I don’t like the new 2024 cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 08:23 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 354 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by kayjh
You do, or you wouldn’t have replied.
Just saw this- are you really such a troll?

Your contributions here are ka-ka. At most.

Last edited by George from MD; 03-01-2024 at 08:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Talon38c (03-02-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 08:23 PM
Shuga
Rennlist Member

Received 645 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironman88
Which model GLE did you get?
I went with the GLE350. Was considering the 450 as well, but the 350 felt like it compared to my Ram power wise ( which the Cayenne didn't it felt sluggish) So it was exactly what I was looking for.
Old 03-01-2024, 08:29 PM
Shuga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
Mrs. Lizard has a GLE-450 and it’s a great car- comfortable, good gas mileage, can carry lots of stuff. Good choice. MLs and GLs are all she and my daughter have driven since the last millennium.
I honestly super taken back by how much I love it. They had an Alpine Gray 580 in the showroom, I was stunned by the color. Loved the style & the interior . Test drove the 350, had more then enough power for a daily driver. for my type of driving. ( My 2020 Ram had 5,900 miles). They had an Alpine Gray 350 on a truck as it was "incoming" from the plant. It arrived Tuesday morning, picked it up Tuesday evening.
Old 03-01-2024, 08:31 PM
Shuga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chassis
Congrats on the GLE. I have experience with the current model V167 GLE and prior model W166 GLE. Cayenne is a worlds better car than any comparable trim GLE. Sorry to see you leave the Cayenne fold. Enjoy the GLE!

Sorry to say but prepare yourself for trips to the unhelpful dealer.
Thank you, It's really to each their own. I'm not putting down the Cayenne's I'm just giving my take on it. Porsche could have done better.
The following 2 users liked this post by Shuga:
chassis (03-02-2024), mdrobc1213 (03-02-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 08:34 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
Had a 2020 cayenne, now a 2024. I think the .1 looks nicer exterior wise, interior wise they are about equal with plus and minus for each. Both are very good cars and the 2024 does not suffer from anything, it actually has a very important extra range in the hybrid models.

I loved the old cohiba/espresso interior in the .1 and it is a shame it has been discontued but the barrique red in the .2 is a nice surprise and I might prefer it to bordeaux. The deviated cross stitching option for the club leather makes the interior look much more premium since it is actual double stitching - lines and crosses - and reminds me of more higher end cars eg bentley.

T
ok just to put things into perspective since I have experience with both 9y0 cayennes.

Interior: I personally prefer the .2 interior even though I have mentioned above that it is a draw since the .1 is not bad either. The new one though is sleeker, the design lines are much simpler and the screens allow you to customize the info and actually show what you want to see and are not static ie analog displays.

As some people have mentioned above the .2 has actually a better suspension and it really rides beatufully - it feels better than my .1

Now - the hybrid .2 is my wife’s car and I am thinking to get a 24 turbo hybrid for me or a 23 turbo gt since there is no 24 turbo gt in EU any more. After living with and driving a bit the .2 hybrid and because the interior is extremely important to me - I would actually not go for the turbo gt which is for me the ultimate suv I have ever driven and get I would get the turbo hybrid since now the .1 is a bit “out dated” to me after living with the technology of the .2

I thing the only way to judge the .2 is to drive one for several days and for sure has to be one with lots of options so you test the full package. I am almost sure that no one will chose the .1.As has been mentioned cars usually progress north and not south and even if mistakes are made in the new generation, the technology progress is so important that almost sure the next gen is better.

Of course the above are just my opinion and again the difference is small but still substantial and it is very difficult to judge until you have lived with both.
The following 2 users liked this post by silversurfer6:
jo2134 (03-01-2024), mdrobc1213 (03-02-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 08:34 PM
Shuga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mattsrs
I had a loaded 22 Cayenne with truffle brown club leather. First time I sat in the 24 Cayenne, it felt to me like an Acura in comparison. It is just sad what they did to the interior but they thought they can wow people with more screens. I also really dislike that giant vertical black plastic that goes across to the passenger side. I get it that from handling, suspension, engine's perspective, 24 has improved but interior feel/ambience is where you spend your time in a car and will not be easy to get used to 24 interior for a $100k+ car. (photos are not my cars, it is cohiba brown just from the internet)

You're right. They just didn't implement the screens right. The interior feels cramped on the 24 Cayenne. I felt like I had to squeeze in. Take it. I'm 6'3 but I don't have an issue in my Panamera. It's a 100k car but it's not a 100k car interior. Sad.

