Notices

Opinions on this PPF & ceramic job?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 02:50 PM
doublejeopardy
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Question Opinions on this PPF & ceramic job?

I had PPF & ceramic done and would like some opinions on the quality of the work.

Many panel junction corners are unprotected by PPF. Is this normal?
Also, a paint correction was supposedly performed, but there is a lot of orange peel (seen in the reflection here). Is the orange peel normal for Xpel PPF?

PPF edges lifted 1 week after job. On the panel there is an air bubble or dust (there are not many of these spots in this job).

PPF edge lifted along both front AC condensers. Is this unavoidable?

PPF edge lifted at gas lid. It rubs the body panel when I open and close the gas lid. Is this normal?

Scuffed (it is physically rough) panel edge on trunk lid.

This looks like ceramic high spots to me from wiping the adjacent paint. There's a similar high spot on a side mirror wind diffuser.

The shop also installed a darker window tint than discussed. Will the rear defroster lines be affected by tint removal?

This work was done by Moe at Glistening Perfection, a well regarded shop on this forum. The job took 8 weeks, and I believe my car sat for 5 weeks before any work was done.
The shop has these photos and has not addressed them.
I am trying to schedule the follow up appointment now, and the shop is ghosting me.

What do we think?

Last edited by doublejeopardy; 11-30-2022 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Added another line
Old 11-30-2022, 06:21 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 711 Likes on 371 Posts
Default Let’s do follow up and all these things will be addressed

First and foremost, my apologies that you had to post this on rennlist as we haven’t responded to your last email on coordinating the complimentary follow up service

you sent detailed photos above, thank you for that, and as I mentioned, all will be addressed at follow up 👍

I will reach out asap and get you into the asylum

once again, sincerest apologies for not responding to you sooner…no excuse!!

Last edited by MoeMistry; 11-30-2022 at 06:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BudgetPlan1 (12-01-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 06:17 PM
tmarino
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 120 Posts

That, overall, is a terrible job! It should have never even got out of the shop with defects as shown. The very first photo shown is an indication of the professionalism of the installer. That's the type of work a dealer would have done on his lot in an afternoon to a Honda...........definitely NOT suitable for a PCar or others.
Old 12-20-2022, 12:58 AM
Krs76
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tmarino
That, overall, is a terrible job! It should have never even got out of the shop with defects as shown. The very first photo shown is an indication of the professionalism of the installer. That's the type of work a dealer would have done on his lot in an afternoon to a Honda...........definitely NOT suitable for a PCar or others.
I agree…that is subpar for any vehicle. If you paid for paint correction, which should be done before any PPF or ceramic, that was definitely skipped.

check out www.3DProducts.com they make Amazing products and their ceramic with Graphene is best on the market.

they also make a great prep product (wipe) and a correction compound, One that is great for the enthusiast.

Love that color by the way.
Old 12-23-2022, 01:12 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 290 Posts

Oof - not good. Moe did the original work? Seems out of character but maybe it was a new tech. Hopefully they make it right - that’s a very poor job for sure.
Old 12-24-2022, 11:02 AM
BudgetPlan1
Instructor

Received 180 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Krs76
I agree…that is subpar for any vehicle. If you paid for paint correction, which should be done before any PPF or ceramic, that was definitely skipped.

check out www.3DProducts.com they make Amazing products and their ceramic with Graphene is best on the market.

they also make a great prep product (wipe) and a correction compound, One that is great for the enthusiast.

Love that color by the way.
Considering that product has been on the market for less than a month, a bit sensationalist dontcha think? 🤔

Last edited by BudgetPlan1; 12-24-2022 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-24-2022, 11:30 AM
motoo344
Three Wheelin'

Received 467 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1
Considering that product has been on the market for less than a month, a bit sensationalist dontcha think? 🤔
Welcome to the world of ceramic coatings. Everything is the greatest thing ever.
The following users liked this post:
BudgetPlan1 (12-24-2022)
Old 04-10-2023, 05:12 PM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

So how did this turn out?
Old 04-11-2023, 05:13 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Cowhorn
I am curious to learn about the corrective process as well for my own knowledge.. does the shop have to redo with new ppf applied, or can the edges that lifted just be heated and tuck in again ie does the adhesive for the ppf film have a timeframe where it can still stick , or is it the case that once the film has lifted it loses stickiness - and only new film needs to be reapplied?
Old 04-17-2023, 02:44 AM
doublejeopardy
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cowhorn
We're still working out a few things. Three months have passed due to my procrastination.

Quick Reply: Opinions on this PPF & ceramic job?