Sponsored By:

Chalk Leather

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2024, 05:15 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 167 Posts
Default Chalk Leather

Currently have a 21 S with slate gray and majove interior. Looking at a Turbo with chalk and graphite blue interior. I have not seen it in person yet, but in pictures it looks extremely light. Is the chalk very hard to keep clean?
Old 03-31-2024, 10:50 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,553 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Extremely hard? No. Require more work than black? Yes. More work than slate and Mojave? Nah, about the same. I would imagine slate / Mojave would be similar to my Umber / Tartufo interior on my 958 Cayenne.

it’s totally worth it. My wife gets a ton of compliments on it. In person it is a very, very light gray.

Old 04-01-2024, 12:29 AM
jo2134
Instructor

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I specced the chalk interior and have no regrets (so far). It looks really clean and gives a high end feel to the interior imo. I ceramic coated my interior which I think is a must on light colors. So far, any mark or color transfer has rubbed right out with some moisture.
The following users liked this post:
Needsdecaf (04-01-2024)
Old 04-01-2024, 12:38 AM
ctdwp
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Just got our Cayenne Coupe this weekend and it has the Chalk/Black interior. It’s not too light and is more of a light grey vs. white. Of course this is replacing a Model X with bright white interior so it looks dark compared to that.

I will be applying Gyeon Leather Shield to it to help keep it clean…that worked well on our white seats.
Old 04-01-2024, 08:51 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,375 Likes on 795 Posts

Originally Posted by mafpolo
Currently have a 21 S with slate gray and majove interior. Looking at a Turbo with chalk and graphite blue interior. I have not seen it in person yet, but in pictures it looks extremely light. Is the chalk very hard to keep clean?
Didn't you just buy the s like 2 months ago? You don't like it?
Old 04-01-2024, 11:18 AM
Craig
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I previously owned a ‘20 S with that combination. No real issues — cleaned the seat bolsters occasionally. Beautiful interior. Go for it!
Needsdecaf (04-01-2024)
Old 04-01-2024, 11:35 AM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Received 505 Likes on 364 Posts

I had chalk/graphite in my 2020 Cayenne and loved it. Still looked new when I sold it last year. Occasionally cleaned the bolsters with leather cleaner. Only 2 adults in our fam with occasional teenage grandsons in the rear seat.
Needsdecaf (04-01-2024)
Old 04-01-2024, 05:24 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 627 Likes on 405 Posts

Had that in our 2022 911 and loved it. It didn't require any more maintenance or cleaning love than any other color interior would have, however, just based on my OCD freakiness, I did give it more attention than it needed, just to stay ahead of the game.

It is an amazing color and really adds to the vehicle, if you ask me.
Needsdecaf (04-01-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 01:56 PM
craig001
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

I have the full leather option in Chalk and it's no worse than any other color interior IMHO.
Old 04-21-2024, 03:23 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Default I did....it's not that I don;'t like it

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Didn't you just buy the s like 2 months ago? You don't like it?
I did recently get a 2021 S. I was looking for a turbo or an S.....preferably a turbo. When one buys preowned, it's hard to find exactly what you want. I missed an S that had everything I wanted, including the colors. I ended up finding this S, which was is really close. I knew I didn't like the RS Spyder wheels and would be replacing them. Even though I had seen Quartzite often, I never paid attention to how dark it is. I do love the slate and mojave gray leather interior. The one thing that is missing from my S is sport exhaust. Then this turbo appeared, and it has everything I want (sport exhaust and even Burmester )and then some. I wanted to make sure that the chalk leather wouldn't be a pain in the rear to maintain. Now it is just a decision of whether I want to spend the $ for the difference.
Old 04-21-2024, 05:43 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,553 Likes on 1,589 Posts

I did recently get a 2021 S. I was looking for a turbo or an S.....preferably a turbo. When one buys preowned, it's hard to find exactly what you want. I missed an S that had everything I wanted, including the colors. I ended up finding this S, which was is really close. I knew I didn't like the RS Spyder wheels and would be replacing them. Even though I had seen Quartzite often, I never paid attention to how dark it is. I do love the slate and mojave gray leather interior. The one thing that is missing from my S is sport exhaust. Then this turbo appeared, and it has everything I want (sport exhaust and even Burmester )and then some. I wanted to make sure that the chalk leather wouldn't be a pain in the rear to maintain. Now it is just a decision of whether I want to spend the $ for the difference.
Here’s our chalk leather after at least 90 days since cleaning. It’s coated. The camera makes it look worse than it is.

The leather is protected and I cleaned it with Colourlock Mild Cleaner. I also have strong and dye remover if needed. It was not. This clean took all of maybe 90 seconds.

LDT (04-21-2024)
Old 04-22-2024, 03:06 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,169 Likes on 579 Posts

I got Mojave beige, and after 5.5 years of use as utility truck transporting bikes and kids with lots of sports equipment and routine eating full meals in the car, it's spotless. Any dirt is more visible on light color, but it comes off with a regular leather cleaner. Spilled colourful drink and sharpie stains required isopropyl alcohol but also came out without a trace or damage to the leather. It's quite durable. The only issue is when the upper layer cracks and exposes the base leather underneath, that leather gets stained much more easily and is much harder to clean. But it's only starting to happen in deep creases of te driver's seat after 5 years of heavy use, so not a huge deal.
andredl (04-22-2024)
Old 04-23-2024, 08:29 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Can you use Gyeon Q2 Leather Shield on Porsche leather? I have read where it is not recommended on certain leather.
Old 04-23-2024, 02:12 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,164 Likes on 1,139 Posts

Gyeon leather shield on Porsche leather? I don't know the answer to that.

If you've not yet purchased that product, then I would second the recommendation made above about the Colourlock products. Colourlock provides outstanding leather care products for Porsche (and other makes of course as well.)

In addition to cleaning the leather, Colourlock makes an excellent leather conditioning / leather shield product that helps reduce premature leather wear in areas that experience more abrasive use (seat bolsters for example). It also helps reduce the incidence of denim dye transfer on leather - which on lighter colored leather is especially beneficial.

https://www.colourlock.com/?gad_sour...BoC7YMQAvD_BwE
Old 04-24-2024, 08:18 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Default Does Colourlock Protect The Non Seating Leather

Originally Posted by Ironman88
Gyeon leather shield on Porsche leather? I don't know the answer to that.

If you've not yet purchased that product, then I would second the recommendation made above about the Colourlock products. Colourlock provides outstanding leather care products for Porsche (and other makes of course as well.)

In addition to cleaning the leather, Colourlock makes an excellent leather conditioning / leather shield product that helps reduce premature leather wear in areas that experience more abrasive use (seat bolsters for example). It also helps reduce the incidence of denim dye transfer on leather - which on lighter colored leather is especially beneficial.

https://www.colourlock.com/?gad_sour...BoC7YMQAvD_BwE
Does Colorurlock protect teh other parts of the leather on the full leather interior, such as the dash, upper parts of the doors, center console, and the grab handles? I want to protect the center console from arms/elbow stains and the grab handles from hand stains. Also....the steering wheel from hand oils. Any reason NOT to use the Gyeon leather ceramic product? According to Gyeon and others, the leather (non club leather) on most cars today have a clear-coat, which needs protection.

Quick Reply: Chalk Leather