Side note, I hated hated hated the shifter in the 24. WTF is that crap. It doesn't even feel nice, it's a cheap plastic that feels like it could be ripped off.
Old 03-01-2024, 08:35 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 194 Posts

I've seen two '24's out on the road, the second was just a few mins ago. Both of them were spec'd with sport design package and it's the bizz. The new one just just so nice with the right specs. At least on the exterior.
Old 03-01-2024, 08:36 PM
Shuga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kachakacha
I’m in California. Car is coming from Georgia.

Sales are desperate and no dealer wants to pay lot fees on the vehicles. They are very aggressive right now to get rid of them.
I didn't find that. I got a lease quote for a 100k 23 base coupe that's a left for $1,999 a month. They stated that they couldn't do much better then 10k off because it's a 23.
Old 03-01-2024, 08:38 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 260 Posts

Some photos to show the interior differences. Both cars are quite well optioned. I am not sure how some people have decided that the interior of the .2 is cheaper and does not feel luxury.

Last edited by silversurfer6; 03-01-2024 at 08:40 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by silversurfer6:
jo2134 (03-01-2024), mdrobc1213 (03-02-2024), retom (03-01-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 08:42 PM
retom
Racer

Received 276 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Shuga
I went with the GLE350. Was considering the 450 as well, but the 350 felt like it compared to my Ram power wise ( which the Cayenne didn't it felt sluggish) So it was exactly what I was looking for.
Well, you see, I did the opposite. I really liked the MB AMG GLE 63S Coupe and ordered it in the middle of last year. Then I read probably all the international MB GLE forums, talked to my MB mechanic friends and got scared. As soon as the Cayenne Turbo e-hybrid Coupe appeared, I gave up on the MB and ordered a Porsche. Unfortunately, it is 20% more expensive than MB, but in my opinion it is worth the price.
GLE is a lottery, so I keep my fingers crossed that you got the winning ticket when buying this car.
Old 03-01-2024, 09:27 PM
icemang
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 146 Posts

I'm pretty agnostic on the question but I really don't like that screen in the '24.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:34 PM
i386_64
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
Some photos to show the interior differences. Both cars are quite well optioned. I am not sure how some people have decided that the interior of the .2 is cheaper and does not feel luxury.

Still .1 seems better to me. We have an Audi and that .2 leather is pretty similar to what it has. .1 leather seems to be smooth.

.2 leather is on par with BMW <7 series and MB <S Class models. .1 was somewhere in the middle.

I think it's not the comparison of .1 vs .2 here. Latter has more pronounced effects of cost-cutting in the German auto industry. They raised the prices of the new csrs lately. People can't really justify paying more and getting less, especially considering most of these vehicles are financed through and the resulting artifact would also have the increased cost of interest and insurance combined.

If you guys pass-by a Lotus dealership, give some time and look at the new Eletre. Compare the prices. You'll be amazed by the massive hit done by the Chinese to the German auto industry. Unbelievable I'm saying a Chinese built car is better than a Porsche.

I'd get that car in a breath if an EV would fit my use case.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:42 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 910 Posts

The passsenger screen on the .2 is not going to age well, aesthetically and functionally.

Truffle brown club leather on the .1 is stunning.

Not a fan of the .2 interior. Next car for me after CPO expires in a couple of years is a MY23 .1 or a non-Cayenne.

Last edited by chassis; 03-01-2024 at 10:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mattsrs (03-02-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 11:30 PM
Shuga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by retom
Well, you see, I did the opposite. I really liked the MB AMG GLE 63S Coupe and ordered it in the middle of last year. Then I read probably all the international MB GLE forums, talked to my MB mechanic friends and got scared. As soon as the Cayenne Turbo e-hybrid Coupe appeared, I gave up on the MB and ordered a Porsche. Unfortunately, it is 20% more expensive than MB, but in my opinion it is worth the price.
GLE is a lottery, so I keep my fingers crossed that you got the winning ticket when buying this car.
That's why we have a warranty and it's a lease.
Old 03-01-2024, 11:53 PM
jo2134
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Shuga
That's why we have a warranty and it's a lease.
In regards to the GLE it is a great vehicle. I’ve ridden in many and driven a few. That being said it’s not in the same category as the Cayenne or X5 in my book.The GLE is more of a luxury cruiser SUV than a sports SUV. X5 and GLE are sport and luxury counterparts with the Cayenne being a small step up on both ends.

A well optioned Cayenne is in a different tier than a well optioned GLE or X5 and I believe that is the general consensus. All of these cars need to be experienced with a healthy amount of optioned to really be compared. All in all beauty is in the high of the beholder and I’m sure you’re enjoying your GLE while saving some cash.

Quick Reply: I don’t like the new 2024 cayenne