Notices

Tire Shine - Recommendations/Reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 12:20 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts
Default Tire Shine - Recommendations/Reviews?

Soliciting recommendations and reviews of tire shine products - ideally with specifics of what people have liked or disliked.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:50 AM
OlderSlower
Track Day

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

I just used Adams Rubber and Tire Cleaner and their VRT rubber and tire dressing on my 2002 C4S. I am very pleased with both products, the tire cleaner restored my Conti's to like new clean and seem to restore a darker black after thorough cleaning. The trick is to keep scrubbing with a tire brush and rinsing until the soap suds are white while scrubbing. The VRT dressing seems to be a great product, it gives a satin rather than shiny finish and I used it on all of the rubber trim. It also restores a black satin finish and doesn't smear on paint or glass. I can't speak to how long the finish will last, but very happy so far.
The following users liked this post:
Bob in NY (05-05-2021)
Old 03-14-2021, 09:54 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,543 Likes on 860 Posts

Im a pretty big fan of AMMO nyc products. The tire shine that they sell I particularly like because it is more of a gel that you spread on the tire. the spray ones tend to get all over the paint and drip a lot, but AMMO tire mud sticks and absorbs into the rubber great.

Check out his website and youtube videos... he has some fantastic cleaning products

https://www.ammonyc.com/product/ammo-mud-tire-gel/
Old 03-15-2021, 07:14 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,389 Likes on 2,510 Posts

Aerospace 303. One product, many uses.
Last_935 (03-16-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 07:41 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,974 Likes on 2,051 Posts

Ammo Mud. CarPro Perl. I like both because they last a week or so of daily driving. Probably a month of weekend driving. Mud smells really good, almost grape like. Has a good shine, but not too much.

Obsessed Garage is also making one, I have not used it though.
toph4242 (03-16-2021)
Old 03-16-2021, 11:53 AM
Last_935
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Aerospace 303. One product, many uses.
+1

Been using it for many years in both automotive and non-automotive applications. I buy it by the gallon.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:32 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by Last_935
+1

Been using it for many years in both automotive and non-automotive applications. I buy it by the gallon.
Me too! Basically, if it's NOT painted, glass, leather, or pizza......I put 303 on it!
Old 03-16-2021, 05:39 PM
Matt(inMA)
Not in MA anymore
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 114 Posts

Why not pizza?

Asking for a friend

Matt
Old 03-16-2021, 05:46 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by Matt(inMA)
Why not pizza?

Asking for a friend

Matt
NEVER mess up a good pizza!!

The following 2 users liked this post by LexVan:
Biersmith (03-18-2021), Matt(inMA) (04-03-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 02:26 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

303 is okay. Been using it for years but want something that lasts longer. Currently trying CarPro Perl. It's...okay.

Tried Gyeon Quartz and was disappointed considering all of the work I put in. Scrubbed the tires twice, applied the first coat and hit it with a heat gun. Applied again and used the heat gun.

Washed off in the lightest of rain on a car that did not turn a wheel. Promptly returned that swill.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:02 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,974 Likes on 2,051 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
303 is okay. Been using it for years but want something that lasts longer. Currently trying CarPro Perl. It's...okay.

Tried Gyeon Quartz and was disappointed considering all of the work I put in. Scrubbed the tires twice, applied the first coat and hit it with a heat gun. Applied again and used the heat gun.

Washed off in the lightest of rain on a car that did not turn a wheel. Promptly returned that swill.
I'd say to give Ammo Mud a try if you're willing to try another product. I think it works very well and does last a bit longer than others in my experience.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:52 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

Prepping the tires well with an APC will help with longetivity. Carpro Perl leaves a nice satin/clean rubber look. Not a high shine.

​​​​​​I also use Ammo Mud. I wasn't impressed at first, as it seems far too glossy in application. By the time I got through all four tires, I found it was much more matte/satin and was very impressed with how it left the tires. Holds up pretty well also.

Received a small bottle of Obsessed Garage Tire Dressing but haven't tried it yet. Supposedly finishes out like Perl but not as sensitive to tire prep. I will likely try it on the GT4 next wash.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:58 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bxstr
I'd say to give Ammo Mud a try if you're willing to try another product. I think it works very well and does last a bit longer than others in my experience.
Thank you.
Originally Posted by iammacey
Prepping the tires well with an APC will help with longetivity. Carpro Perl leaves a nice satin/clean rubber look. Not a high shine.

​​​​​​I also use Ammo Mud. I wasn't impressed at first, as it seems far too glossy in application. By the time I got through all four tires, I found it was much more matte/satin and was very impressed with how it left the tires. Holds up pretty well also.

Received a small bottle of Obsessed Garage Tire Dressing but haven't tried it yet. Supposedly finishes out like Perl but not as sensitive to tire prep. I will likely try it on the GT4 next wash.
What's APC? All-purpose cleaner? If so, I used a 50/50 Simple Green solution with a good brush to remove any prior treatments. I went to town on those tires and spent far too much time considering the abysmal "longevity." Stuff had the lifespan of a mayfly.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:14 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Thank you.

What's APC? All-purpose cleaner? If so, I used a 50/50 Simple Green solution with a good brush to remove any prior treatments. I went to town on those tires and spent far too much time considering the abysmal "longevity." Stuff had the lifespan of a mayfly.
It is All Purpose Cleaner. And I assume you're referencing the Gyeon? I haven't tried their rubber treatment. I saw someone on a forum, maybe here, about prep requirements and Gyeon suggesting the use of a heat gun after. Sounded like entirely too much work for me.

I like the results of both Perl and Mud. Both are easy to apply on the car tires. Everything is a pain on the truck. I don't need a product that requires that much prep and that many install steps.
Old 03-24-2021, 03:25 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by iammacey
It is All Purpose Cleaner. And I assume you're referencing the Gyeon? I haven't tried their rubber treatment. I saw someone on a forum, maybe here, about prep requirements and Gyeon suggesting the use of a heat gun after. Sounded like entirely too much work for me.

I like the results of both Perl and Mud. Both are easy to apply on the car tires. Everything is a pain on the truck. I don't need a product that requires that much prep and that many install steps.
Yes, Gyeon. Cleaned/scrubbed, applied, heat gun baked-on, re-applied, re-baked. Never again.

Quick Reply: Tire Shine - Recommendations/Reviews?