp turn in, and just blah at everything they do. Just swap Corsa's for winters when appropriate. Its that simple.
retom (02-23-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 11:47 AM
Optimistic
AutoX

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JTG13
All seasons are the absolute worst tires to put on a performance car. They are are master of none, squeal when pushed hard, lose the sharp turn in, and just blah at everything they do. Just swap Corsa's for winters when appropriate. Its that simple.
Wouldn’t go the all seasons route, and do have dedicated winter wheels. But I’ve read that corsas are not good in wet (and may be dangerous?) and have always liked P Zeros.
Old 02-23-2024, 05:48 PM
JTG13
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

If you're looking at the Urus, wait 7 more weeks. The hybrid (will be called Urus SE) is coming out in April with orders coming shortly after. I gave up my Urus Performante to keep the TGT but now I got first slot on the Urus SE at my dealer. I spec in April.

800hp+ and coming with a dual clutch transmission from the Revuelto. Completely new interior and exterior styling so hold out. It will separate mechanically from the TGT and RSQ8 *finally*. Will be priced above the Urus Perf as reference in light of the Purosangue raising the asking price on SUVs considerably. TGT will be a performance bargain in 4-6 more months. Curious on how it will hold the TGT residuals in a slumping market given the widening price gap in the VW portfolio.

Last edited by JTG13; 02-23-2024 at 05:49 PM.
MiamiAnimalDoc (03-13-2024)

Quick Reply: Turbo GT Thread - MY2024+