Sponsored By:

Cayenne S 2024 parking brake error

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 02:38 PM
Maxtimeoff
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Cayenne S 2024 parking brake error

Hello all. I absolutely love my 2024 Cayenne S. Ordered the car and took delivery at the PECLA. A great experience all around.

A few weeks ago I went to the dealer for these faults, steering wheel and brake error. Dealer asked if the car had been sitting for a while and in fact it had been sitting for about 6 days, first time sitting for any extended period. They said it was the battery being low. They charged it and sent me off. Car was at dealer for an overnight stay for this. I told the dealer there is no way a car sitting for 6 days would cause a battery to discharge causing these types of faults, something else has to be wrong. Dealer, “there are a lot of electronics in these new cars these days”. Complete BS if you ask me. Yesterday, after driving the car everyday for weeks, I got the same faults. It may be a low battery but something is causing an accelerated discharge. Any thoughts? Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks….

Old 04-16-2024, 07:51 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 759 Likes on 276 Posts

Totally unacceptable. I canceled my order for a ‘24 S E-Hybrid because of too many stories like this. I hope your dealer fixes your’s.
Old 04-16-2024, 02:58 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 333 Likes on 198 Posts

Maybe a bad battery? The battery being low, on a new car, doesn't sound like a reasonable explanation unless it's a bad battery.

My CS had some pinched wiring harnesses under the car (due to manufacturing mistakes). It manifested as a series of faults, each one appearing after another was resolved.

Took 2 months for the dealer to resolve, including all the time they were waiting on parts from Germany. Given all the automation involved in building these cars, I doubt my car was unique in having improperly fitted undercarriage components that pinched/crushed wiring harnesses. Porsche did extend my warranty and give me some service vouchers for peace of mind, which was nice.

I would take it back to the dealer and get them to look under the car, examine all the wiring harnesses for any kind of impingement. If they think it's the battery, get them to replace it since there's no way it should get low enough to cause faults after 6 days.

Quick Reply: Cayenne S 2024 parking brake error