Turbo Coupe purchase

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2024, 02:54 AM
KJPNW
7th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Turbo Coupe purchase

Hi All,
I am looking for someone thoughts on purchasing a Turbo that was somehow spec'd without RAS or Comfort Keyless Entry. It's a 2023 about 145k is generally the interior and exterior color combo I want. No PTV either. Does have ceramic breaks and PDCC. Dealbreaker to spend this much on a car that does not even have keyless entry or RAS?

Thanks
Old 03-05-2024, 07:51 AM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 910 Posts

Originally Posted by KJPNW
Hi All,
I am looking for someone thoughts on purchasing a Turbo that was somehow spec'd without RAS or Comfort Keyless Entry. It's a 2023 about 145k is generally the interior and exterior color combo I want. No PTV either. Does have ceramic breaks and PDCC. Dealbreaker to spend this much on a car that does not even have keyless entry or RAS?

Thanks
Please post the VIN. Lacking comfort entry seems odd.

RAS, PDCC and PTV are not must haves in my view. No owners with these systems report that their lives have been changed by those systems. They are fairly gimmicky in my view and sources of high cost repairs for second and third owners.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:04 AM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by chassis
Please post the VIN. Lacking comfort entry seems odd.

RAS, PDCC and PTV are not must haves in my view. No owners with these systems report that their lives have been changed by those systems. They are fairly gimmicky in my view and sources of high cost repairs for second and third owners.
I wouldn't call these systems gimmicky, but they can be costly for repairs. PTV you won't notice unless you're driving in a lot of ice/snow. RAS has some benefits, but PDCC is by far the most important. PDCC transforms the ride/handling. Not sure how you don't end up with comfort entry, I thought it was standard for a turbo.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 09:07 AM
matthewr87
Racer

Received 251 Likes on 166 Posts

Without keyless entry at least you don't have to worry about someone spoofing your key and driving off in your car. Perhaps the original owner was worried about car thefts in their area.
Old 03-05-2024, 02:13 PM
gatorfast
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 257 Posts

Oddly enough my Cayenne S was spec'd without keyless entry. Personally, that didnt stop me at all from purchasing the car as it had many cosmetic and other options that were much more important to me. No big deal to click the button in my pocket.

When searching for a preowned car, you have to be flexible as it will be nearly impossible to find a car exactly how you would spec it if new.
Old 03-05-2024, 04:43 PM
jo2134
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 63 Posts

RAS is one of those things you can’t live without only once you’ve had it.

It’s amazing how the car maneuvers with RAS a real game changer especially with parallel parking and u-turns
The following users liked this post:
BostonBC (03-11-2024)

Quick Reply: Turbo Coupe purchase